Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #5061
Fred!
Jesus loves me, however much I don't <3

I am currently:

I don't even know how to put what is going on and how I feel in words...

Death is one moment, and life is so many of them.

Don't look forward to the day you stop suffering, because when it comes you'll know you're dead.

~ Tennessee Williams

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad,
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

I'm actually a girl. My nickname was given by a friend and stuck ;)

Fred! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #5062
Iamala

I am currently:

It's hard I know- but God is fighting for us- you have to remember that whatever happens He is with us and loving us with all His heart. It's hard to understand things. I've found it's easier if I try not to understand and just accept what I'm going through. -In a childish way, sometimes I think of all those stories where the hero has to go through trials that almost break him- but he carries on because deep down it is the right think to do. They kind of remind me of Jesus. Whatever suffering we have to go through will be for a purpose one day, whatever things try to pull us down God is always there loving us and willing us to defeat it. Some people say we are never sent anything we can't handle. I don't know about that but I think when God sees us suffering He gives us the grace and strength to survive because He can't bear to see us hurt. I know it's hard but be strong and trust He is there for you. If you ever need to talk I'm here. <3

Iamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #5063
Fred!
Jesus loves me, however much I don't &lt;3

I am currently:

I have heard that about God not sending us more than we can handle, I usually believe it but it's really difficult atm.

Don't look forward to the day you stop suffering, because when it comes you'll know you're dead.

~ Tennessee Williams

Old 25-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #5064
Iamala

I am currently:

I know it's difficult and I wish there was a magic solution, but I guess if we just keep plodding onwards we'll get there. -Have you ever read the Narnia books? I always find they just comfort me some what. Like in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, there's a bit where Lucy prays for help in the darkness and it says that help comes, it doesn't make the darkness any less, but it helps them through it.

Old 25-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #5065
Fred!

I am currently:

yer, I read the books... I'm currently doing an Internship working in a church, it's crazy that I feel so alone and far from God atm, but that's just how it it right now.

~ Tennessee Williams

Old 26-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #5066
Iamala

I am currently:

I think you just have to be patient I'm afraid. But I'm praying for you. :)

Old 26-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #5067
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

I struggle too with the passage that God will not test us more than we can bear and will provide a way out that we can endure. To me, that way out is suicide but that can't really what that means. I can't see any other way to endure things though.

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #5068
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Going to church this morning and determined to stay for the full service. One of the guys who is supporting our alpha course is getting baptised today, will be interesting to hear his testimony.

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

Old 27-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #5069
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

I managed to stay again and I feel blessed for having heard the testimonies of those who got baptised.

One thing that did bother me was that I found myself trying not to cry during the final worship song. I don't know why.

Also the psych that sectioned me and had me transferred to a PICU earlier this year was there :(

Old 27-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #5070
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

im so glad that church was so meaningful to you today. :)

i think that maybe the little addition that that passage sorta implies is that God won't give you anything that you can't handle with His or other people's help.... as opposed to anything that you can handle on your own. thats an awfully big difference...

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #5071
givemethismoment

I am currently:

hey guys, I'm just jumping into this thread because I haven't seen it before!!

I'm Christian. I was raised Mormon, but have majorly drifted away from that church in the last few years. I'm gay, and they did not take well to that at all. My sexuality is a huge part of the reason I began SI in the first place. I hated myself and I hated that I couldn't change it.

Now, I've learned to accept that part of who I am. I've regained my faith and chosen to step away from the church and make my beliefs a private relationship with God rather than following this religion. I hope that makes sense?

Basically, since I started SI again (about a month ago, after stopping for almost a year) this time I really believe God is with me. Last time, I felt alone. Like either he had turned his back on me or he didn't exist. My faith is still not 100%, though I wish it was. But it is there, and I am trying. I have chosen to live by two beliefs, that everything happens for a reason, and that God will not present us with a trial that he doesn't believe we can handle. Whether it's true or not, the second one has stopped me when I was moments away from suicide. Things are much easier since embracing that.

