Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:
So I went...

I went to the see the GP.
I don't know how to feel to be honest.
She took my blood pressure which was fine, weighed me with no comment and is sending my for bloods next week. She wants to see my again after that and then decide where to go from there, she mentioned possible meds and a possible referral for CBT.
but she said that as I have a science background and im mature I should understand what I need to do to be healthy [like its that easy].

So we'll see.

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
LionCondemned
Kat.

I am currently:

Hey there,

Firstly, a big well done for going and getting some help! it can be really frightening to do and you should be really proud of yourself.

I'm only Human.

LionCondemned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
Laura2.0

Well done for going to your GP! I know it can be really scary.

You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena

Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

Hey Gem,

I'm really glad, and proud, you went. No comment about weight is probably a good thing. Because weight isnt the biggest problem in most cases its the mentality and poor nutrition. Its more important she assesses your physical health via various means like bloods before she makes a statement about weight.

How are you feeling about the idea of cbt? It seems she is saying that having a scientific background means you can easily understand what you need to do but that cbt might help you with the anxiety and ed thoughts tha are currently stopping you from practising what you might logically know to be best.

I am very pleased your gp is following things up. Did you manage to get a letter for uni?

How are you feeling today? Xxx

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

im feeling pretty low, stressed and anxious about everything. im feeling pretty weak and cant concentrate but I need to get myself together today as I have uni and then a late shift at work tonight.

I got the letter to support my application for extenuation so I should hopefully hear back soon, my tutor seems to think I will get it so it is a relief. I handed an assignment in yesterday and have another next week and then the other 3 I will be extended, although it does mean it falls into my revision and exam weeks.

I just want to pass, that all I want at the mo!

Old 27-03-2014, 12:23 AM   #6
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Hugs gem I have everything crossed for you and your extenuation. Your health really is the most important thing. Hang in there pm if you need xx

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #7
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I'm sorry you're feeling so low & overwhelmed at the minute angel,, I can't add much more about the GP appt, but I want to send you cuddles&love&relaxation rays. <3

You have the capability to pass lovely, you're extremely bright & determined & I know you can do it. But please try not to make your whole world - You deserve a life too && you have a lot to contend with, ED, MH, work, etc. Education can always be done again, your health has to come first.

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #8
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thankyou guys *hugs*
I've had a horrendous migraine today, started with a headache and toothache and then BAM. I havent made it to uni, i havent done any work, ive done nothing except lay in bed. Painkillers have only just kicked in :(

I had my blood test the other day but couldnt get an appointment with the doctor again, only thing i can do is call on thursday morning to see if i can get another appointment...

I feel like such a fraud right now though, i binged, i couldnt help myself and i feel horrendously fat and fake :(

Old 29-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
LittleCloud
LittleCloud

I am currently:

*hugs* I hear you and understand- I'm going through many of the same things and am so, so sorry to hear you're suffering like this

So she lights up a candle for hope to be found
Captive and blind by the darkness around
Each wave a promise, a new hope reborn
Sunrise consoles at the break of dawn

Kamelot - A Sailorman's Hymn Lyrics

LittleCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

How're you feeling angel? Did you manage to get a blood test?

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 10:04 PM   #11
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

hey guys, im really sorry i havent replied. ive been a mess tbh, im so frustrated at myself. i got the blood results and my liver and kidney levels arent great so will have another test in a month or so. as for further help, its not looking likely as im just not sick enough....

Old 17-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #12
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

I'm so sorry Gemz. What actually did your gp say? Do you think you could chase this up? I know it's really hard to ask for your needs and health to be looked after but you do. Deserve it. Hope college is ok? Xx

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 07:00 AM   #13
LittleCloud
LittleCloud

I am currently:

That's no good. Did the doctor tell you anything you could do to keep yourself marginally healthy in that time?

So she lights up a candle for hope to be found
Captive and blind by the darkness around
Each wave a promise, a new hope reborn
Sunrise consoles at the break of dawn

Kamelot - A Sailorman's Hymn Lyrics

LittleCloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)