RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #61
Twirly Leo

I am currently:

I do not get Skyrim... the obsession and such. ah well.

Click the link!
> Sam The Sheep <
I dare you

TEAM BENEDICT

Twirly Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #62
JDenning
I welcome the reaper

I am currently:

Its just such an in-depth deep game that has a lot of good things about it, deep storyline and its the 5th game i the elder scrolls series, theres a lot of hype, and promises of 300+ hours of gameplay makes it interesting, and its more than a game like Modern warfare or Battlefield games have to offer.

Take me away, I just want out from this self-imprisoned self-made Hell. Don't be surprsed, this is your mind coming to life by self-sacrifice. This tragedy of death will walk hand in hand with every thought of regret. Blame yourself for what you've become. The mind is a powerful thing set to self-destruct.
~I, Dementia - Whitechapel~

JDenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #63
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

I like the Elder Scrolls series (I have Morrowind and Oblivion), but I just never got too excited about Skyrim. I think it's the fact that there's just too much to do in those games. Maybe it's just because I suck or something, but I tend to get distracted by so many things and I just get overwhelmed. It does look amazing though, and I'll almost certainly buy it, but not anytime soon.

The War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #64
JDenning
I welcome the reaper

I am currently:

Ah well i have no life, so being able to play someone else's is nice i like all the side quests and such in it, i love you can never 100% beat the game too.

Take me away, I just want out from this self-imprisoned self-made Hell. Don't be surprsed, this is your mind coming to life by self-sacrifice. This tragedy of death will walk hand in hand with every thought of regret. Blame yourself for what you've become. The mind is a powerful thing set to self-destruct.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #65
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:

I just BETA invite for SWTOR. (:

x

<3

Scrabble. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #66
Soviette

I am currently:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (I know, old..)

I'm 98% through it. Legendary game. Ohh the memories.

Soviette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #67
Isoverity

I am currently:

Playing Dragon Age Origins now. Defense Grid I also play a lot.

Concerning SkyRim - I would never buy a Bethesda game as soon as its released. The games are usually 30 patches away from playable lol. Plus I need walkthroughs on YouTube when I get stuck. The way I see it I can spend a lot to get the game new and full of bugs or I can wait a year and get it cheap, patched, modded and covered in many threads and walkthroughs. I agree with Shakespeare when he wrote "never an early adopted be"

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 01:46 AM   #68
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:

Im downloading an update for skyrim already.
ohemgee.

I am really enjoying the game though. (:

x

<3

Old 14-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #69
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

just started oblivion, i'm hoping i can finish it before payday then get skyrim.

wubalubadubdub

LemonTangWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #70
JDenning
I welcome the reaper

I am currently:

Skyrim is amazing, i love being able to smith my own stuff, i have a full elven set of armor and weapons i smithed and enchanted myself. I feel proud :)

Old 14-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #71
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonTangWang View Post
just started oblivion, i'm hoping i can finish it before payday then get skyrim.
I'm trying to get in an Elder Scrolls mood too, so I downloaded the first game, Arena (which you can get for free from the Elder Scrolls website, though it won't run on modern computers - you'll need to use DOSBox). It's hard to believe that Arena and Oblivion are from the same series... it's like a fantasy version of Doom.

Old 14-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #72
The One Who

I am currently:

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, what are they like? I know it's an RPG, but what is the gameplay like, one RPG is very different from another.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #73
null_n_void
Yes, I'm an avatar now!

I am currently:

Call of duty: Modern Warfare 3

love it with the exception of the Elite service which never F***ing WORKS!

sorry... overkill with the emotion today

‎"Damaged people are dangerous because we know we can survive"

null_n_void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #74
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, what are they like? I know it's an RPG, but what is the gameplay like, one RPG is very different from another.
They're basically first-person RPGs set in a massive world, and I do mean massive - the world in Oblivion is about 16 square miles, and the one in Daggerfall is the standard by which all huge game worlds are set; it's about twice the size of Great Britain and takes two weeks (real-time) to cross on foot.

Anyway, they're kind of a cross between RPGs (get quest, kill monsters, use skills, gain levels, etc.) and first person shooters (point at whatever you want to die and then click on it). It's all in real-time, there's no party (in other words it's just you and maybe a horse), there are dozens of towns, hundreds of dungeons, tens of thousands of NPCs... I dunno, they're just such huge games that they're hard to sum up in a couple of paragraphs. If you're interested the series I'd suggest starting with Oblivion, it's pretty beginner-friendly and great fun. But be prepared to spend several hundred hours playing if you want to do everything - it's all too easy to get distracted from the main quest, and it's much more fun that way.

Old 14-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #75
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifteen Dollar Eagle View Post
They're basically first-person RPGs set in a massive world, and I do mean massive - the world in Oblivion is about 16 square miles, and the one in Daggerfall is the standard by which all huge game worlds are set; it's about twice the size of Great Britain and takes two weeks (real-time) to cross on foot.

Anyway, they're kind of a cross between RPGs (get quest, kill monsters, use skills, gain levels, etc.) and first person shooters (point at whatever you want to die and then click on it). It's all in real-time, there's no party (in other words it's just you and maybe a horse), there are dozens of towns, hundreds of dungeons, tens of thousands of NPCs... I dunno, they're just such huge games that they're hard to sum up in a couple of paragraphs. If you're interested the series I'd suggest starting with Oblivion, it's pretty beginner-friendly and great fun. But be prepared to spend several hundred hours playing if you want to do everything - it's all too easy to get distracted from the main quest, and it's much more fun that way.
Ah, I see. Cheers. So, basically it's like WoW (a game I haven't played but do know about) but offline? Or is it online like WoW? I've heard lots of good things about these games, with the exception of them being made by Bethesda and all that brings with it...

In more related news I have spent my free time playing Shadow of the Colossus. I'm playing the PS2 version, but it (along with ICO) has recently been released on PS3. It's a brilliant little game. I spend most of my time wandering around doing nothing in particular.

Old 14-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #76
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
Ah, I see. Cheers. So, basically it's like WoW (a game I haven't played but do know about) but offline? Or is it online like WoW? I've heard lots of good things about these games, with the exception of them being made by Bethesda and all that brings with it...

In more related news I have spent my free time playing Shadow of the Colossus. I'm playing the PS2 version, but it (along with ICO) has recently been released on PS3. It's a brilliant little game. I spend most of my time wandering around doing nothing in particular.
It's offline, but it isn't really that much like WoW... it's very hard to describe, so maybe watch a video of it online.

And I'd like to state for the record that Shadow of the Colossus may very well be my favourite game of all time. It's definitely in the top 3 anyway.

Old 14-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #77
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifteen Dollar Eagle View Post
It's offline, but it isn't really that much like WoW... it's very hard to describe, so maybe watch a video of it online.

And I'd like to state for the record that Shadow of the Colossus may very well be my favourite game of all time. It's definitely in the top 3 anyway.
Is it much like Fallout, but set in a different environment? I've seen that.

Not many people have heard of either ICO or SotC, and that makes me sad. Both are beautiful games, especially SotC. I've spent so much time just wandering around the land. It also works because I (no idea about anyone else) can feel a great sense of regret at having to kill some of the Colossi.

Old 15-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #78
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

^I can't wait to play that when it arrives on Friday. I am so excited!

Sir Phillip: Veg-a-ta-pal extraordinaire!

Foxtrot Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #79
Dustcake

WoW...Only WoW :3

Dustcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #80
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:

You like WoW then?

x

<3

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)