RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
die in the summertime

I am currently:
ADHD , stories?

Anyone suffer from this? I think I might have it (without the hyperactive ...some call it ADD?) ... it's all very confusing. Some stories from people would be nice...

Last edited by ***** : 15-10-2007 at 08:16 AM.

I read somewhere... how important it is in life
not necessarily to be strong...
but to feel strong.

***** is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 15-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
die in the summertime

I am currently:

Anyone?

I read somewhere... how important it is in life
not necessarily to be strong...
but to feel strong.

***** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
ConcreteAngel

I am currently:

hmmm, well i personally dont have it, but i know someone who does.
he overreacts about things and would run away, and if you tryed to go near him while he was rnning away or something he would go 'come near me and i'll kill myself' putting his hands near his neck.
thats all i can offer im afraid
xxx

ConcreteAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 12:15 AM   #4
Abintra
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

i was told by my doc that i had ADD
as a teenager i was just distracted so school was not so great no i get alot of anxity attacks panic attacks mood swings and i have a anger problem which as leads to a money problem cause i keep breaking my stuff
if there is anything else you want to know pm me

Abintra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
HopeRises

I have ADHD and like Ab intra says, I had problems at school/college with it due to lack of concerntration and hyperactivity. I also had a real short fuse, get tierd because for me to do an essay or something I needed to put in twice the work which then in turn the tierdness made it harder for me to work and it's also a very frustrating disorder and as it can also affect mood and anger and makes it hard to express what your feeling. I actually suffer from the spectrum of ADHD,Dyspraxia and then also dyslexic tendencies.

I found golf helped me (sounds funny I know but my school suggested it) and it kinda trained my concerntration and patientce. Likelyhood is if you do have ADD though hun, is that you've grown up with it undiagnoised which means you've found your own ways to deal with it and so unless its causing major probs now they probably won't treat it with medication.

hope some of this helped.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 03:28 AM   #6
talson

I am currently:

Hey I have ADHD and went through high school with help. Now I am in college and am massively struggling. However, I am currently conducting research and writing a paper on the subject, which is helping me learn more about myself and my behavior.

To get technical, there are several sub-types of ADHD.

ADHD -- Inattentive type is defined by an individual experiencing at least six of the following characteristics:
  1. Fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes
  2. Has difficulty sustaining attention
  3. Does not appear to listen
  4. Struggles to follow through on instructions
  5. Has difficulty with organization
  6. Avoids or dislikes requiring sustained mental effort
  7. Often loses things necessary for tasks
  8. Is easily distracted
  9. Is forgetful in daily activities
ADHD -- Hyperactive/Impulsive type is defined by an individual experiencing six of the following characteristics:
  1. Fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat
  2. Has difficulty remaining seated
  3. Runs about or climbs excessively (in adults may be limited to subjective feelings of restlessness)
  4. Has difficulty engaging in activities quietly
  5. Talks excessively
  6. Blurts out answers before question have been completed
  7. Has difficulty waiting in turn taking situations
  8. Interrupts or intrudes upon others
ADHD -- Combined type is defined by an individual meeting both sets of attention and hyperactive/impulsive criteria.

ADHD -- Not otherwise specified is defined by an individual who demonstrates some characteristics but an insufficient number of symptoms to reach a full diagnosis. These symptoms, however, disrupt everyday life.

Adults often try and shape their lifestyles to compensate their abilities by seeking jobs in fields that: do not require long periods of focused attention, allow them the freedom to move about, do not require close attention to detail, etc. In adults, there are greater problems with stress, which lead to greater expressed emotions.

Other psychiatric disorders, known as comorbidity, are also found in ADHD patients. Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, and Learning Disorders can confuse the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD. These disorders display similar characteristics and can be negatively influenced if the patient is treated for disorders they do not have.

talson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #7
Abintra
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talson View Post
Hey I have ADHD and went through high school with help. Now I am in college and am massively struggling. However, I am currently conducting research and writing a paper on the subject, which is helping me learn more about myself and my behavior.

To get technical, there are several sub-types of ADHD.

ADHD -- Inattentive type is defined by an individual experiencing at least six of the following characteristics:
  1. Fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes
  2. Has difficulty sustaining attention
  3. Does not appear to listen
  4. Struggles to follow through on instructions
  5. Has difficulty with organization
  6. Avoids or dislikes requiring sustained mental effort
  7. Often loses things necessary for tasks
  8. Is easily distracted
  9. Is forgetful in daily activities
i love number 3 how it say does not APPEAR to listen
having add i know that it may seem that way but i also now that most of us tend to take in alot more then others we listen but the remembering part is a little harder
hmm easily distracted in what what i forget what the subject was again potatoes i think

Abintra is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)