RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
Anxiety

Last Sunday I felt extremely anxious. Yesterday and today I feel extremely anxious. I cant seem to calm down. I know I should distract but I get too anxious to try distractions. However saying that I made a cake yesterday. Today I am feeling too anxious to decide what to do. I am trying to watch tv but I cant concentrate because of my anxiety.

Normally I would take prn but it expired at the end of last month so darent risk taking it. I do have my cpn coming on Thursday so unless she forgets she will bring more prn. My biggest problem is bringing up the subject of my anxiety. How can I help myself? How can I distract? How do I bring it up with my cpn?

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Old 07-06-2020, 07:22 PM   #2
Auror.
Camden

Could you phone a pharmacist or nurse line to ask if the expired prn you have is safe to take until you can get more?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:48 PM   #3
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I was wondering the same thing ^^^

I wonder, if you find it particularly difficult to explain your anxiety you could write down/say what you wrote here because it sounds perfectly articulate. In the meantime though, did the baking help? I find TV hard when anxious because I'm sitting and not moving my body so I find cleaning more of a distraction because it uses all my senses bar taste plus I'm moving around.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks. I will copy out the post onto a piece of paper (since I dont have a printer). But I was fine last week hence why I didn't phone my cpn on the Monday. I am scared that she will tell me off for not contacting her.

The cake baking helped. I wanted to paint last week but I was too anxious to try. Similarly I wanted to play on the wii but I was too anxious.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 07-06-2020, 10:24 PM   #5
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Just a thought as this has been on my mind lately so could be at the very least adding to it.

It's the anniversary of my friends death on Thursday. Plus it's coming up to the anniversary of my cat's death. I still miss my cat dearly and it will be a year since she got pts. Plus I dont think that lockdown is helping either.

Old 11-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #6
not_so_insig

I am currently:

I spoke to my cpn before and she thought my anxiety was due to the anniversaries of various deaths. She said that she didnt think it was due to me being in crisis especially as my sleep is mostly ok and I haven't harmed myself. She said to see how it goes. She brought more prn and told me to take it if needed. I feel better for offloading to her. Hopefully she will be right and I dont have anxiety this weekend.

I am glad that she didnt tell me to phone an helpline as that's not an option for me. What she said was generally helpful which is good.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #7
Auror.
Camden

I'm glad she was able to help and bring you more PRN!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #8
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks Camden.

I was also given an text helpline too called Shout as I have been ok texting by an mh charity worker. I am not too sure how good it is as I have never used them before so if anyone has I would be interested. I have been texting my friends and Sketchy/Lorraine which is helpful.

Old 23-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #9
sherbet lemon

I am currently:

Just dropping by to say hello and hope things haven't been too bad for u lately x

Old 08-01-2021, 07:59 AM   #10
Areba21

I've recently had this happen! He was with my toddler on the plane. After we landed, he had a complete, uncontrollable breakdown, while everyone was doing the (infuriatingly stupid) stand-up-and-crowd-all-open-space routine waiting to leave the plane, but not moving yet. And we were at the rear of the aircraft. For anything like 10-15 minutes, he yelled. I just began laughing hysterically at one point, and I couldn't help it. Nothing was hilarious. It was just ****ing overwhelming and bad. I was almost ashamed of my son's madness for about a week after that. He's just a boy, I know, but that just stressed me the **** out.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)