RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:
Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Section

I pmed Harley about some ideas I had and he suggested I post here, so here I am :)

Drugs alcohol and addiction are becoming more and more of a problem, so I was thinking we need more information on the main site. These are the things i've brainstormed so far, what does everyone else think?

A-Z of Drugs

The Laws

Guide to using drugs safely
I was thinking tips like keeping hydrated but making sure you dont drink too much etc. It would have to be done carefully, so it doesnt encourage but doesnt just say dont do it.

Drug Related First Aid

Dealing with addiction

Coping with living with an addict

Date-rape and drink spiking help and info

News stories and articles

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Alcohol Induced Altruism
Cheap Beauty

I am currently:

Sounds good - if you need an A-Z of drugs there is one on www.talktofrank.com which is by far the best one I've ever seen - it covers legal drugs used for recreational reasons also.

Hunger only for a taste of justice, hunger only for a world of truth, for all that you have is your soul.
I love BarrelO'Crazy

Alcohol Induced Altruism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
Le Almighty Kitten

To be honest, i would scrap the section on using drugs safely (aside from saying don't share needles etc) because people could abuse the information. For example, if you're taking X and doing Y will stop you becoming ill, someone who was suicidal or wanting to hurt themselves would then see that if they don't do Y or do the opposite then they could die/hurt themselves badly. That make sense?

Date-rape and drink spiking help and info << Very glad to see that'll be getting done. =)

18.11 28.4 6.5 22.31

My heart just needs his smile, that i can't forget, like so melancholy a kiss.

Le Almighty Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #4
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I did a thing on drink spiking for the A & B section which I pm'd Nat with.

Seeing how my disertation was on drink spiking I am happy to change the original article if need's be.

I agree with Shona on the drug safety section and it does make sense :)

The laws would have to be for the main Ryl countries i,e uk, america, aussie land etc. but it could be very useful :)

I think we have some articles being written on living with an alcoholic etc. (I will bring whats being done across when I get home!)

I think an article on drugs and mental health would be highly valuable. It is such a minefield and it is slowly becoming more accepted but people still see it as something that will affect others not them.

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

Groovy, you're probably right about drug saftey :)

I definatly agree with drugs and mental health, good plan :)

Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 AM   #6
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

I think there is a section on substance abuse in our first aid article vault. I will check with Aaron tomorrow, but i'm sure that this could be linkied accross on the main site once we get to put our articles up.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #7
Lewis The Second

FRANK is awful. Sorry to begin my v3 life with such a negative point, but seriously. FRANK is the most useless pile of arse for information in the world.

Erowid is your friend.

Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #8
Pixies Stole My Sanity

I am currently:

I don't think FRANK is too good either. To be honest, the only time I went on that site, was to find out the sugessted price of something >.<

Sarchasm, the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it
'Life is a sexually transmitted disease'

Pixies Stole My Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:24 AM   #9
linder surprise
vs. elvis.

I am currently:

me & my friends look at FRANK when we need some laughs.
it's so stupid.
not helpful at all, i'd say.

&the adverts are really annoying.
"what does that stuff realllly smell like?" eurgh.

take what you love
burn it down.

linder surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:15 AM   #10
sc0tt

I am currently:

I'm curently getting daily News stories and articles sent to my e-mail everyday. I could post some of the intersting ones

Si vis pacem, para bellum

sc0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:52 AM   #11
SugarKane
wants to be the girl with the most cake

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis The Second View Post
FRANK is awful. Sorry to begin my v3 life with such a negative point, but seriously. FRANK is the most useless pile of arse for information in the world.

Erowid is your friend.
beat me to it

www.erowid.org

SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
Lewis The Second

I wasn't sure whether to link because it could be seen as advocating drug use. But even so, at least it enormously encourages safe and responsible drug use.

FRANK adpots a similar, if more child-friendly, attitude, but its piss-weak amount of information (try finding out about anything other than the 'big ten'... phone them up and ask about BZP, and see if they even know what you're talking about) lets it down hugely.

Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #13
SugarKane
wants to be the girl with the most cake

I am currently:

I don't really think that it could be seen as actively advocating drug use, to be honest - it's only providing information in the same way as Wikipedia does, although I guess the 'personal experience' stories might be seen that way, if you were determined to find fault. And they are a good balance between good and bad, as far as I know. Its sheer exhaustive extent of information puts it head and shoulders above anything else out there, and is admirably honest about the fact that humans will and always will take psychoactive substances - tobacco all the way to datura! (man that stuff sounds crazy)

SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #14
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

Thank you, thank you, i've been looking for a better site and this looks perfect :)
Once things have settled down im going to start pushing this part for the main site because I think its really important.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #15
Circle Of Fire

I am currently:

sounds pretty good! It would be a good idea to include some stistics (if you can find them) on both drugs and alchohol (eg amount of heroine addics in the Uk, amount of peopel that consume alchohol on a regulas basis, amount of underage drinkers, ect)

Also if you can find information on the safe amount of units for a person to consume within a week that sort of theng and have it in the saftey section.

Really good luck with getting some more info!

Kerry
xxxx

A bolt of Lightning Splits the Sky,
A MomentBurning then Dims to Die.

Circle Of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)