RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-02-2018, 08:03 PM   #201
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

So far the Man warned you about poison many times, yet you still aren't poisoned. Don't you think he is just a big liar and he is just trying to scare you?

Please, keep eating. I know you can do it. It's all going to be okay.

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #202
tamobhuuta

Thanks for that. I ate so much today! Still not the recommended amount but more than I have been.

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #203
tamobhuuta

Please help!

I saw my psych today. He asked me about my eating. I was honest. He asked me what my BMI is and I told him an estimate. He didn't have a problem with it. Why do my family want me to eat more???

Old 15-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #204
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

Two things there lovely - you gave him an estimate and as you are genuinely struggling with eating then there might have been a part of that could have nudged that up to avoid more scrutiny on your eating which I know you find difficult.

I don't think we can actually comment on what the psychiatrist said and what he might mean. We don't know the detailed context of your care or the actual context of the meeting and what was said. In fact even if we did we wouldn't be qualified to comment

However what I can hear is that something in his reaction made you uncertain why people are asking you to eat more so my suggestions are, you could ask your psychiatrist for confirmation about what he meant and/or ask your friends and family for more clarification about why they're asking you to eat more.

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 07:07 PM   #205
tamobhuuta

My mum has been on google and is worried about me suddenly collapsing or dying, but I am a healthy bmi.

Old 19-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #206
tamobhuuta

My head is a mess. The Man is telling me my food is poison, all of it, and my family want to hurt and control me. He says I need to stop eating and my mum says my eating is disordered. I had a chocolatey snack to please her. I used to love chocolate but the Man went MENTAL. I can't cope.

Old 19-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #207
Sketchy

I am currently:

Don’t listen to the man. Listen to your mum and your team. Could you speak to your team about the man? Maybe they can help.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #208
tamobhuuta

Today was a bit better. I haven't really eaten healthily but ate a bit more and feel in control. Have agreed with L how much I am having for dinner and my family won't bug me. I am hoping the Man will be OK with that.

Old 24-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #209
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

How are you getting on food-wise now? Is L able to reassure you about food not being poisoned etc?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #210
tamobhuuta

I start off trying to eat a sensible amount but my head goes MENTAL the more I eat.

Old 26-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #211
tamobhuuta

Why is eating so hard? My cpn was off sick today. Yesterday I succeeded in eating less which felt great but at the same time I felt bad for lying to my family. I don't know what I want...

Old 28-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #212
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

It can be confusing not knowing what you want and being pulled in different directions by your mind. Maybe you could try to make a pros and cons list of becoming trapped in an eating disorder, to help you try to decide what you want.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #213
tamobhuuta

My cpn is off right now so I will ask here, what are the pros and cons?

I ate too much today. I feel bad but also quite pleased because I ignored the Man. How do I stay in control??

Last edited by tamobhuuta : 06-03-2018 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #214
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Pros
Feeling temporarily in control

Cons
Losing control.
Never feeling like you've lost enough weight.
Simultaneously passing out all over the shop and feeling like you're 'not ill enough'.
Feeling tired and drained.
Not being able to enjoy your favourite treats.
Missing out on social gatherings because food.
Having to think about food all the damn time yet not actually getting to eat it.
People worrying.
Getting into arguments with people who are clearly right but your eating disorder tells you to ignore the logic and argue the toss anyway.
Not having enough energy to fuel your brain to fight hard against the other difficulties you face.
Spending time thinking about food/counting/purging/wandering aimlessly around supermarkets working out what you will allow yourself to eat when you could be doing approx 100 better things with your time.
Forgetting all the great things about yourself because all you see is your eating disorder.
Forgetting that your worth is so so so much more than what you weigh.
Having to go to hospital.
Dying.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:57 PM   #215
tamobhuuta

Thank you. I am going to put all those reasons somewhere I can see them and be reminded. Thank you so much! X

Old 10-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #216
tamobhuuta

I. Can't. Do. This. I am hungry but a) I need to stay in control and b) it might be poison.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #217
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I hope you managed to eat something. Try to keep remembering that every single time the man has said that your food is poisoned, you have been just fine and it turned out that he was lying.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)