RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 AM   #121
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

*hugs tight* i wish i had advice, but keep praying and i'll be praying too.
sorry im not more help..

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:52 AM   #122
silentgirl

I am currently:

Hear these words for all christians who self harm and have issues with it when it comes to God:

You can beat it. It has nearly been six weeks since i put a tool to my wrist. You ask, how has she done it? Go for that long and she`s sure to have a relapse! I say NO. Pushing into God, constantly praying, reading the Bible, singing my praises to God with the Christian music that i listen and being in a connect group, where i meet with other female christians around my age and my leader.... i couldnt thank her enough for how much the girls didnt give up on me. When i had given up on myself, i turned to God. Even though, when you dont feel that great within yourself and you have heaps of issues with yourself and the world, for me, always attending church, even when i didnt feel like it, boosted my level of happiness and self worth. My leader has told me that you need to still trust God even when things are bad, its difficult, but not impossible. My life has changed suddenly for the better. Im not saying that everything is all nice and rosy, because it isnt i am still going through hard times, but i have found that putting my 110% faith into Jesus has helped me so much with my life and getting ahold of many different things for me.

If you ever want to talk my msn is cutters_wish@hotmail.com or email dowsett13@hotmail.com ne one is welcome to chat or ask for a prayer or even just a cyber hug or a cyber "i know what it feels like and i am here for you".

god bless

Hannah

silentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #123
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

Amos 5,1-9

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 06:55 AM   #124
risenfromperdition

No title yet...
She tries to discern His will,
He wants the best,
She knows that much,
But how can she ever tell what that is?
What’s He whispering in her ears?
If only she knew.

She’s stuck in between what she’s been,
Who she wants to be.
She knows that with time,
He’ll show her,
In His timing,
No matter how much she wishes it were in hers,
She needs the patience to wait,
Wait down on her knees.

He can deal with her pain,
Her near constant forgetfulness-
Forgetting just how much He sacrificed-
Just for her.
He suffered all the pain she’s suffering and more,
Willingly-
Wanting to help her through it.
She needs to remember that,
He wants her to see that she’s not alone…
Far from it.

There’s a battle for her heart,
She can see the battle,
And yet she can’t seem to get herself out.
She should know His voice through it all,
But somehow it all blends together.
He’s fighting,
Winning even on the days when it seems like He’s lost forever.

Reaching out for her surrendering hands,
He offers peace,
Forgiveness-
No matter how many times she asks.
His hands still show the holes,
His back-
Bears the same scars they have for 2000 years.
He’s scarred,
Just like she is.
He understands,
He gave it all up,
Just to help her,

She’s His precious daughter,
Loved even when she’s feeling unlovable.
Forgiven even when she feels like she’s done too much,
Asked one too many times,
He never gives up on her,
Even when she thinks she’s given up on herself.

His arms are there,
Waiting for her to run straight to them.
She wants to run to hope,
Joy..
Peace,
Love.
He’s waiting…
She just has to let it all go,
Jump out of that boat,
Take that terrifying leap of faith towards a new life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
was watching the skit to lifehouse's Everything- and it really made me think... coupled with all the thinking i've done during break.
i posted this in c/c already, but thought you guys would appreciate it.
god bless,
Heather xx

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 15-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #125
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

hey guys,

The most amazing think happened to me last night.

My friends have a Christian Rock Band and every month they lead an evening service, which basically consists of them, a speaker and prayer. I look forward to it. It is sooo inspirational.

And well it was on last night, and the speak Alrick, (my friend Dave's Dad), he had never met me before, And he has prophesyings and well, he started talking to me and Everything he said was correct. He said that he felt that i felt alone in the world even though i had friends and that what i wanted was love, this is true. He said that right now i was in the desert but that desert would open up into a doorway to happiness and I would be twice as happy as i was before. HE also said that i would help people in the future (I want to be a nurse) and that i would do great work for God. I was crying because what he was saying was true and how could he know, he had never spoken to me or met me before, it was the words of God. God had decided to talk to me through him. And well when we were praying for this guy I saw it, i saw the desert.

And honestly, he spoke to my friend Claire too, also someone he has never met and she was crying too.

I now know that i can beat my ED and SH'ing. That God is there for me. He is there for all of us. We can all do this. : )

And his words will stay with me forever, i haven't stopped replaying them over and over in my head, it was in a room of people but it felt like it was only him and me. He was talking for God.