Sorry for the rambling. I'm excited to get involved in this thread. It's exactly the kind of place I needed :)

~ Megan
"Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger."

givemethismoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #5072
marshki
Florocking with the fairies

I am currently:

Ooo i've just seen this thread, and can i tag along too?
I'm a christian, and lead a children's sunday school group, but the kids i think have figured out what i do, (they've seen some of the scars etc...) so not so good, however its would be good to get to know some other christians :D

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be, As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists, however i still can't eat butter :)

marshki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #5073
Fred!

I am currently:

hey givemethismoment and marshki, welcome to the Christian thread, glad you found us :D The people here are amazing, and are really supportive and loving, so just... ya know... make yourselves at home :D

Do you read the Bible givemethismoment? It's really good for encouragement, especially the New Testament. I'm not sure how the church of Mormon differs from what I believe, so I can't really help you there, unless you have a specific question about what I believe, and if you do, I am happy to answer it, ask on here, or feel free to PM me if you like :D

marshki - how old are the children you work with? If they are quite young (Primary school age), chances are they will forget and move on, or will ask you outright, that's just how children are. If they are older (high school age), then if they bring it up, you could tell them that it's an old part of your life and answer questions as truthfully as you can, but try to bring the subject back round to the topic of discussion you are focusing on in the session. If you have older children and the topic one week is SH, it might be best to speak to someone else about coming and leading the session.
The children I work with (aged 11-14) know that someone in the church has a type of SH (I can't remember what it's called) and they just sort of accept that, and accept that some people have problems like that.
It's obviously important to keep an eye on children and if you think they might be harming themselves, tell someone, maybe a parent, or someone else who works with them in church, and see if they feel the same, and if they do, it's probably best to try and get help for the child, the sooner it's stopped, the better.

Anyway, hope you are both ok... I spose I have gone on a lot. :|

Mary

~ Tennessee Williams

Old 29-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #5074
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Evening all. I'm really struggling with the prospect of rejection in the pre-treatment stage of dbt. I can't manage the next 4 weeks of such a possibility without majorly harming myself. I need God but feel like he is testing me too much. Surely he can give me this one break? Sorry, really struggling.

Welcome to givemethismoment and marshki :)

Old 03-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #5075
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

I'm really struggling right now and was wondering if I could have people pray that I manage to stay safe.
Thanks
x

Old 04-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #5076
Fred!

I am currently:

Hey, of course hun. I hope you have a really good week. :)

~ Tennessee Williams

Old 04-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #5077
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Thanks Marydaisy. I've hibernated today and didn't make it to church. On the up side, started a good book by Rob Parsons.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #5078
freelyXfighting

I am currently:

wow! all the years i have been on this site i never knew this page was here! an the amount of people that SI and are Christian. I'm overwhelmed! i have always felt really guilty and like I'm betraying God when i SI.
God is amazing and my love for him is huge. He has given my the strength to cope with the things that the devil has thrown at me, and has carried me through it all. so glad i have found this thread! x x x

freelyXfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #5079
Fred!

I am currently:

Hibernation days are cool :)

welcome to the Christian thread :D I was shocked when I found out how many Christians SI. I thought I was pretty much alone in that. I found out in uni that a couple of Christian friends do it. Then i found this site n realised there are so many more Christians who SI. It was kida shocking. But good because I felt like maybe Im not such a bad Christian then...

~ Tennessee Williams

Old 05-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #5080
Fred!

I am currently:

Ok, On sunday, I am teaching in Sunday School, the 11-14 year olds. I was thinking about doing a quiz thing like QI's General Ignorance.

Here are the questions I am thinking of so far:

What animals were in the 'stable' where Jesus was born?

How many wise men/magi visited the stable?

How many shepherds visited the stable?

What gifts was Jesus given?

They would have to give answers that are backed up by the Bible. I would get them to answer the Qs and then collect in the sheets of questions and give the children Bibles and a question number to find the answer to the question in the Bible. Then give them a sheet from another child to mark.

I just need a few more questions... So if you have any ideas, that would be awesome :)

~ Tennessee Williams

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)