RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #1
BeatMentalIllness940
Moving Through Life

I am currently:
Trigger Alert

Im trying to stop cutting and making my healing wounds reopen but it is so hard im hoping that my seroquel being upped will help alot i have 600 mg at night and 100 as needed .

Im not sure what could help .

BeatMentalIllness940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

Hopefully, meds can help.
Also, maybe trying to distract yourself whenever you really feel like cutting?

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 10:41 PM   #3
BeatMentalIllness940
Moving Through Life

I am currently:

yea I am trying to by watching youtube videos ,and reaching out to others and dancing and reading.

Old 24-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

Sound like a good plan to keep yourself safe. Good luck!

Old 24-11-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
BeatMentalIllness940
Moving Through Life

I am currently:
Not sure what to do

I told a nurse and she wants me to go in and get them checked it out and get a tetanus shot since i had not had one since 2009 now 2017, And she really wanted me to go in to urgent care even if i could not do a regular appt , and she also got a second opinion from the mental health staff at Park Nicollet and the mental health nurse which if she finds out what more they can do to help she will call me back the nurse .

Im super scared to get a tetanus shot she said it stings a little bit then stops but still im freaked out . And she also wanted me to give up all sharp items to my advocates so i would not be tempted to cut when i have the urges again , and if i have to keep them covered then to keep from reopening then do it .
Im not sure I have the strength to give them up yet so i don't know how i can do it without getting in very high distress. Im in way over my head and super emotional because im sick and have my period .

Old 25-11-2017, 02:09 AM   #6
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

Sounds like things are getting sorted out for you, and that's great!

Tetanus shot isn't that scary. It isn't very painful, it isn't dangerous and it doesn't make you feel unwell afterwards, so there's nothing to worry about. And giving up your tools and keeping your wounds covered sounds like a very effective solution to your initial problem, so hope you'll feel ready to do it.

Can you tell the nurse that you don't feel ready to give up your tools yet? I'm sorry things are difficult right now, hope you'll feel better soon.

Old 25-11-2017, 02:18 AM   #7
BeatMentalIllness940
Moving Through Life

I am currently:
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juella View Post
Sounds like things are getting sorted out for you, and that's great!

Tetanus shot isn't that scary. It isn't very painful, it isn't dangerous and it doesn't make you feel unwell afterwards, so there's nothing to worry about. And giving up your tools and keeping your wounds covered sounds like a very effective solution to your initial problem, so hope you'll feel ready to do it.

Can you tell the nurse that you don't feel ready to give up your tools yet? I'm sorry things are difficult right now, hope you'll feel better soon.

Yea i did tell her that and she encouraged me to talk to my psych providers on ways that i can give them up till i feel like not cutting anymore and not a temptation anymore and in a way i dont freak out to bad.But im not ready for it and dont know how to help myself let alone tell others whats helping or how to deal etc.

Old 25-11-2017, 07:23 AM   #8
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

I think talking to your psych providers sounds like a good idea, because they might have some good advice for you. Although I understand if you don't feel ready for that either.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:26 AM   #9
BeatMentalIllness940
Moving Through Life

I am currently:
Trigger Alert

I'm doing head banging again and its causing me constant headaches which is very painful, and at first i got amnesia from it for 4 hrs.

I'm not sure how to stop I have the urge. 24\7 I tired effective coping skills but still it does not help much at all so I gave up,it just feels so overwhelming the emotional pain ,and sadness and grief .

I just feel so terrible and feel so sad and getting angry and irritable which is not like me its scary I have all this pent up anger and I just feel like I can't get better and cry every night.

And my group home staff feel scared and very worried about me hurting myself and other's.they want me to get a 72 hr hold or committed involuntarily for 6 months or more but I really scared and feel is be judged and forced me to do treatment.

I'm so stuck .I need support.

Old 15-01-2018, 07:17 PM   #10
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

I'm really sorry you've got no replies to this earlier. Are you okay? How's your head? Hope you got it checked, it sounds like you could've got a concussion and that's pretty serious!

Old 16-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #11
BeatMentalIllness940
Moving Through Life

I am currently:
RE:Reply trigger alert

[quote=Juella;4152002]I'm really sorry you've got no replies to this earlier. Are you okay? How's your head? Hope you got it checked, it sounds like you could've got a concussion and that's pretty seriou

its alright,i understand im not ok i called the local crisis number and Cope for mental health emergencies last night and they were like we dont know how to help you and we cant help you if your giving up using or continuing coping skills,and I was very suicidal and i told them that and they were like are you intending to do something and i was like idk and they were like we could get someone to access you but yet you dont want to go the hospital . Which i believe they wanted me to go.

I feel if i were to disappear and no one would notice till to late , I almost wrote a note to everybody with my regards and apologies for being a burden ,but i did not what made me feel better was that i listened to a song depicting a suicide completed and the after effects of mostly it was fiction but the artist who uploaded it really seems for pro anti suicide. that got me to rethink things for the good.im ok now just woke up ,i also have a ARMHS service to mentally rehabilitate ad function while maintain sobriety and following treatment recommendations etc...

I looked at my adoption papers last night and it hurt to read them and if i got help truly for my thoughts and being honest of the amount of thoughts they would probably commit me to a hospital for 6 months or more.i do not haave a concussion as of late.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)