RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #221
Emmabob.

I am currently:

havent flicked through last few pages or anything, but is anyone on amitriptyline for pain? been prescribed it today & iffy about taking it. my gp said i shouldn't be on a high dose (probably 20mg at the most).. my mums on it for pain too & shes on 150mg on a night (& no that isnt a typo >.<)

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #222
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

Yeah I am, as well as for sleep and fun stuff like that, i'm on 100mg at the moment

There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob

The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #223
MagpieBlues
Maria

Hi,

I've never seen this thread before... I have spondylolisthesis. Bit of a mouthful! Basically the bones in my spine are slipping out of place and I need to have spinal fusion surgery. I have horrible sciatica and back pain sometimes and I'm on 60mg of codeine 4 times a day, which is the maximum dose atm. I was thinking of asking to change to tramadol because the codeine doesn't seem to be working as well anymore...

My psychiatrist seems to think that these problems ive been having with back and this surgery and 'chronic pain' is what has caused this 'episode'.

I didn't realise it could have such a big effect on someone's mental health...

MagpieBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #224
kona
Lucius

I am currently:

I started on 20 mg a night and i'm now on 100...built it up to that over about a year. it does help =]

I'm Angela's (dancing loony) guard dog, I'm Comatostatic's Squishy
Comatostatic is my Plague rat in a top hat
my poetry

kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #225
Petrichor
No Sylvia Plath

I am currently:

So much pain i don't even know what to do with myself right now. ><

And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare,
As any she belied with false compare.

There she was. Gone.

Petrichor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #226
kona
Lucius

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
So much pain i don't even know what to do with myself right now. ><
*hugs* would a hot bath help? or is it different pain?

I'm Angela's (dancing loony) guard dog, I'm Comatostatic's Squishy
Comatostatic is my Plague rat in a top hat
my poetry

kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #227
Petrichor
No Sylvia Plath

I am currently:

Thanks for the hugs, dear. Joint pain, but a lot worse than what I would consider 'normal' for me, especially considering I haven't done anything remotley active. A hot bath would be lovely...but no baths in halls of residence XD

Last edited by Petrichor : 23-11-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: typing dead instead of dear. well that was unfortunate

There she was. Gone.

Old 24-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #228
Rodolphus
#Azkafam

I know it's easier said than done, but being inactive will generally not help your pain levels. The more inactive you are, the tighter and weaker your muscles get, and as well as that making your muscles hurt, it makes the joint less stable and will hurt more. Very gentle exercise (a 10-15 minute wander, yoga or other gentle stretching, stuff like that) a couple of times a day can really help. I've foun my pain levels much more manageable that way. Even if you're resting all day, a little activity can help a lot, as can the fresh air and to mood lifting properties.

My CFS is trolling on a major scale at the moment, not at all helped by being in an insomniac episode where I'm just not sleeping and my meds aren't working. I have a really busy week coming up; I'm tattooing four times, volunteering and hosting a huge Mehndi & Vintage Fashion night, as well as having other commission work to do. I'm so exhausted that I'm worried I'm going to end up back in hospital on an IV. I've demoed this morning, but I'm resting for the rest of the day before tattooing again tomorrow. My Fibro is causing serious rib and back pain also, but that'll pass and it'll be okay.

*curls up in the corner for a nap*

Wish everyone a well as can be weekend <3

Do something nice for someone, then do something nice for yourself. <3

Now I'll play your ghost as my ace, whenever I'm led astray.
But I am actually good, can't help it if we're tilted.
I'm in my right place, don't be a downer.

Rodolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #229
Petrichor
No Sylvia Plath

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolphus View Post
I know it's easier said than done, but being inactive will generally not help your pain levels. The more inactive you are, the tighter and weaker your muscles get, and as well as that making your muscles hurt, it makes the joint less stable and will hurt more. Very gentle exercise (a 10-15 minute wander, yoga or other gentle stretching, stuff like that) a couple of times a day can really help. I've foun my pain levels much more manageable that way. Even if you're resting all day, a little activity can help a lot, as can the fresh air and to mood lifting properties.
I am trying to keep this in mind. I did manage to go for a little walk to uni and back which i know is not very far but it needed to be done anyway to renew library books. I usually do some stretches in the morning and then again throughout the day if i start to seize up.
haha last night because I was functioning on little to no sleep my brain was working overdrive and i was genuinly scared i would break my neck if I moved. All aboard the crazy train! Conductour, me!

