RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 14-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
delikatskin

I am currently:
Infection - bruising after cut

A few hours after I cut in one particular area, it starts bruising. It didn't use to bruise, and I don't bruise like this anywhere else. The cuts are very shallow, and it doesn't bleed very much. The bruising is only in the immediate area of the cuts. It isn't tender. I don't usually put pressure on it after I cut. I just apply a bandaid after cleaning the area. Why would I be bruising now? Should I be doing something to prevent the bruising? All my cuts seem to be slow to heal since I've lost some weight. Could that have something to do with the bruising?

D.

"A loveless world is a dead world, and always there comes an hour when one is weary of prisons, of one's work, and of devotion to duty, and all one craves is a loved face, the warmth and wonder of a loving heart." - Albert Camus

3 Hugs Given By :
Old 14-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
Dan
Beyond Repair.

I am currently:

Bruising is where it bleeds underneath the skin, obviously it's not coming out the wound somehow and showing as a bruise?

I'm no first aider, but that'd be my guess.. *Waits on a F/A'er to come correct me*

Take care. xxx

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Old 14-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

Have you lost weight through not eating a lot? Because lack of certain nutrients can cause a lot of problems, including slower healing. Bruising easily can also be caused by a lack of vitaman k amoung other things (first aiders correct me please here). So maybe this has something to do with your diet if it's all happening at the same time as you losing weight.

I get those sometimes too. I tend to find they happen more if i've recently taken anti-inflammatries (like aspirin or ibuprofen), as those are blood things and will mean the blood takes longer to clot.

I'm probably talking crap too, hopefully a first aider will come along. I just wanted to let you know that i have the same thing sometimes.

The world is an interesting place when everyone you know has their own realities

Our scars remind us that the past is real

Old 14-06-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
delikatskin

I am currently:

Well, you did remind me that I had taken some acetaminophen that day to deal with the hangover from the drinking binge that I went on just before I cut. So maybe alcohol played a part in it too.

I am currently underweight and restricting my diet. But I do take a multivitamin every day. I guess I didn't realize how many things might have an impact on my body, in ways aside from their intended use.

"A loveless world is a dead world, and always there comes an hour when one is weary of prisons, of one's work, and of devotion to duty, and all one craves is a loved face, the warmth and wonder of a loving heart." - Albert Camus

Old 14-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #5
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

As mentioned above, brusing can be caused by many reasons. If you are repetiadly damaging the same area, then the lood vessels can become inflammed causing them to bruise easier. Certain factos such as anemia can also cause an increase in bleeding.

My advice would be to make sure that you are eating a healthy balanced diet to help promoe quicker healing. To help mimmise the bruising, you can wrap some ice in a plastic bag and a towel around that. Apply to the area for 10minutes every hour, this should help to get rid of some of the bruising.

It may be worth going to you GP for advice as he may want to run a few tests to make sure there are no under lying reasons for your brusing.

Take care
Kim
First Aid Advisor

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)