Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #1
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:
Struggling with my mood

Everything has felt tough lately.

It's a year since I had an episode but I feel a bit depressed.
Like all my thoughts are negative, I have no energy and Im struggling to find joy.

As some of you know I moved from England to Denmark in March and it has all gone really well: I have a nice place to live in a great city, have a good job and was granted 5 years residency. But I'm really starting to miss home and struggle with my mood.

I have made some great progress with my mental health this last year but I'm worried about this current mood. I feel I should know by now how to help myself but it all just feels a bit pointless because I can't think of what to do to help myself.

I don't really have anyone to talk to about it and as it stands I can't afford to see a therapist or psych because that costs money here and I'm still trying to get on am even keel financially since moving. I've asked about what my gp can offer and there is nothing except therapy I have to pay for.

So basically I need to help myself for the moment till I can afford to talk to someone. I'm just not sure where to start.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
Sketchy

I am currently:

Do you have a friend you could talk to? Sometimes it's good to vent and just let it out. It can make you feel less alone in all this.

I wish I had answers how to make a low mood go away, but I do hope things get better for you. Keep posting here too. You don't have to deal with this alone.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 09:27 PM   #3
Arienette

I am currently:

Have you been exercising at all?

It might feel like the last thing you want to do orbhave an urge to do - and I know it's not the same for everyone but it really is the one thing that can help that I have full control over whether I do it or not. - if that makes sense? My wording is clumsy. Sorry.

It won't solve any problems you're facing but it can help relieve some stress and it can help balance mood.

Will also help with sleep quality. Xx

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 02:12 PM   #4
Entropy

I am currently:

Sorry that you're struggling at the moment. Is there anyone that you can talk to (friend/family member) about how you are feeling. It might help to have someone to just bounce your thoughts off sometimes.
If you are starting to miss home can you spend some time talking or skyping with people you care about from home? Is it possible to plan a visit?
Also I don't know what you do in your free time but do you have any hobbies or interests that help improve your mood? If not is there anything you took part in before you moved that you might be able to find something similar now? Or even a new hobby or activity to try?
I hope you find something that makes you feel a bit better soon

"this is the room where you don't have to be brave"

Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)