God Bless you all. God is there for everyone of you.

x x x

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Absi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #126
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

HorseRidinBbe07 - that is a really really good poem, i loved it. You are really talented. Well Done. : )

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 15-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #127
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

^^ I agree!

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 02:56 AM   #128
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Absi- Write the words down and put them in a place where you'll see them when you need them! ....that's amazing!

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #129
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

I wrote them down when i got home after it happened, but my mind was in too much shock, what i wrote there is better i think i shall print it off. : )

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 16-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #130
risenfromperdition

thanks guys <333

Old 17-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #131
Scarletdreamer
.toxic.girl.april.

I am currently:

Hey guys, I'm new to the thread so I hope you don't mind me bopping in.

I've been struggling lately with my faith and SI'ing. I've not cut in over a year, but I've SI'd since then, several times, and I feel quite far from God, even though I know He's not far from me and never will be. And I just don't have the energy to go seek Him. I don't know if that makes sense.

And tonight is bad. Bad bad bad. As in, an SI night. I think I'll be okay, it's just so frustrating that I feel like I've lost all connexion with my God and my faith. Am I speaking nonsense or do you all get what I'm attempting to say?

Prayers would definitely be welcome. Thanks. :)

RYL family: Doikers is my brother
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another! - Anatole France.

Scarletdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 02:41 AM   #132
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

I think I understand...

Try and remember that emotions are fleeting and sometimes make no sense... So whether or not we FEEL close to God isn't that important... Try and find a quiet place where you can just sit still and listen to God... maybe He's trying to tell you something

August 2, 2007

Old 20-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #133
numb
No-looking-back

I am currently:

Hi this is a great thread! Im a Methodist (Christian), my younger sister got really got to me the other day, she said "please stop self harming Sarah, we were told in R.E at school that self harming is a sin and you wont get to heaven, so please stop." It brought a tear to my eyel! Do you think its true? So far I havent stopped.

XXXX

numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #134
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

Sweety, stopping is a very good thing and i don't want to encourage you to continue but i believe that God forgives our sins. God will help you to stop and is always with you. I'm not sure whether i believe that Sh'ing is a sin. Sorry that is probably not much help.

God bless and take care.

x x x

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 20-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #135
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb View Post
Hi this is a great thread! Im a Methodist (Christian), my younger sister got really got to me the other day, she said "please stop self harming Sarah, we were told in R.E at school that self harming is a sin and you wont get to heaven, so please stop." It brought a tear to my eyel! Do you think its true? So far I havent stopped.

XXXX
tough question... For a long time I brushed it off, decided it didn't matter because it's not explicitly mentioned in the bible [for the record, cutting is mentioned. it says "do not cut yourselves for the dead" and there's a story about a demon posessed man cutting himself, and a story about pagans cutting themselves to attract their god, but I mean that it doesn't deal with habitual self-harm as an addiction like we see it today]

My conscience always told me it was wrong, but I ignored it and ran farther away from God... Over the summer a friend helped me to see this...

I was relying on my SI for relief, safety, and happiness... I had all but made my [sharp object] a god... So that's idolatry. Anything we put before God in our hearts is an idol.

And I came across this... "If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple." [1 Cor. 3:17] God loves us and wants what's best for us, so He protects us from anyone who harms us... even ourselves. I don't think it means that God will destroy us [self-injurers], but I think he breaks our hearts so that we come running back to him. [brokenness can be a beautiful thing!]
God has shown that he will do whatever it takes to reclaim his precious creation, even to the point of sacrificing his only son, so although it hurts him to see us hurt, sometimes the only way he can get our attention is through a crisis... [e.g. everyone is telling you you're a bad driver, but you don't believe them; you just keep going your own way until you get into a crash] and Paul said to delight in our suffering, because only when we are truly broken and weak can we fully accept Christ's power and be made strong.

Anyways, I don't believe that you can lose your salvation. All you have to do is ask for forgiveness... He will always be right there waiting to scoop you up in his arms again...

[.... and now i personally feel very convicted... so I'm gonna spend some much need time with god ]

you can definitely pm me if you wanna talk more

August 2, 2007

Old 23-10-2007, 04:50 AM   #136
inherent

I am currently:

I just found this thread today and thought I'd take a chance and post. I've been a Christian all my life but I've only been really active in my church in the last few years. The friends I have there are amazing. Lately though, they aren't enough. I just started SI'ing within the last two months and it's starting to take over. And right now, I just don't care. I went to church on Sunday and felt like such a hypocrite. But I know if I don't go to church I will be well and truly lost. I have never felt so lost in my whole life and I'm afraid of how bad it might get.

