RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
happiness...its all a lie

I am currently:
should i move in with my bf?

I've been with my boyfriend a year and i feel closer to him than ever before, but i was wondering when the right time is to move in together? How do you know?is a year too soon?

We live an hour apart so one of us would have to relocate. He has a stable job, friends and family all near him. I've been out of work since december but see this as a potential ideal opportunity to start afresh, i only have my mum and brother near me and v few friends. I am happy to move near him. As it isnt that far i would still be able to visit my family etc.

Im just after other peoples experiences and ideas

thanks xx

happiness...its all a lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
Strawberry Xs

I am currently:

Hi

I think if you both feel that you are ready for that commitment then how long you have been together doesn't really matter. But I do wonder how you could contribute to bills etc being out of a job? It could cause a strain early on if he has to pay your share whilst you are looking for work. It might be better to try and secure a job first (near the location that you want to move to, you may have to travel an hour to get there to start with if you relocate) then once you are settled in a job think about getting a place.
A bit short and rambly but hope that helps! x

Strawberry Xs

Strawberry Xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #3

I am currently:

Hi

I wouldnt go unless i had a job to go to but i have inheritance which if i was allowed some to get me set up then once im earning i would be fine. Im 24 and my partner is 26 - neither of us have lived with a bf/gf before as for both of us this is our first proper relationship. I have lived away from home before but he hasnt i loved it and i think he would too. We both want to but i think there is quite a lot of anxiety because of nerves - we talked about it lots and we really do love each other and have our own lives as well so i know it would work as we wouldnt be crowding each other although as i'd be relocating i would need to make new friends which i want to do anyways as im unhappy here and want a fresh start. x

Old 06-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
staceyrawrcakes

I am currently:

I'd just say to do what makes you happy. I'm not trying to put a downer on it or put you off but I'd say to prepare yourself for possibly arguing and stuff.
I used to go and stay with my boyfriend for a month at a time before and we'd never argue that much but now we've moved in together, when we argue, everyone knows about it.
It'll be fun though living with him, just make sure you're sorted with a job or something so it's one less thing to stress out about.
Also, I'd save up a deposit just in case it doesn't work out and you end up having to move out. Nothing worse than it not working out and having to stay in the same house because you can't move out lol.
Good luck!

staceyrawrcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #5

I am currently:

Yeah i expect we would argue-every couple does and we are both aware of that. When we talk about it we know both of us will be working full time so we would only see each other in the evenings etc as like you i go to my boyfriends stay for a month with few arguments but we're together all the time then where as if we were both working then it would be different as we wouldnt crowd each other.
It feels right to me and he says the same. We have both agreed though until i have a job with regular income it wont happen.
He is worried though because he hasnt lived away and i have that he wont cope and wants me to teach him but i said its a learning curve-i had no-one to tell me how to live on my own you just get on and do it really but i think thats the main worry we have but i know he'll be ok xx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)