RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
SnapShotBae

I am currently:
Bullying in the workplace

Our Company has recently had a big Management change, I have been here 10+ years, never been late, always worked over and above my line of duty.

This new Manager started in April and has had it in for me since day 1.

She didn't get on with the interim Manager she replaced, bitching about her in front of us, brought my name into the argument saying I had said we were going to get rid of one of the other team members (totally untrue).

She has taken all of my work off me, give me one small job and keeps pulling up on everything, keeps saying I have other options, questions my ability to do my job, says for someone at my level of pay she expects more, i have been pulled up on my time keeping, she has said people don't want to come into the office because I have created a frosty atmosphere.

When it first began I requested a meeting and she verbally said I was a bully. I am the softest person ever.

I am currently in the process of trying to find a new job, will happily take a massive pay cut just to get out of the place.

Just in the interim I need some help to cope with her. I have raised it with my College Assessor and have begun writing everything up.

Im just absolutely at rock bottom now, she has made me unable to do my job, confidence is totally shot and yeah I an anxious for each day I have to get up and go to work.

Advice welcome x

SnapShotBae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

Hello and welcome to the site. =)

I'm sorry you're going through this. I've had some work issues too where I've been accused of things that weren't true so I completely understand how much if affects confidence and how hard it is to be in such an uncomfortable work atmosphere every day.

Luckily my management changed for the better but I'm still having to deal with the person that made everything so miserable and the advice I've been given by other people is to "keep zen" which sounds silly but really just means stay calm, don't react and try to let it wash over you. Which I totally know is not as easy as it sounds and I fail at it massively a lot of the time! But it is the only way, I think... You've bought the issues up with someone which is a really good thing to do because then you're not dealing with this alone. I hope you can go to them if you need to have a rant or vent if things are getting too much? Have you got any other trusted colleagues you could talk to about it? You might find that other people are frustrated with her too.

Also it's worth reminding yourself that things won't be like this forever. You're looking for new jobs so hopefully something will come up soon and it will be so much better. Having that knowledge can be quite reassuring but make sure to remind yourself that that is the plan.

I don't know if any of that is helpful or not but I wanted to mostly let you know that I really do understand.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #3
SnapShotBae

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonperson View Post
Hello and welcome to the site. =)

I'm sorry you're going through this. I've had some work issues too where I've been accused of things that weren't true so I completely understand how much if affects confidence and how hard it is to be in such an uncomfortable work atmosphere every day.

Luckily my management changed for the better but I'm still having to deal with the person that made everything so miserable and the advice I've been given by other people is to "keep zen" which sounds silly but really just means stay calm, don't react and try to let it wash over you. Which I totally know is not as easy as it sounds and I fail at it massively a lot of the time! But it is the only way, I think... You've bought the issues up with someone which is a really good thing to do because then you're not dealing with this alone. I hope you can go to them if you need to have a rant or vent if things are getting too much? Have you got any other trusted colleagues you could talk to about it? You might find that other people are frustrated with her too.

Also it's worth reminding yourself that things won't be like this forever. You're looking for new jobs so hopefully something will come up soon and it will be so much better. Having that knowledge can be quite reassuring but make sure to remind yourself that that is the plan.

I don't know if any of that is helpful or not but I wanted to mostly let you know that I really do understand.
I appreciate your reply so much and knowing im not the only one in the same boat reassuring. Im normally such a strong individual it's got me at rock bottom. Just wish i could switch off and not have to dread going into work tomorrow. I love my job and i just physically feel nothing at the moment thats how bad it's got. I really need a lucky break, just another place who will give me a chance to start a fresh 😪

Old 08-09-2019, 05:27 PM   #4
nonperson

I am currently:

I really struggle with switching off and just focusing on my job so I know how hard it is. Like me, you clearly enjoy and care about your job a lot and that in some ways makes it worse because it makes it even harder to switch off.

Are there many options for new jobs at the moment?

Old 08-09-2019, 05:57 PM   #5
SnapShotBae

I am currently:

Nothing much at the moment ive applied for a couple roles which i hope i get, just zero luck at the moment

Old 08-09-2019, 06:23 PM   #6
nonperson

I am currently:

Just got to keep trying. Even if it's just something temporary to get you out of where you are now quickly. You can still keep looking afterwards for the perfect role. =)

Old 08-09-2019, 07:28 PM   #7
SnapShotBae

I am currently:

Thank you I guess it's time to put me first and plan my escape

Old 08-09-2019, 09:10 PM   #8
nonperson

I am currently:

Definitely put yourself first.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)