RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 08:24 PM   #181
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Would your support worker be able to email the centre leader to start the discussion that way if you'd be comfortable with it? Maybe your support worker could mention a few of the main points in the email.

Do you have an idea when you might phone Cruse?

Since you're finding it difficult to concentrate could you figure out shorter time periods to focus on the paperwork over a few days in the week?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:01 PM   #182
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I think my support worker wants to set up an action plan for the next wee while and my centre leader is a part of it since he needs to advise me about how to go about getting the next level of training sorted. One of my colleagues did sympathise with me about how hard it was to get a hold of him and did suggest using email since he seems to reply quicker to that than anything else! I’ll mention it to my support worker when I see her on Friday. I also need to remember to ask her about my diagnosis and stuff, thats important.

I’m going to phone Cruse either tomorrow or when I get back from visiting my dad. I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday via phone so if I forget my GP is usually good at giving me a bollocking.

I do try and do my paperwork over a few nights a week. I have now caught up (woohoo!) but its been easier over the holidays, I’ve not had work or been as tired. Think I’ll ask my support worker for some ideas setting up a routine, any suggestions on either setting it up or sticking to it would be helpful?

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:47 PM   #183
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Have you managed to phone Cruse yet? Did you get on ok with your telephone appointment with your GP?

Well done with catching up with your paperwork. I sometimes find that putting reminders in my phone along with an alarm to alert me to them at a specific time can help me to achieve whatever task I have been reminded about. I am guilty of continually changing the reminder times though but maybe this would work for you. I think rewards are also important, so maybe schedule some time to do paperwork and afterwards take some time to do something you enjoy or treat yourself at the end of the week maybe.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:22 PM   #184
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I phoned Cruse today and they still can't see me for another 2 months, because they count the 6 months from your first appointment rather than when the bereavement happened. I'm a bit pissed off, my partner is looking into some other counselling services but everyone I've spoken to says Cruse is the best when they eventually see you.

GP went ok. He said it was okay to take my meds at night, because I've been falling asleep after taking them in the holidays. It happened every day while I was at my dads, and yesterday too so I needed to get them sorted for going back to work on Monday.

I am looking forward to going back to work, but I'm a bit nervous. I'm scared that the 2 weeks off I've had will mean that I'll go back to being lethargic and unenthusiastic.

I was supposed to see my support worker tomorrow, but she's cancelled my appointment AGAIN. This is the 3rd time in a week - I know I've met my main goal of getting into work but her job doesn't stop there. She's supposed to support me in work for 6 months, but I haven't seen her at all for nearly a month. I want to get cracking with the action plan because it's important that if I'm going to start my training in September, that I apply asap. I need her help to do so, which I have reiterated to her but she doesn't seem to think its a priority.

That's a good idea about a rewards system. I do it with the kids at work, so it would make sense to implement it in my life too. I like making sticker charts, I'll make one for myself. I also like the idea of setting an alarm, I've made a list of everything I'll need to do of an evening when I go back to work so I'm hoping that helps a little bit.

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)