RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #1481
EmotionallyDead3323
hello...

I am currently:

When I was 13 I was put in a mental hospital for about 4 days and the doctor who checked me in and all that looked at me and after figuring out there's no trauma involved he said "you're too young to be depressed" keep in mind I was already pissed and I was tired so I snapped back "and you're too much of douche to be a doctor. Can I have a qualified doctor?" And refused to say anything else.

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remember to turn on the light <3

~Dumbledore~

EmotionallyDead3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #1482
yoyogirl

I am currently:

That is so so wrong you should of complained he cannot judge you

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #1483
FlyingPeanuts
Hang On to Your IQ

I am currently:

One of my English teachers goes on about how the class does so little work that it makes her want to "slash her wrists". She says it about once a lesson.

FlyingPeanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #1484
Perplex010

I am currently:

Well here's me writing on old threads again, sorry if this is annoying to anyone. I just find this thread interesting too.

My CPN said self harm isn't really a problem but she "guessed she'd have to act" if someone was "gouging their arms out"..nice to know she's sensitive to the matter... Not.

There's also those comments about "oh it's just superficial, never mind then" .. Kind of misses the point I think and it can be triggering to some people feeling unsupported so they want to do it worse and cause themselves serious damage in the process.

Perplex010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #1485
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I don't cut or burn, but during meltdowns I get severe challenging behaviour: throwing myself at walls (and a few times down the stairs), punching myself, tearing at my skin and banging my head against the wall.

I got a comment at uni recently from a student saying "have you been in a fight with someone?" when I was wearing a tshirt. Now I feel I must cover up.

Last edited by Steel Maiden : 26-10-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: missed end tag

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 12:55 AM   #1486
XxDarkenedHeartXx

I am currently:

"You're such an emo, stop being weird".
Had that said to me.

---------------
I wasn’t strong enough
And you didn’t give enough
When I needed you
I needed you

XxDarkenedHeartXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #1487
chopingirl1810

I am currently:

"Shouldn't you be cutting yourself??"

"Please stop doing this or I'll take those blades away"
"Get over this cutting thing"

As if that's so easy to do. I've also had that "you're too intelligent/good" one said to me bunch of times. Glad to know people are so compassionate.

"Mistakes and failures are great teachers. They provide the opportunity to learn and grow stronger, and more capable. The only ones who never fail, are those who never try."

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Thoreau

"I can't rewrite what's already perfect."--Amadeus, the Movie

chopingirl1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #1488
KuttingEdge

"Isn't 'slitting your wrists' supposed to be a girl thing? What's next you go all anorexic because you can't fit into your prom dress, fag?"

To Write Love On Her Arms was briefly popular in my junior high and high school so everyone was saying SH and ED were women's issues caused by sexism and lack of gender equality. My sexuality was already a joke to them and the students' misguided attempt at feminism and mental health awareness made everything so much worse.

KuttingEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #1489
crazychick10793

Said by a psych evaluator in the ER:

"my daughter is 16 and still cuts herself. when do you outgrow that?"

I just kinda stood there with my mouth open.

crazychick10793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:12 PM   #1490
Winterbreeze
Tasha

I am currently:

"Every time you cut, it hurts me ten times more"

"Don't you even care about us?"

"You don't know what you're doing. In ten years, you're going to hate yourself for doing this."

"Nobody is gonna hire you if they see those scars."

"That's gonna keep you out college."

And many, many more.

"When you hit bottom, the only place left to go is up."
~Thateus Thatch (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)

Winterbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:03 PM   #1491
bizibumblebee

I am currently:

I've gotten
"I thought you said you weren't going to do that anymore!" as I was trying to leave a stressful situation and told him I was leaving because I wanted to cut.
"Well I'm not going to help you if you're going to act like that!" from a doctor
"Why do you do that? Don't you realize you're hurting me?"
"When you cut yourself your being abusive to me!"
"Can't you think of anyone but yourself?"
"Just STOP!"
"Think of your children"
"Are you suicidal? Are you suicidal? Are you suicidal?" NO I am just so damn stressed and in emotional pain!

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them ~ Albert Einstein

Worry is an obsession over something that hasn't even happened yet.

