RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #1
[Luna]

Health issues and managing pain

I've finally been talking to my GP about symptoms I've been having for a long time (years), some of which seem to be getting worse.

My wife spoke to the doctor the other week and the possibility that I may have CFS/ME was discussed. My doctor sent me for lots of blood tests. I'm waiting on results. My GP has been off this week so won't get to talk to her until wednesday.

I'm struggling physically at the moment. I get so exhausted - I feel groggy that I can barely think and my thoughts/speech become scrambled. My body feels like a dead weight. I spent thursday and yesterday barely able to get up from the sofa.

I'm in so much pain. A lot of the pain I'm used but I keep having this burning pain in my arms and legs that is steadily getting worse. It's like someone is stabbing me with hot needles. I think it's likely to be nerve pain but I have no idea what to do to ease it. My skin feels so sensitive, I'm wearing a jumper today and having the material brush again my skin is painful.

I don't know if anyone has any tips on how ease nerve pain? At least until I can speak to my GP.

Thank you x

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Sorry you didn't get any responses to this! Were you able to speak to your GP? I hope she was able to offer something helpful. Pain management clinics are a thing I think, so maybe you could be referred to one of those?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)