RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #21
dbus-daemon

I am currently:

Less than 24 hours to go :( I had a horrible nightmare last night. I can't remember much about it other than how disturbing it was. I'm terrified about tomorrow. The whisky has helped slightly but not much.

I'm not going alone, two of my mates are going with me. That mate that reported it to the police for me (P) is going with me as well as a mate that witnessed a few of the attacks. That's really what's the worst. Someone saw my ex attacking me. It's humiliating that he saw how weak I was.

dbus-daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 12:04 PM   #22
dbus-daemon

I am currently:

I'm back from having done my statement. It was hard going and to be honest I feel even worse now. I'm so scared of my ex.

Old 29-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #23
dbus-daemon

I am currently:

It's weird. I feel much better now. I feel far less scared of my ex and I am getting a surprising amount of support from my family too. I've suddenly realised that my ex is a pathetic, cowardly worm with a yellow streak down his back. He's beneath contempt. His power over me is fading away slowly.

Old 31-07-2015, 06:56 PM   #24
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I'm glad your friends were able to go with you and that you are getting support from your family.

It's been a few days, how are you doing?

It's good that your ex's power is fading away don't feel bad if moments of doubt kick in. Hold on to these feelings now, write them somewhere you can look at if you are reminded of his power. (just based on friend's experience of leaving abusive partners, the path to realisation isn't always linear sometimes the power can sneak back in a little bit.)

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:57 PM   #25
dbus-daemon

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptoes View Post
I'm glad your friends were able to go with you and that you are getting support from your family.

It's been a few days, how are you doing?

It's good that your ex's power is fading away don't feel bad if moments of doubt kick in. Hold on to these feelings now, write them somewhere you can look at if you are reminded of his power. (just based on friend's experience of leaving abusive partners, the path to realisation isn't always linear sometimes the power can sneak back in a little bit.)
I'm doing a lot better now. The fear has mostly gone but I will keep an eye out for moments of doubt. Having my mates stand by me has really helped too.

ETA: The more he tries to intimidate me the more power he loses. It's weird. The harder he tries to regain his power, the further he loses his already tenuous grip on me. He's tried to intimidate me twice today but it's not working.

Last edited by dbus-daemon : 01-08-2015 at 09:23 PM. Reason: see ETA
Old 03-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #26
dbus-daemon

I am currently:

My nightmares have totally decreased in frequency, duration and intensity now. I'm a lot more hopeful that this time he'll get punished for what he's done.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #27
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

It sounds like you are coping really well, I hope things continue to improve for you.

You should be so proud of yourself breaking free!

I'm sorry he is still trying to intimidate you, are you keeping a record of all your contact with him? It might come in helpful when building a case against him.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #28
dbus-daemon

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptoes View Post
It sounds like you are coping really well, I hope things continue to improve for you.

You should be so proud of yourself breaking free!

I'm sorry he is still trying to intimidate you, are you keeping a record of all your contact with him? It might come in helpful when building a case against him.
Yeah I've got a spreadsheet of his antics and a few people have witnessed him trying to intimidate me.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #29
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hey,

How are you feeling now?

Well done for keeping track of any contact he's tried to have. It really does help when things are going further. I did it with my ex and it was a lot of evidence they took on board.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)