Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
brokendancer

I am currently:
questions from parents

so my parents think im all peachy keen and better with my meds ect

but i never really stopped cutting, or pulling my hair out

a week or two ago my grandma asked me in a very patronising voice if i had been cutting again, and i just had a go at her

and today my mum asked why my hairline was funny at the back, i just didnt know what to say, i blamed it on hair dye, but she doesnt know that i have ever pulled my hair out.

i dont know what to do, or what to say....

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

brokendancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
Tig

Hey,

It sounds like you are having a tough time at the moment and it can be very frightening when people start to realise that you are not as okay as they might have believed before.

Do you think it might be helpful to be honest with them? If they think everything is okay, they can't offer you any support or help you to change things. Were they supportive in the past?

Take care,
x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

If you feel able to, like Tig said, do you think you could be honest and tell them what's really going on? It's best if you are honest with people, that way people can help you more and get you back on track and help you feel better and get you to a better, more stable place.

It may be scary to admit to others you're actually really struggling, but

What have you got to lose?

Maybe write it down in a letter if that would help more?

x

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
brokendancer

I am currently:

i will loose all my independence if they find out, will start mollycoddling me again, making me eat huge meals that are just too much for me to manage (my family have always had larger portions which i am trying to cut down to loose weight sensibly)

my mum will just go psyco at me, start crying and blaming herself asking me what she did to me and i wont get any support.
my dad is a senior nurse so looks at everything from a medical perspective.

overall, it just not an option to talk to them about it...

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
brokendancer

I am currently:

they are definately getting suspicious again, my dad lifted my hair up to look at what was "red on my neck"

i feel alone and scared and i know that my head is getting louder and louder prob leading to cutting... i dont know what to do, i just cant talk to them

Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

is there anyone else that you could talk to?

i also wonder if you could let your parents know that you aren't feeling real great without letting them know about the harming/pulling. you might be able to get some support that way...

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
brokendancer

I am currently:

there is no way of letting them know really, had a row with my sis tonight and told me mum it was because im stressed and tired....

going back to my student gaf for a few days on sun....am counting down, dont feel too safe here because of my perents, dad has been flying off the handle a lot lately and it doesnt help.

i may or may not be on my own in birmingham (student house), my boyfriend may come to stay for a few days but will spend at least one night on my own, dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)