RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Crazy Cat Lady

I am currently:
Tomorrow

Hi,

I'm seeing my new Psychologist tomorrow (seen her two times; first two sessions were an assessment)

She knows traumatic things have happened and knows I have PTSD, among other mental health complications.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to try and vocally talk about the past tomorrow. I know I won't be able to go into details as that may take a while but I think I'm going to have to admit to her what's happened in the past.

I'm really scared, really really scared.

I tried to speak to my old therapist about the past and felt extremely suicidal and low.

I hope I will be able to deal with it?
Do you think it will make me feel better if I admit it to her vocally? She asked me whether she can "guess" what happened, I said no, not yet. She understood. I know I'm going to have to open up. I think not having spoken about it properly has caused me to be unwell for so long.

Thanks for reading x

Crazy Cat Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 19-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
PeachyK
Katie

I am currently:

I know I'm a little late, but you could preface what you're going to say by saying something along the lines of "It brings up a lot of raw emotion when I talk about this, and I've stuffed it down and ignored it for so long that bringing it all out might cause a meltdown of sorts". Or something similar.

But it's good to get it out! An old therapist of my mum's explained it this way: Think of a santa bag. And think of each toy as a worry or a problem. If you keep stuffing the santa bag with toys, they all can't fit, and eventually it will bust at the seams. So you have to take out one toy at a time, work on it, put it somewhere else. Take out another one, focus on that, put it somewhere else, etc.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

PeachyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)