Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 29-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:
Possibly pregnant?

Last month my period was late by a week. And now this month its a week late yet again. And this month it was fairly light. Only lasted 2/3 days.

It it worth taking a pregnancy test? Or should i wait and see what happens next month?

x

<3

Old 29-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
TrixiePix
Terri

I am currently:

If there is a chance you could be pregnant then I would suggest a test. though there are other reasons for late/light periods, such as stress, a change in diet etc.

'We may not have it all together, but together we have it all'

Old 29-08-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.

I am currently:

As Trixiepix said there are other possibilities. However, there is no harm in taking a test to see. At least then you would know.

Oh god I want to hear you say,
I want to hear you say that you were wrong again

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Time is the echo of an axe
Within a wood.

Old 29-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
Animad

Yep, I'd recommend taking one especially as your last period was light (which if it turns out that you're pregnant may not have actually have been a period but have been 'spotting' which can be normal throughout pregnancy). The best time to take 1 is first thing in the morning when your urine is most concentrated and I'd also recommend that if 1 is negative to take another a couple of days later as sometimes they give false negatives as they don't pick up enough of the hormone there at pregnancy (hCG) which isn't there at other times for it to react and say you're pregnant.

As said by the others, there are many other reasons. A change in lifestyle, being ill, being anaemic, a change in diet, an ED, stress and many others can cause it but it's better to take a test to check whether or not you're pregnant.

Old 31-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
jojo98766

I am currently:

I'm not a doctor, but I do know quite a bit about reproduction. Well, I guess for an 11 year old.. take a pregnancy test, just to be safe... You wouldn't wanna randomly go into labour one day, would you? xD If you miss one and have a heavy one, i know that's a miscarriage so I guess you didn't loose a baby. Deppression could have something to do with odd period patterns. Unless you have an eating disorder, than it's that.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Animad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo98766 View Post
I'm not a doctor, but I do know quite a bit about reproduction. Well, I guess for an 11 year old.. take a pregnancy test, just to be safe... You wouldn't wanna randomly go into labour one day, would you? xD If you miss one and have a heavy one, i know that's a miscarriage so I guess you didn't loose a baby. Deppression could have something to do with odd period patterns. Unless you have an eating disorder, than it's that.
If you miss one and then have a heavy 1 after that does not necessarily = miscarrage. Everyones hormones can act differently at times and periods can sometimes be lighter or heavier and sometimes they can come early/ late/ you can miss one. It is relatively common for people to miss one and there next 1 to be heavy and that can have nothing to do with being previously pregnant, it can be totally normal and occurs with many people who aren't sexually active at that point and therefore couldn't possibly be pregnant.

I just wanted to point that out as it could lead to women who this occurs to having read this believing that they definately had a miscarriage which could cause a lot of unnecessary distress.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)