You ARE talented, You ARE capable
Uniqueness is your GIFT!

bizibumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #1492
Anony_mousey

I am currently:

Someone who knows i hurt myself said "But your not an emo" and someone who didn't know said "I don't get it people say they feel ugly, then they go and give them self scars and make themselves even uglier. Honestly, such attention seekers". I would just like to say that people who say self harmers are attention seekers don't realise most of the time it's because people can't open up that they do this, it's not a cry of "everyone look at me" it's a cry of "I'm scared, please help". Honestly cannot stand when people say it's to do with attention seeking!

Anony_mousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:28 AM   #1493
Hayleygg123

I am currently:

" you have no reason to cut "
Oh looks like you just gave me one

Hayleygg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #1494
learning.to.be.broken
Socks

I am currently:

My mum said ,after a particularly stressful day right before bed, "I want to leave and never come back ..... I want to top myself" I felt horrible after that it was one hell of a rough night...

learning.to.be.broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:27 AM   #1495
29M

I am currently:

"You don't respect yourself."
"Who want to hang out with a loser who cuts?"
"It's a real problem and I don't think you need it."
-All said by a psychiatrist

29M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:50 AM   #1496
LittleWolf

I am currently:

I've gotten the "Doing that will ruin any chance for this relationship to move forward." Also the "It hurts me even more than you." Those were from my boyfriend.

These came from the family members of mine who currently know of my self-harm. "You're far too intelligent to do that to yourself, and you're definitely intelligent enough to just stop it!" "You're destroying the family with all your teenage drama!" "This will pass, you'll grow up then wake up one day and wonder why you ever did that to yourself." "You can't tell your sister because she doesn't need that stress in her life." "You can't wear short sleeves in public, ever. If anyone saw those *then they pointed accusingly at my many scars* they would freak out, and call Child Protective Services and get you taken away." "Do you WANT to go to Shoal Creek?! (That's the mental hospital in my area.) Because that's where this behavior is leading you!" "You're gonna get us shoving our noses in your business and taking away all of your privacy and privileges if this goes on." "You don't deserve to keep a personal journal, you're going to write something in there about me (my brother, after he revealed to me that he'd stolen the pages from my private journal pertaining to the events in our shared past. He claimed that he had every right to go through it because I was writing about him. It was vent. Yet he took it to be proof that I hated him...)!" There's also... A LOT more. It's just too much to remember x) I didn't even touch the subject of my eating disorder or suicide attempts...

"I push my fingers into my eyes. It's the only thing that slowly stops the aches. If the pain goes on, I'm not gonna make it." ~Slipknot, "Duality"

"You don't need to bother, I don't need to be..." ~Stone Sour, "Bother"

LittleWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 04:17 AM   #1497
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

"you know, if you wanted to kill yourself that's the wrong angle"
"God can help, just pray and he will make them go away" - relating to hallucinations, originally from a GP , then from a co-worker
"why do you do that, there's nothing wrong with you/ you have had a great life"
"the demon cant get to me directly, so it's using you" - on telling my partner that I was struggling to survive in an argument when he's going thru a good (but paranoid) patch

Last edited by Eir : 17-04-2015 at 04:17 AM. Reason: go not go

...I try to outsmart him, but somehow he knows,
Wherever I am, that f***ing dog goes... - Dog, Andy Bull

No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict. - Amenadiel, Lucifer

Why is the path unclear,
When we know hope is near
Understand we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear
~~Margo is my penguin 🐧!!! ~~

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #1498
All things in nature

This isn't a specific excuse, but expressing your anger/frustration in any way, explicitly or not (inappropriate thing to say).

Such as one-word insults, even to yourself

Think that might have happened... but I'm not sure.

Makes you feel like you can't bring the subject up even when you really need to :/

Last edited by All things in nature : 04-05-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: To add example
All things in nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:49 PM   #1499
dk_t

This is from years ago now, but I still think about it. When one of my high school teacher's found out I'd been cutting she said, oh so smugly, 'And does it help?' I said, 'Sure, otherwise why would I do it?' I think she expected me to cry in her arms about how smart she was or something.
Then when I got home my parents had an awkward conversation with me about how I should just talk to them instead but it was ok because 'we've decided not to punish you'......WTF?

dk_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #1500
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

My cousin was moaning about a very long day of work on Facebook. He then wrote "only a hour in and I am considering SHing". I could have killed him and if I could have thought of a cutting remark (no pun intended) I would have replied with one.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)