Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
havealittlefaith

I am currently:
rape counseling

Hey guys ,

I'm due to go to my assessment on the 25th I'm petrified of the idea of talking about these 2 events and but I need to deal with them I was just wonderin if any one has been what's it likes to talk and how it makes you feel

i won't ever give up on you xx

havealittlefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I've not been in that situation myself, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck for your assessment. I hope it isn't too painful.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I've spoken in detail ban out the rape to the police. It was hard butt hey let me have breaks and go at my own pace. Maybe take something with you that is grounding and safe to make you feel more at ease.
It's going to be hard but remember you're talking about past events - you survived it

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

"You survived it" as J has said above, that's important to remember.

I have been to counseling and I found it immensely useful like nothing else. It's helped to address a lot of the concerns I had that really are quite common to a rape counsellor so they know how to help you with it. Sometimes I take a bear along or a blanket to sit under as I find them comforting. If you have anything like that you find comforting it might be good to bring it along.

Is it a general counselor or a rape counselor you are seeing?

I wish you all the best. Remember we are here to help you too x
Rape counseling isn't easy but, at least for me, it has been so helpful. i hope it is for you too.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #5
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

I'm seeing a rape counselor i know cuz it's the initial first assessment I will be asked lots of questions and I gave to deal with the stuff with baileys dad and the stuff from the night in nov when everyone thinks I was date raped by those strangers and its hard they all go off 2 incidents and 2 seperate cases got off and I wonder if the way I freak out around men and always look at he worst and have my guard up and come across as rude and am always afraid will ever change my app tenant support worker is attending I have only ever met her once twice on Thursday morning as I also have a house meeting with her thanks

Old 22-09-2014, 03:56 AM   #6
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

Sorry to post again straight underneath it's okay if no reads or knows what to say I got mine and the gf tigger toy and it's sprayed with perfume I'm going to try carrying it on me this week as in very anxious I hope it works

Does anyone know how long after you has the assessment u till your start proper ?

Old 22-09-2014, 04:44 AM   #7
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I don't know about the assessment I'm sorry as I'm on a different country but the toy is a good idea xx

Remember you can go as slow as you need when talking about what happened, they know it is hard

Old 27-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #8
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

The wait to find out if I'm gonna be accepted is so hard Cuz I just want to move forward

Old 05-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
Lindsey

Hi,

I'm not sure where you're from but I'll explain exactly how it went for me when I went. I'm going back tomorrow and I'm scared so I'm partly reassuring myself.

I went into a room with a woman who introduced herself and asked why I decided to seek help. She didn't ask me what had happened- I volunteered the information. She talked about the services the rape crisis centre offer and I think I was in for around half an hour.

Unfortunately it didn't go very well for me. It is meant to be a four week wait until you see someone but it was over three months. I enquired about why there was a delay and never got a response. I asked again and after a while the woman replying to my emails said something like "oh ill just take you on myself then". This made me feel like I was an inconvenience, forgotten about and undeserving of their help. My session with her was ok but I contacted her afterwards to cancel my next appointment and decline further support.

It is now a year later and I have tried a generic counsellor but struggled hugely and didnt make it past the first appointment. I was assigned a male counsellor and couldn't divulge what I needed to and it was just awful. So I contacted RCC again and I've to go in tomorrow. I'm trying to remind myself:

- they know straight away why I'm there.
- there is no pressure to give all the details immediately.
- probably everyone that goes is as terrified as I am.

Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #10
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

I jsr been told I'm on the waiting list out could ne anywhere from 3_6 months x

Old 07-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

How are you feeling about being accepted?
I hope you get seen sooner rather than later xx

Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #12
Lindsey

That's quite a long time, have they offered you anything in the meantime? phone or email support?

Old 07-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #13
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

Nope just a piece of paper with help line numbers but
I don't do calling x

How did your one go x

Old 07-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #14
ajrocks

I am currently:

Can I ask where you are in the world? As where I am the Rcrisis Centre is a year wait at the moment and so is another one in my area as i've just been put on it. i'm glad you are on the road to getting seen anyway.let us know how it goes x

"And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off."

"What others think of me is none of my business".

ajrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #15
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

I'm in the uk london I have asked to go to one specific centre so it will take me slightly longer but I feel comfortable at thAt one x

Old 08-10-2014, 12:25 AM   #16
ajrocks

I am currently:

ah ok i see i'm down south so my closest is portsmouth that apparently seem to have the longest list ever!-they really need more of these places for people to get seen when they are actually feeling brave enough and not 3 months or up to a year later! keep hopeful you may be seen sooner then you think take care x

"And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off."

"What others think of me is none of my business".

ajrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #17
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

^ Such a good point!

Remember you can keep posting here for support in the meantime, and email supporters. Some helpline services also have online chats so you could investigate if there are any of those in the UK.
Proud of you x

Old 11-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #18
Lindsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_run_with_scissors_x View Post
Nope just a piece of paper with help line numbers but
I don't do calling x

How did your one go x
Surprisingly well. I had an assessment with the same person that did my initial appointment last year. I explained how terrible I'm feeling and how waiting lists etc are getting me down..she agreed to see me herself. We gel really well together and she let me skip the queue and have my first appointment in one week rather than three months. I feel very very lucky.

Rape crisis offer an email support service which i find excellent.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)