RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
~phoenix~
I have become comfortably numb

I am currently:
Triggering (Abuse) - Abuse support directory.

I've been unlucky enough to have to use some of these in the past, so I thought it was only fair I passed this on to others who may need to use it.

Domestic Abuse: Adults who need help (UK links and contacts)

Refuge: Help for people who experiencing domestic abuse, with advice on your rights, the law and how to leave safely. www.refuge.org.uk or telephone 0800 2000 247

Women's Aid: Runs alongside Refuge, and may be able to help if you need to escape violence, in terms of providing access to refuge. http://www.womensaid.org.uk/ or telephone 0800 2000 247.

Hidden Hurt: Includes information from the Freedom Program with regards to recognising the abuse cycle, abuse tactics, the abuser and victim psychology and effects on children www.hiddenhurt.co.uk

Men's Aid: For male victims of domestic abuse www.mensaid.com or phone 0871 223 998

Men's advice line: Again, for male victims www.mensadviceline.org.uk or phone 0808 801 0327

Shelter: For your rights if you are trying to leave an abusive relationship go to www.shelter.org.uk. Contact numbers are available on the website, but I think they vary for different countries.

Domestic Abuse (USA)

National Domestic Violence Helpline: Provides details of the law, how to get help, and contact details. For help, visit www.ndvh.org or phone 1-800-779-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)

Australia

I can't find a specific website, but this number should be able to help: 1-800-811-811

Child Abuse (UK)

NSPCC: Provides information for children who are being abused, as well as adults who fear a child is being abused. Visit www.nspcc.org.uk or contact 0808 800 5000.

Childline: A national freephone helpline for any child who feels they are the victim of abuse or bullying. Contact 0800 1111.

Child Abuse (USA)

Tennyson Centre for Children: Provides information on abuse. Visit http://www.childabuse.org/ or contact Toll Free 877.224.8223

Child Abuse (Australia)

NAPCAN: National Prevention for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect, provides iinformation on warning signs of abuse, and how to help. Visit www.napcan.org.au.Details of your nearest office can be found on the "Contact Us" section of the website.

IN AN EMERGENCY!!!

IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, OR FEAR FOR SOMEONE ELSES SAFETY, CALL THE EMERGENCY SERVICES! THEY CAN HELP A LOT QUICKER THAN THE ORGANISATIONS LISTED ABOVE.

Shine on, you crazy diamond

~phoenix~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)