RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-01-2020, 07:56 PM   #2141
Soft Kitty

Hospital isn't always a good place but are there any potential positives about an admission? Sometimes I find increased support helps break through something that could otherwise be very psychologically or physically harmful.

It's okay to advocate for yourself, it's okay to be the one who knows yourself best and is the expert in yourself - if you feel hospital might be helpful, I think that's totally valid and good to recognise that things can't stay this way at home. I do acknowledge though that it's difficult to ask for things when a professional's understanding can't be counted upon.

Do you think your CPN would understand if you said that things have reached breaking point and that you feel an admission would be in your best interests (even if you have conflicting feelings about that)?

Re: sleep, what time do you normally go to bed? Are you managing to get much sleep?

Also re: what you mentioned about the potentially harmful thing, I'm very sorry for not returning to this sooner, but it sounds like it needs checking out.

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #2142
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I managed to phone the informal crisis team and spoke to someone. I really don't think I can manage at home for much longer. The person I spoke to thinks I have a good enough relationship with my CPN that she'd understand that if I asked for an admission I definitely need one because I don't really ask for anything. It would be better for me to go in early, like my plan is supposed to be, so that I don't end up doing something really serious and then ending up being admitted. I just want to be ok, at home. But I don't think I can be ok at home right now. I'm concerned about worrying my brother though. I wouldn't tell him exactly what is going on but he'd have to know if I was in hospital.

I sleep mostly ok if I stick to my routine, it's just that it's so long until I can go to bed and the waking hours are agony right now.

The potentially harmful thing is probably fine. I will know in up to 48 hours supposedly anyway. I will mention it to my CPN tomorrow if I get the chance.

My friend's cremation is tomorrow and I don't think I'm going to be able to make it because it's early and I really need to be able to answer the call from my CPN. I know my friend would understand though. Hopefully I can do something else to remember her, I think the people who don't live close are doing a wave of light.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2020, 08:51 PM   #2143
Soft Kitty

Your friend would totally understand, I'm sure. Doing something at another time sounds like a lovely idea.

Did you mention the harmful thing to the informal crisis team? I'm so glad and relieved that they were understanding and so proud of you for calling. I hope it helps you feel supported in talking to your CPN and asking for an admission.

Old 27-01-2020, 08:55 PM   #2144
nonperson

I am currently:

I'm also massively proud of you for calling.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2020, 09:15 PM   #2145
tamobhuuta

If hospital hasn't been helpful in the past, could you ask for the crisis team to come home see you regularly for a bit, no phone call necessary?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #2146
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Thank you all. I really hope my CPN phones early, I don't think I should phone her because that's kind of impatient and she might be with other patients. I'm not good at staying in first thing in the morning but I'm staying at home until I get the phone call so I'm definitely able to answer. I don't know what action is for the best with regards to where I go from here, I hope my CPN will know what to do. I'm struggling with every waking moment and don't think extra support in the community would help significantly but if that's what's offered I will of course accept it. Here goes another day.

Old 28-01-2020, 12:54 PM   #2147
Soft Kitty

It's not at all impatient to call, it's very proactive. You need to know what's going on and that's totally okay. Give them a ring xx

Old 28-01-2020, 01:06 PM   #2148
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

If she's at work and she knows I'm waiting on a phone call then she will have either planned a time or won't have any time and if I phone to see if she's there people will be annoyed. She might not even be at work today because it has been snowing and she lives in a really rural area. I don't know how much longer I can wait.

Old 28-01-2020, 01:09 PM   #2149
Soft Kitty

I don't think anyone will be annoyed if you call. At least then you'll know if she's in work today and be able to speak to the duty team if she's not, or pop over to A&E.

Old 28-01-2020, 01:27 PM   #2150
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I phoned and she's on Duty today and is with a patient. I really hope she gets back to me soon, I think I'm giving up.

Old 28-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #2151
Soft Kitty

Well done you xx I very much hope she does get back to you, it's clear that things are critical and serious at the moment. Do you know what you might say? On the small offchance that she doesn't, go to A&E.

Old 28-01-2020, 01:46 PM   #2152
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I will tell her I have a plan. Beyond that I don't know. It depends what time she phones, if she phones. There's no solution to this.

Old 28-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #2153
Soft Kitty

It's nigh on impossible to see a solution when you're in this place. That's okay. Right now you need to focus on getting to safety whether that is via your CPN or via another avenue (A&E?) Go through the motions of getting help even if it doesn't feel worth it.

Old 28-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #2154
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Weirdly she phoned just as I had finished tying my shoes to go out to carry out my plan. I still don't know if she really heard how horrific things are right now though. She wanted to put daily support in place and talk to my psych about meds but I can't travel to the CMHT and I genuinely don't feel like I can cope much longer at home. She is going to see if there is a bed on the ward and phone me back but I don't know if she really understands the seriousness of things. I doubt there will be a bed, it's January. She said I can do this. I don't want to.

Old 28-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #2155
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Update: I'm going to the ward. Don't think I'll be on here much if at all because it feels too small on my phone.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Old 28-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #2156
Soft Kitty

Good luck, I hope things feel better soon xx

Old 28-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #2157
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Good luck lindsay
I hope you can get the support you need and deserve <3

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 04:13 PM   #2158
nonperson

I am currently:

Wishing you good luck and all the best, Lindsay. I really hope it helps. <3

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #2159
tamobhuuta

I'm glad they listened to you and I hope going IP helps x

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 05:13 PM   #2160
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Good luck Lindsey. I hope they’re able to support you and find a way to feel a little better x

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)