Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
Icecube. Swirls
Meera :-)

I am currently:
Scared that it's going to start again

Hello,

So as the title says I'm scared that my binge eating habits will start up again. It has been going well up until now but my mum won't be here for a week so I am worried that all my good habits will get forgotten. When my mum comes back she won't be able to cook for a few weeks, which I am scared about as other family members will be cooking for our family (mum,dad, brother and I) but I'm unable to eat anyone else's food apart from my mums as I find other people's food disgusting even my own food which I learnt how to make from my mum I find disgusting.

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 11-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

When you've tried the recipes your mum has suggested, has she tried them too? I'm wondering if she could verify that you'd made pretty much the same as she makes and perhaps finding the food disgusting is a psychological thing rather than an actual taste thing! I know that wouldn't just suddenly make it OK, but it would just need to be approached in a different way.

In terms of managing to eat stuff- has your mum already gone away? If not, perhaps you could ask her to make you something that you could freeze so that a few of the days you'd be able to have a 'safe' meal, reducing the numbers of days you'd have to manage with other food.

Binging-wise, it could help to make sure you have reduced access to potential binge food, and also to make sure you are eating enough meals and snacks, reducing the risk of hunger-related binging.

We’ll find a way to fight it, we always have.
It's not how tragically we suffer but how miraculously we live.

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
Icecube. Swirls
Meera :-)

I am currently:

Yes, my mum has tried the food that I have made and she likes it as well as the rest of my family. It's me who is the only one that thinks that my own food taste disgusting , I can only eat a few spoons of my own food before feeling nauseous.

My mum is home now but unable to cook because of her surgery. She had put food that she has made in to the freezer before leaving for surgery. I have been eating that but soon that will run out, so my aunts will make dinner for us but I find it difficult at eating their food. The only food I'm able to properly have and enjoy is my mum's food. I have brought some ready made food which I will try having.

I like the idea of your tip on not having food in the house which I'm likely to binge on. My dad and I have taken out the food that I normally binge on and have given them to my grandma to look after at her house as her house is not walking distance so I would not be able to go to her house and binge on those foods - she has also hiden them so that I won't know where it is when I go to her house.

I had a bad day a few days ago as I found a food in the house which I normally binge on and ended up binging. I think my mum must have tried hiding it as we will be needing some snacks for visitors when they visit my mum but I ended up finding it.

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

It sounds like it really is a psychological reaction to the food then, rather than any lacking of your cooking skills! Maybe when your mum has recovered from her surgery the two of you could cook something together and see how that tastes for you?

I'm glad it's been helpful to reduce your access to binge foods. Do you want to talk more about the feelings and thoughts that lead to you binging? Perhaps that will help to work towards finding alternate ways of those situations.

We’ll find a way to fight it, we always have.
It's not how tragically we suffer but how miraculously we live.

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)