Why can't you see who I am inside?

inherent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 07:10 AM   #137
risenfromperdition

numb: as salanna and absi have both said, it is a sin, and god does forgive our sins... but that doesnt mean He wants you to do it. he wants us to come to him, and he'll always be waiting, but you can't stop for anyone but yourself. please try to talk to someone, be it a pastor, friend, youth leader- but it is definitely helpful to have a strong Christian to talk to about things, i know that through personal experience. So to sum it up, God forgives us for anything.. but he wants us to get help and turn to him. please try to take care. god bless, ~Heather (and as casting crowns says- 'you know just how far the east is from the west... from one scarred hand to the other'

inherent: please... try to get out now. the longer you go... the harder it is to stop. you're in my prayers, and maybe try speaking to one of your youth leaders or something about why you've started si'ing. it's not going to be easy to beat... but like any addiction- it'll be so much harder the longer you wait. and i know how bad it feels to feel like a hypocrite- i reccommend listening to 'Stained Glass Masquerade' by casting crowns if you're feeling like that- it basically says 'the people of the church feel like they need to pretend to be perfect to go- but god takes us as we are- broken and weak as we are.' and you're NOT the only Christian feeling like it- most people do. everyone has sin, no one is perfect. take care, and god bless xx

that being said... i need prayers that i can be honest with my counselor and figure out what God's plans are for my life... cause i'm thinking of taking a semester off for j-term and maybe spring semester and doing an ip ed program... but i have to decide soon and i've been praying about it... but i'm still no closer to an answer. so prayers for wisdom, openness, and just peace in this battle between (to quote casting crowns AGAIN- 'who i am and who i used to be... who i was and who you're making me')

god bless, love you all *new poems in c/c*
xx
Heather

Old 23-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #138
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

Heather you are in my prayers as is everyone else who needs help.

God bless you all.

Take care.

Abi x x x

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 23-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #139
suicidal~lullaby
slowly finding my way....

I am currently:

can people pray for my friend who is in military school.. i love him so much, hes like a borhter to me. and him not being herer this year kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. please pray for him

{CDT&CLT forever- December 9th 2011}
RYL Family: crazykat is my stalker, trailsofpain is my guard dog, tonightXweXfall is my psycho mouse, Red is my irkin invader, Mechangel is my muffin thief, rageagainstthemachine is my beloved sister, DeadIrishD is my banana cream pie, scaredofme is my cheesecake of perpetual lovelyness, binkydonkey is my pie

suicidal~lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #140
fragiledollface
Dead inside

I am currently:
I am Ellie

Don't know where to begin. I want to take part of this Christian thread but it feels a little too hard. I mean, after all I've done. The times I've had and spent as a Satanist, the days and nights I gave ignorance to God and Jesus, and not to mention, the many times I've blasphemed, I feel like I will be unforgiven. But that was four years ago. I want to go back to the night of October 27, 2003 just for a little bit so you can understand what happened that completely changed me. I wasn't a pretty good girl for a long time. Spent days hurting myself and others and getting hurt by others. It wasn't simple. 3:30 in the afternoon and I arrive home from school in tears. A few days ago dad had gotten out of the hospital, alive and still I wasn't alright. I can't live without my father. Neither was I going to live without whom I was in love with at the time. I wasn't happy. As a Satanist like I was back then I was not going to be happy. I was doing the Devil's work by hurting. Wasn't enough pain the one that the Devil and everyone else was giving me to do what I was doing? I had to get away that day. All I wanted to do is DIE! Yes, I was just so ready or so I thought. The moment dad took me to the hospital with 100 pills in my system and 2 slashes across my darn wrists I thought "This is it. I'm going to die here." I was DEAD WRONG! A guy in X-Rays began praying with me and I was almost asleep when I felt this warmth around me. I saw something that I've never seen before. I thought I was watching my life flash infront of my eyes but no again. I saw a man in white walk towards me. He was so hurt too and I took simpathy. I haven't been simpathetic in a long time before that time. All he said was "when you hurt, I hurt." and that just did it. I knew who He was and I stopped. That was the moment I knew I was being saved. Long story short, this Saturday I will be 4 years old Spiritually and I can only thanks one person. Jesus.

That's me. A recovered cutter, recover Satanist and a girl who has found salvation at the moment she thought she wouldn't be saved. I'm here and glad to be.

Ellie <3

fragiledollface is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)