RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #61
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

would be pointless to start a book group. there is no interest for that sort of thing around here. Really there isn't. In searching for stuff to do in the community I did find that there had been a local book group, it ran in 2007 for six months before finally ending due to lack of interest.

I'll look in on my local library tomorrow, they have the big community events board. But I guarantee it'll just be the church group coffee morning and an ad for the local panto.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #62
Fry

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel_Good_inc. View Post
At best I could manage a pub once a month. But that's hardly the place to make friends.
Is it really that bad to make friends in pubs?
I've done that before.

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #63
The One Who

I am currently:

Going into something with such a defeatist attitude isn't really the best way. Places change a lot on four years, and there may be more interest for that sort of thing now, especially if run out of the library. It might be an idea just to gauge interest in the idea/s before throwing it out completely. Local clubs do need to really push themselves out there in order to be known. Most people don't know they exist.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #64
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sonic~ View Post
Is it really that bad to make friends in pubs?
I've done that before.
you don't know the kind of people that drink in my local area. They drink in the bars because it's too chilly, or too wet, to sit on the park bench with a can of stella

there is only one club in town that holds a night that caters to my kind of crowd, rock and/or metal music that kind of thing, it's once a month. And of course it's usually pretty noisy and everyone seems to travel in packs. Impossible to really strike up a conversation. I was there last thursday for the halloween night. Couldn't talk to anyone. Had to shout just to make orders at the bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
Going into something with such a defeatist attitude isn't really the best way. Places change a lot on four years, and there may be more interest for that sort of thing now, especially if run out of the library. It might be an idea just to gauge interest in the idea/s before throwing it out completely. Local clubs do need to really push themselves out there in order to be known. Most people don't know they exist.
it's not defeatist. It's realist. I know my local area too well. That's why I wish I could move away. The other side of the county would be a nice start.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #65
Fry

I am currently:

Quote:
you don't know the kind of people that drink in my local area. They drink in the bars because it's too chilly, or too wet, to sit on the park bench with a can of stella

there is only one club in town that holds a night that caters to my kind of crowd, rock and/or metal music that kind of thing, it's once a month. And of course it's usually pretty noisy and everyone seems to travel in packs. Impossible to really strike up a conversation. I was there last thursday for the halloween night. Couldn't talk to anyone. Had to shout just to make orders at the bar.
Oh okay, fair enough.
It's a shame you can't afford to travel to the next nearest place that has a bit of decent nightlife. (And sad that it does eventually boil down to money - or lack thereof. Doesn't make it impossible but certainly difficult.)

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #66
overcome.

I am currently:

I have mixed opinions on this. I don't know really. I've been single now for around three years. I've met some nice people but nobody I've even been on a date with. If I'm completely honest, I think that I've been too wrapped up in myself and my own problems. I can admit that I'd like to meet somebody I'd connect well with, or mainly just relate to generally. Everybody desires companionship after all.

Everything passes, everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.

overcome. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #67
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Feel Good inc, I've never spoken to you before but what you say really resonates - I'm so shy and have huge difficulty in making friends but the one place I've always felt accepted and able to be myself is within Guiding/Scouting. There is almost definitely a Scout group near you and it's again almost definite that they'd be grateful for another helper. From my experience it's so rewarding, great for confidence and self -esteem and the place I've made and kept the most friends. Guiding is my only social activity here at uni at the moment and it keeps me going, though obviously Scouting may be easier for you (Guides do accept male helpers though!) Worth a thought?

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #68
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousPiglet View Post
I'm seriously craving snuggles.
Woe.
*hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by [LavaLamp] View Post
XD Love this song!

I'm back to woe some more about my forever aloneness. I should probably make an actual thread about my issues around relationships, but I'd rather avoid it and just casually demand sympathy here for how forever alone I am.
*dramatic sob*

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #69
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

I am happy alone at night.
I like to stretch out in bed.
and dislike having awkward penguin arm.

...however, i want someone to bring me tea in bed.

DILEMMA.
D:

DILLIGAF

"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #70
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

So you mainly want a slave then Amy?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:20 AM   #71
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Maybe you could buy a penguin onesie Amy, then you can pretend that the penguin arm is deliberate.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Old 02-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #72
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

I actually saw a penguin onesies. ;) I know which one I want though.

and Jen. Not a slave exactly.. more like, a butler. Who will give me hugs when required.

DILLIGAF

- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 AM   #73
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Quote:
I'll look in on my local library tomorrow, they have the big community events board. But I guarantee it'll just be the church group coffee morning and an ad for the local panto.
I read that as 'potato' instead of 'panto' ... TRUE STORY!

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:34 AM   #74
Lolly Land

I am currently:

Youfallinloveyoulose.

Needs to sleep more

Lolly Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #75
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterTrashDoll View Post
I actually saw a penguin onesies. ;) I know which one I want though.

and Jen. Not a slave exactly.. more like, a butler. Who will give me hugs when required.
I see. Then I must leave. But first, I'd like to caress this rusty kettle.
/oh god, this salad fingers tourettes thing is getting bad

Also, where did you see the penguin onesie?!

Old 02-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #76
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Jenna, you keep this up and I'm going to end up watching Salad Fingers, then I will have nightmares and then I will have coffee and then IT WILL END BADLY. =P

A huggy butler is an excellent concept =D

Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #77
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

Jen - PRIMARK.
Yeah!

It had penguin for feet. it was actually amazing.

DILLIGAF

- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:59 AM   #78
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson.Meriwether View Post
Just googled Salad Fingers. It looks good; I must watch it :)
*****ing amazing. Watch. It. I'm gonna put in on on repeat whilst I try to do my statistics coursework.

Have you never actually seen it then Lio?

And thanks Amy, will troll Primark sometime soon! The collection of onesies they had at Westfield Stratford Primark was woeful, but you have reawakened my enthusiasm for onesie shopping in Primark.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:00 AM   #79
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

also, ryl is a ninja- I put an extra vowel in the swearword I just used, and they still blanked it out!

Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 AM   #80
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

I have seen it Jenna, but you know when you haven't seen/done something that is a bit traumatic for a while (like touching cotton wool, shudder) and suddenly you feel compelled to see/do said thing to check if it really was that bad? =P

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)