RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Daydream
Collect memories not scars

I am currently:
Avalanche needs some advice

Okay. Where to start? I used to be in a psychiatric unit in North Wales, but as I couldn't commit to getting better and I couldnt hack the rules much, I left. Now I'm really regretting this decision. I'm commited to getting better and stopping self harming now, but after every time I self harm I know its only a matter of time before I do it again, and the longer the time in between the worse it gets. I'm not sure if I'm getting sufficient help here where I live. I mean, I've come out of depression a bit which is nice, but I still get suicidal every few days, sometimes seriously and sometimes not so seriously.
Do you reckon I have any chance of going back there if I ask? I know I can get along with the rules better now because I'm not wanting to go to bed at 8pm any more and I wont smuggle in any sharps. I am really needing to get better now. God I'm getting emotional just thinbking about it.
Its not a unit people are forced to go to, you have to agree to go there and people who are sectioned dont go there, they go to the other one in cardiff.
I also need some advice on how to tell my parents about my wanting to go back there. They will say I dont need to go back there, but they dont know the full story on how I'm feeling.
So, anyone got any ideas or advice?

xxxx

Daydream is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 29-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Stellata

I hear your sincere need for help, and your honest desire to accept the boundaries of the unit.

I would say go for it, ask. Be honest with your support team and your therapist.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Daydream
Collect memories not scars

I am currently:

Oh I forgot to mention the reason I want to go there is for DBT, and that is the only place in wales that does it for teens.

xxxx

Daydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 05:44 AM   #4
Putain
Vlad the impala

I reckon you stand a chance of getting back in there, if you tell them what you've told us, especially being able to get on with the rules now. However this unit is funded, success stories look good on their end of year report, so if you can convince them you can benefit from it and help them to make it work for you, you could get on the waiting list.

As for how to tell to your parents about it, i haven't a clue. What did you do first time?

Putain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow

I am currently:

I agree with Putain... There should be no reason why they wouldn't let you back in if you prove that you are sincere about changing

But it's your decision... and I'm sure your parents will support whatever choice you make

*Hug*

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
Psychedelic Doodle Pop

I think it's really great that you're thinking of going back. There's no harm in trying. I think it would be important to say to them that you know you weren't in the right place for it last time, and you know you weren't really ready for it then and you didn't try and that this time it's different and why/how it's different.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)