RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
Pixie-dust

I am currently:
Triggering (SI/OD) - Making me better

So sometimes when i want to self harm instead i use pills but until recently i have never though of it as harming myself i just some times take Paracetamol or anything i can get hold of its started as just taking two whenever i got angry or sad and it seemed to calm me knowing i had them and i felt anxcious when i knew i hadn't had any.Then a started talking more and more like 3 or 4 at a time inbetween a few minor od's (10) im jsut wondering if this could have done something inside of me? i have stopped doing it now kind of but old feeling are coming back and i feel like i need them but i mean i can try and fight it but if it isn't ruining anything inside of me(Which i dont want to do incase i ever get out of this wreck then 5 year later im like nooooo) so does anyone know about any of this and if it is a form of self harm

thanks

Pixie

It is easier to fight for principles than to live up to them.

Pixie-dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
The Midnight Crazies
100% Honesty

I am currently:

I think OD'ing is just another form of self harm like addictions are basically all a form of self harm where you just hurt yourself in a less direct way. About the permanent damage: I can only advice you to talk to a medical professional.

*hugs*

Marte

The Midnight Crazies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
phoenix
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

i would advice seeking help from a doctor who would want to take a blood test for liver and kidney funtions as repeated overdose could lead to damage of these organs.

phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
SugarKane
wants to be the girl with the most cake

I am currently:

Yeah... it takes a surprising small amount of paracetamol to possibly cause damage to your liver. It's not unheard of for people to have OD'd and caused damage to themselves purely by accident in this way. Best thing would be to have a liver function test done as soon as possible really, as even if you have caused some damage there is plenty that can be done to help.

SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
SugarKane
wants to be the girl with the most cake

I am currently:

Also, you might want to consider taking a milk thistle supplement, as this has a good reputation for protecting and possibly even healing the liver :)

SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
sazybel
Me and my little black raincloud

I am currently:

what i was told by the psycologist was that the general amout which could cause damage was more than you've taken but it does affect people differently.

sazybel is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)