Quote:
My CFS is trolling on a major scale at the moment, not at all helped by being in an insomniac episode where I'm just not sleeping and my meds aren't working. I have a really busy week coming up; I'm tattooing four times, volunteering and hosting a huge Mehndi & Vintage Fashion night, as well as having other commission work to do. I'm so exhausted that I'm worried I'm going to end up back in hospital on an IV. I've demoed this morning, but I'm resting for the rest of the day before tattooing again tomorrow. My Fibro is causing serious rib and back pain also, but that'll pass and it'll be okay.

*curls up in the corner for a nap*

Wish everyone a well as can be weekend <3

Do something nice for someone, then do something nice for yourself. <3
You know your body best so is there anything natural you could do to help you sleep at night? I'm guessing you've probably already tried all the usual things. :(
As hard as it is when you're not sleeping at night, coupled with chronic ilnesses, maybe try to avoid sleeping i the daytime as much as possible? Although from the sounds of it you need as much rest as you can get. It sounds like you're really busy, and i hoppe you're still enjoyiong all of your work and activities.

There she was. Gone.

Old 28-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #230
Rodolphus
#Azkafam

Achieved a deep level of rest for the first time this afternoon, it was glorious.

I switched off light and sound, pulled my duvet over my head, let the heat build up naturally around me and waited for it to soothe my muscles, concentrated on nothing but my breathing (I know it's hard to switch off completely, so I immersed myself in something very simple and rhythmical) and just lay there peacefully for almost an hour. I didn't sleep, I was conscious the whole time, no was I in a medatitive state, I was just peaceful and so was my body. I feel like I've found a couple of spoons and my mood is lighter too. Try it, even just for 30 minutes if you can.

Old 30-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #231
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

I think I've done that a few times and also felt much better afterwards.

I'm finding it hard to trust my body. Taking that out of the equation I'd be worried about my sign language exams anyway, but having the extra concern of whether my body will even let me do it isn't helping. I think I should but what if my tremors kick up? What if I'm so fatigued that I can't sign or concentrate? I'm dreading them but looking forward to then being done. I just can't cope stressing out as much as I am - I can't get rid of the worry which isn't helping my sleep and urges
Fun times!

Spongebob

Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #232
hellokittymad
it's not too late, it's never too late....

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stolen One View Post
I think I've done that a few times and also felt much better afterwards.

I'm finding it hard to trust my body. Taking that out of the equation I'd be worried about my sign language exams anyway, but having the extra concern of whether my body will even let me do it isn't helping. I think I should but what if my tremors kick up? What if I'm so fatigued that I can't sign or concentrate? I'm dreading them but looking forward to then being done. I just can't cope stressing out as much as I am - I can't get rid of the worry which isn't helping my sleep and urges
Fun times!
*hugs*

*crashes into thread&collapses into corner* my chest hurts so tired too not good mix >.<

"pretty pretty please dont you ever ever feel like your less than less than perfect"

"Don't ever change, you're perfect the way you are"
only a PM away for ANYONE

Gem [smurfette] is my little sister and my princess <3

R.I.P. Keith....31/10/12....forever missed
R.I.P. Lewis....18/01/13....forever I'll love you, forever missed

hellokittymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #233
Rodolphus
#Azkafam

I just wanted to leave some careful cuddles <3

I have my first appointment with the hematologist tomorrow to discuss my blood disorder. Here's hoping they can treat me!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #234
hellokittymad
it's not too late, it's never too late....

I am currently:

Quote:
I just wanted to leave some careful cuddles <3

I have my first appointment with the hematologist tomorrow to discuss my blood disorder. Here's hoping they can treat me!
Keeping fingers crossed Marie (?)

*takes a cuddle and curls back up* <3

"pretty pretty please dont you ever ever feel like your less than less than perfect"

"Don't ever change, you're perfect the way you are"
only a PM away for ANYONE

Gem [smurfette] is my little sister and my princess <3

R.I.P. Keith....31/10/12....forever missed
R.I.P. Lewis....18/01/13....forever I'll love you, forever missed

hellokittymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #235
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

Good luck Marie, hope it goes well!

