RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-12-2020, 03:54 AM   #1
Sherry_xill

I am currently:
Need some encouragement

Hi to anyone who may read this...
I am feeling really discouraged and lonely right now. Have had a downward spiral of a day. I struggle with self harm as a coping mechanism to deal with a lot of pain and hurt trapped inside. I've been trying hard to work on recovering and getting myself better, I talk to a therapist and am trying to change my thought processes and use other, safer coping strategies. But sometimes I fail. Even though I honestly think I'm giving it my best effort. I'm so exhausted. So exhausted of trying to pull myself back up and convince myself that I matter. But I don't have much credibility with myself, you know what I mean? I'm having a hard time believing I have value or there's a point to any of this if it's only my own half-hearted hollow voice echoing inside my head. So if anyone has any encouragement to offer, I could really use it. I've never reached out on a forum like this before. Maybe if someone else has mentally been in this place and found a way to truly feel valuable, it would be encouraging to hear how.

Sherry_xill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:23 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hello, welcome to RYL.

Sorry you're struggling a lot at the moment. I'm glad you're seeing a therapist, as seeking help is what I would have suggested first! seems like you're working hard in therapy and hopefully seeing some benefits?

What does 'having value' mean to you- do you make value judgements on other people or is this mainly just targeted at yourself?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
mefkween

I am currently:

try to think past the now , focus on what you can or want to achieve , and find comfort in yourself , the more you love yourself the less lonely you feel , well at least thats how it is for me , try a guided meditation about self love and acceptance they have them all over youtube :) or try to get to the bottom of your feelings . really dig deep and try to understand WHY you feel this way , dont bottle your emotions up , if you need to scream , scream ! if you need to cry , cry ! ask yourself : why do i feel like this ? remember your feelings are always valid !! lmk if you ever need more advice :)

mefkween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #4
Sherry_xill

I am currently:

Thank you both for your words and your advice.

With the having value part, I was targeting myself. Referring to having a role/purpose to my life and, in addition to that, accomplishing it/fulfilling it. Oftentimes it feels like I'm not making much headway, not really accomplishing anything to help others and that's when I struggle most to believe I have value.

Old 23-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #5
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

You have value just by existing.

Do you have something in mind in terms of a direction you'd like your life to go in?

Old 04-01-2021, 11:19 PM   #6
Sherry_xill

I am currently:

I think I do okay in terms of being a contributing member of society. But what I really care about, what I want more than anything is to start a family and be a parent. And I get very discouraged because I can't seem to make any progress towards that goal. Relationships don't last very long, I seem to self-sabotage any that are remotely successful. I suppose I'm afraid that I either don't know how to love or how to accept love. And if I can't manage having a partner, how can I even think about having a family? These thoughts can be both very depressing at times and very distressing at other times.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:20 PM   #7
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Ah, relationships, such a tricky one! There's so much luck involved in finding the right person. Which makes it very annoying but also means it's a really bad thing to use to make value judgements on yourself!

Have you talked to your therapist about the self-sabotage that seems to happen? I guess identifying that it happens is the first step to managing it!

Last edited by Pi.R^2 : 05-01-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)