RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Zuclopenthixol.

I am on 20mg Olanzapine and 150mg Clomipramine.

I have severe schizophrenia which means that Olanzapine alone is not enough. I used to be on Amisulpride very recently but it made me agitated, so my psychiatrist tapered me off it. When I came off it, I ended up in A&E in an extremely agitated state with constant voices last weekend. They prescribed me short term Clonazepam and I'm seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow. My psychiatrist is on leave so I'll be seeing someone else.

I have done plenty of research and I found out that Zuclopenthixol is good for agitated patients with psychosis. Seeing as I'm pretty much always agitated / hypomanic / dysphoric, and that one antipsychotic is not enough, I will ask for Zuclopenthixol.

Can anyone share any experiences on Zuclopenthixol? I will be taking the oral form as I am compliant.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 25-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I am on the depot, with the tablets as prn. For me it's done so well at controlling the symptoms that I can do most things and function pretty well. My paranoia has almost gone, my voices have decreased and my SI has decreased too because one of the reasons I used to SI was because of the psychosis. In fact I haven't SIed since I have been on it. Apart from earlier on this year my low mood had improved.

The side effects I got was muscle stiffness (which I took procyclidine for ) but that went as soon as my body got used to it. I also had blurred vision again that went away when my body got used to it. The only side effect I get is irregular periods but I am not totally convinced that clopixol is the cause. I also have weight gain, but it's not as bad as when I was on quetiapine.

I still get the occasional bad day when the voices get really bad and the prn tablets help me to get out of bed and although I can't leave the house or cook, it's an improvement than before when I was basically a vegetable.

I hope that helps Oly.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 25-03-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
Steel Maiden

Thanks. That is helpful.

I'll update tomorrow after the psychiatrist appointment, which I am nervous about.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 25-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #4
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Good luck Oly and hope it goes well. I am glad that I was helpful.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 25-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I was on it in tablet form a few years ago.
It really helped with my symptoms but I found it incredibly sedating at first until they lowered the dose a bit and then built up gradually.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #6
not_so_insig

I am currently:

How did your appointment go Oly?

Old 27-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
Steel Maiden

Thanks all.

The psych I saw said she couldn't add meds to my regime because that would be up to my psych as mine is the consultant. In seeing my psych next week.

They gave me more clonazepam.

Old 27-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #8
not_so_insig

I am currently:

I hope that the meds help you and that your psych appointment goes well next week.

Old 27-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #9
Steel Maiden

Thanks.

Old 27-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
Perplex010

I am currently:

I found Zuclopenthixol absolutely horrendous. I have schizophrenia and a strong mood component with it - and was massively agitated in hospital so they put me on this. I was on it for 5 or 6 months at 500mg per week. Was very restless, agitated, had a lot of akathisia, insomnia, muscle stiffness, the depot hurt so much and i couldn't stop eating either. So, yeah, wasn't a good experience to say the least! I think lower doses of the typicals seem to provide better effects.

Perplex010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #11
Steel Maiden

Sorry Rio hear that.

If I do go on it, I'll be on a low dose as it would be an adjunct to Olanzapine.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)