RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
EMO-GIRL

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - Why can't i stop

Why do I keep cutting?? I know that it hurts my family to know.
I just want that release,just to see blood.I can't cry or scream because i hold things inside,and then i cut.I'm only 13 and i'm scared for my life.

Everytime I go to the doctor I get a jacket,a straight one. It makes me feel special because I get to hug myself.

EMO-GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 06-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
Fionas little world
Fudge

I am currently:

Is there something that stands out as a trigger to your self harming? Maybe when you feel it coming on you could find a distraction like phoning someone or drawing or doing something that normally makes you feel better or takes you mind off things.
One of your tasks for yourself could be to try and stop holding things in. When you feel overwhelmed, just let yourself cry or scream into a pillow. It might take a while to let yourself do it but it should work in the end.
Stay safe.
x
Fiona

I swear that I
can go on forever
again.

Fionas little world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
Psiren
Apathetic without the 'A'

I am currently:

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice sweetheart.
Just came to say that I understand what you mean, you just have to try and be strong and fight it.
*hugs*

Psiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #4
Shimmer
nicole

Is there anyone you can talk to? A friend, family member, theripist? Writing in a journal really really helped me and made me feel better, as cliche as it sounds. Even just angry scribbles helped. It sounds like you need an alternative to cutting, and relearn how to deal with your emotions, be able to let yourself cry. I know how you feel, there.

Have you considered snapping an elastic and drawing red ink on your skin? It's a step away from actually cutting, which is a very good thing. Or squeezing ice, hurts but doesn't hurt you. My favorite is/was the 15 minute game, gives me a chance to cool down from whatever just made me want to cut, in 15 minutes I had a choice, let myself, or see if I could go another 15.

PM me if you need/want to chat, hun.

I hope you feel better!

coley. x x x

Shimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #5
xxhappydaysxx

I am currently:

I know what you mean, it is really hard to stop. The advice youve been given is really good, try and find something to distract you when you get the urge to cut, anything that will take your mind off it till it passes.

take care of yourself and im here if you wanna talk anytime xxx

xxhappydaysxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
InsufficientFunds
Je t'aime

I am currently:

The reason you feel the need to keep doing it is because you feel safe and because its addictive because if feels good.
Like the other suggested try something else when you want to cut. Writing, playing my guitar and listening to music.
You could try something besides cutting that you really enjoy, you can always talk to me if you need to or just want to talk to someone.
<33

Hey man, now you're really living.

InsufficientFunds is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)