Spongebob

Old 06-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #236
Emmabob.

I am currently:

i know i seem to drop in & out of here, sorry.

i'm shitting bricks that i'm gonna be ill over christmas - my appetite hasn't been 100% since my op in july, have had repeated, severe uti's. i have another kidney infection at the moment & my appetite is crap. i was in bed last christmas due to being ill. blah. i dunno, anyone suffer with severe uti's & have any tips on feeling somewhat life like if i'm ill over christmas? >.<

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #237
_Faint_
A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another

I am currently:

Hi,
I have suspected ME
At the moment my dr is looking into it she says i need to get some tests done to find out if there is other reasons why i might be ill

I feel tired all the time and my legs feel very heavy she did say it could be my anti psychotics that are making me feel this way
so until i get the tests done i will not know anything yet

Stop Cruelty To All Beings Including Yourself

Omniniest -A Person Does Not Believe In Any Religion or Practice or Belief But Finds Truth In them All

_Faint_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #238
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

No useful advice what so ever, apologies!

I'm not usually festive at all but quite looking forward to christmas this year! It would be so nice if christmas day was a good day health wise and could enjoy it more, but I know it's not very likely at the moment. Still going to hope!

Spongebob

Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 AM   #239
Petrichor
No Sylvia Plath

I am currently:

Hello lovely people!

I'm sorry I have no advice for anyone, becuae I am useless like that.

Was walking round the christmas markets yesterday which was lovely but tiring. After about an hour i was exhausted. After all afternoon and some of the evening my joints felt about ready to give up. Aaaaand today my hips are refusing to co-operate...off out again tomorrow and the day after as well, so I can only hope I am feeling better by then.

There she was. Gone.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #240
Rodolphus
#Azkafam

I have my fingers crossed for you, Caz, I hope you're feeling comfortable (I know 'well' can often only be dreamed about, but functioning and comfortable is most pleasing to the chronically ill!) on the day so you can enjoy yourself :)

I saw the hemo the other day, and it's not overly good news, but not terrible. I definitely have thrombocytopenia - a lack of production or over-destruction of platelets, which means I have a blood disorder. I'm being put on steroids to suppress my spleen a bit to stop it nomming all the platelets, but as my count is getting lower, if that doesn't work and I continue to get worse then I may need surgery to remove my spleen in the future :/ as far as symptoms go though, it's nothing major - I have a lot of bruises, and I'm bruising very easily, and I also have pin prick blood spot bruises randomly everywhere -_- my last period was a total nightmare also >_<

But yeah, that's how it went. But I'm hopeful that treatment will work and if the worst comes down then I know a human can live quite easily without a spleen. I have to get a medi-tag and stuff now. I'm just terrified of getting hurt at the moment as I'm much more perceptible to internal bleeding and stuff now :/

Otherwise, I've actually had a good spell recently! I still get tired very quickly and can't stay on my feet for too long, but I've managed to not nap at all since Sunday, and that had been my first one in a few days. I'm managing to stay quite alert a lot of the time and my fatigue has lifted a bit so everything feels much more bearable. My pain levels have been quite high at times, especially my back and ribs (not helped by hours of crafting and tattooing, I'm guessing!) but I've coped. I like being able to cope. There is pretty much no hope that I will ever be 'well', especially by doctors, with my combination of diagnosi, but days where I can cope and function enough to have a productive day give me hope.

I've noticed that I'm coping a lot better with this winter than I have for the last couple of years - the cold cripples me. I am working so ridiculously hard to take better care of myself than I ever have done, though, so I'm hoping my body is responding even just a little bit. I've read a lot that gluten can seriously irritate inflammatory conditions, like my RA, so I'm going to try and cut down on eating stuff with high gluten levels in to see if it helps. Further restricting my already limited diet is a risky thing for me to do though, so I'm going to have to be careful.

How is everyone doing? I hope the cold weather isn't treating you too badly DVD that you're managing to look after yourselves as best you can. Keel yourself warm and comfortable and spend an hour or seven wrapped up, watching trashy TV or doing something you love :]

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)