RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #7041
squirrelspit

I am currently:

It sounds incredibly tough on both of you.

Have you had chance to get a bit of time to yourself? I used to find it helpful even just leaving the house and walking round the block for 10 minutes and taking a few deep breaths.

Oliver is 7 months old in a few days, and i cant even remember the stresses of those first few months now.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #7042
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

kinda, i've been trying to dye my hair for the last week lol, i got as far as bleaching it n then the growth spurt hit XD i went out yesterday n got dinner by myself, when i got back patrick looked terrified XD

Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #7043
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Pixie View Post
Charlie, I do like the idea of delayed cord clamping but I am not sure if I can have that if I have the injection? I will ask the midwife on Sunday.
Yes, you can.
Some midwives (particularly older ones) have been indoctrinated into using the injection for everyone and cutting the cord straight away and might be resistant to change. If it's what you want, make sure you make it clear so that it happens :)

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #7044
squirrelspit

I am currently:

I hope things settle down quickly for you Sharli.

oh Sam, i took your suggestion of cutting his last nap, so hes now down to two a day, and he is sleeping so much better. We also bought him a cot mobile and that helps settle him a lot. I still sneak him into our bed when he wakes up at 2/3am though. naughty mummy.

I go back to work next week, for the first month im going to be on day shifts only, and then i'll be back to the old finishing at midnight/5am. I REALLY REALLY dont want to go back. And i know im going to have to start to stop breast feeding him.. which i dont want to do either. ever. well, maybe eventually but im just used to the convenience of sticking a boob in his mouth and going to sleep whilst he eats/falls back to sleep.

Im torn, on the one hand ive been promoted and am looking forward to actually engaging my brain and learning new things, on the other hand ive gotten used to the luxury of 'i can do whatever the **** i want today, and tomorrow, and the day after'.

i think i could cope if i was just going to be doing 9-5, but my job isnt really conducive to raising a child. and with Stuart doing a similar job, im not sure how we're going to work it that we both are earning money and seeing each other.

we shall see.

Old 23-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #7045
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Charlie I'm sure you've thought of it but have you looked at jobs elsewhere? Just plain old 9-5?

Also work are supposed to provide you with somewhere to express milk. What will you do when your both at work on nights? Or will that not happen?

Glad he is sleeping better. We also have a soft seahorse toy that lights up and plays music and its a godsend as Elliot can now do it himself and he settles really well with it.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #7046
squirrelspit

I am currently:

We have that seahorse thing.. its amazing isnt it. I shall be glad when he can do it himself.

I find expressing really painful to be honest. so ive not done it for ages.

I have considered doing a 9-5, but im not qualified to do anything and theres no way i would get one that will pay me the money im on now.

It wont happen that we're both on nights. We're going to be able to swing our shifts around each other, which is great, it just means that some days we will literally be seeing each other just to hand over the baby.

Old 23-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #7047
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

As long as you make the days you are off together count. But it will be hard. Often when Simon worked away he wouldn't see Elliot for days at a time but it makes the time together more special. Might it be worth looking into doing an online qualification? Just so in the future you have the option of a career change? Don't forget though the skills set you've built up in this job will be transferable in lots of ways.

Something Special.

Old 23-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #7048
squirrelspit

I am currently:

true. I could always ask the operations manager to let me know of anything that comes about in ticketing or marketing or whatever as that is day time hours. (plus they have a free to use gym up there!)

How are you doing Sam?

Old 23-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #7049
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Exactly. And if work are doing any free training take it. I've done loads of courses through work which will be good if I leave. They are supposed to offer you CPD opportunities anyway so have a look and ask them if you can go on stuff. Like business or management courses.

I'm ok today thanks. Been a tough week but its the weekend now!

Simon got a new job which starts on Monday so that relieves some stress.

Something Special.

Old 23-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #7050
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife

Gideon is gorgeous and I love the name.

Myimmortalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #7051
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

How are you going to function working at night and up with baby in the day?

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #7052
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Charlie that sounds crappy, you're a better person than me, i know i couldn't do that! I did two years of never getting a day off with hubby and working way later than him and it was brutal. couldn't imagine just seeing him in passing :( I'd totally keep an eye out for any day shift jobs you could get transferred too (plus a gym is always a bonus!!!)

Sam, glad you can have some of the stress relieved now, hopefully things will improve!

Thankyou Myimmortalgirl, i'm super proud of him lol, especially cause my sister in law said the other day she thought he was cuter than her son when he was born (but to never ever tell him she said that) lmao!!!

Gideon seems to be coming out the other side of the growth spurt, im curious for his dr's appt on friday to see how much he's grown!
Dr's STILL haven't gotten back to me about his ultrasound, so now there's no way it's gonna get done and i'll get the results in time for his dr's appt which is really annoying. His tummy seems better too, he's only screaming after meals for a little bit, and maybe twice a day seems to have a bad one. And im getting his gas up much better thanks to the tips you guys gave!

Old 23-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #7053
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Cant believe how grown up all the babies are becoming.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #7054
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

That's a good sign sharli it means its not urgent x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #7055
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Mand when i called on tuesday the dr hadn't even asked for the ultrasound to be booked, she'd just forgotten about it, on thursday they called and said they called the u/s place and would let me know when they got a time. When i got my u/s done whilst preg i got the date the next day so im tempted to call again on monday...
In the meantime, how the eff do i get poop outta that dimple? Im scared to use a q-tip incase its not sealed at the bottom, plus it kinda makes me squeamish lol

Old 24-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #7056
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

Gideon is gorgeous =] so is Jasmine. I hope everyone's babies are doing well.
Charlie, I can't imagine working nights/different shifts from Andrew now (we used to work massively conflicting shifts, he started when i finished even though we worked in the same place). I can't imagine doing it with a small child!

We got some amazing bargains today on baby stuff. We got a Moses basket and stand for £12, and this pram with matching car seat for £15!! We are going to get a new mattress for the Moses basket.

When did you all start too feel baby moving? I'm anxious even though I'm only 17 weeks and my midwife said I wouldn't feel it until 20 weeks. I'm a worrier I guess!

Nobody knows, nobody cares that I die on the inside
Nobody sees the lie that is me, as I smile on the outside

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #7057
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I didnt feel movements until about 22 weeks. Even then it was barely noticeable!
Try not to worry (though I know thats easier said than done :p)

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #7058
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

I'm trying. It isn't helping that my mother-in-law keeps asking if i can feel baby moving yet whenever she speaks to Andrew. I know when I see her again in a few weeks for dinner it will be an interrogation -/ she is still slightly sulking cos I won't tell her what our names are!
My notes say its normally between 18 and 24 weeks, my mother-in-law did originally say it would be at 14 weeks!

Nobody knows, nobody cares that I die on the inside
Nobody sees the lie that is me, as I smile on the outside

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #7059
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

I wouldn't be worried about not feeling any movements until after 24 weeks.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #7060
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

I didnt feel movement till 23/24 weeks n it wasnt until 32 weeks i could forsure say it was movement!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)