RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
**kleechy**

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - what does everyone think ??

this is about a girl i know , i was in hospital with her i feel so bad for her being locked i didnt know about this !! 6 weeks has turned into a indetermate section in hospital!!

look what does every one think

Jail for ill woman

From the archive, first published Monday 28th Nov 2005.
A DEAF and mentally ill woman was jailed for six weeks for pulling a knife out of her trouser pocket in Warrington Hospital.
Louise Warren turned up at the A&E department with superficial cuts on her forearms and intimated she had taken tablets.
She became agitated and aggressive and pulled out the kitchen knife, and she was eventually restrained by police officers after she had been persuaded to drop the weapon by a security officer.
The 25-year-old from Banks Crescent, in Westy, was sentenced at Warrington Crown Court on Friday after admitting charges of affray and possessing an offensive weapon in public.
Warren posed a sentencing problem for the court.
She has received conditional discharges for three previous convictions, including sending a threatening article in the post, but she has kept re-offending.
Her profound deafness makes her unsuitable for community penalties and she refused to see a psychiatrist about her mental illness.
Her defence counsel, Jonathon Clarke, asked for a suspended jail sentence or another conditional discharge.
But Judge David Hale told Warren: "You leave me with no alternative because this is an offence punishable by imprisonment.
"I would gladly have considered some form of therapeutic order if you had co-operated but as you haven't I have not option but to send you to jail."
Archive Home
From the archive
http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk
© Newsquest Media Group 2005

THE COUNCIL LEFT ME A TOY TO PLAY WITH :D

**kleechy** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
Lyn

I am currently:

Putting her in jail is the worst thing they could have done. I'm sorry, but that judge has either no idea or is completly stupid. What good will it do to put her in jail, and if she is mentally ill is she even to be held responsible for her actions? I think it would have been much better to help her, even if that means using force. In my opinion, the best solution would be to put her in a mental hospital of some sorts.

Lyn

Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
**kleechy**

I am currently:

yea she did end up in hospital in the end ! but i duno . shes deaf so it must be really hard for them she was on my ward . there was other deaf patients too . i duno it just seems so crazy thats shes gona be stuck in there indefinatly

THE COUNCIL LEFT ME A TOY TO PLAY WITH :D

**kleechy** is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)