RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 14-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #101
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

What was your compromise? Does your case manager usually take a while to reply to your emails? If you were another person replying to your email, what do you think you might say? Sometimes it's helpful to look at things from an outside perspective.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

Old 14-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #102
Auror.
Camden

Took laxatives. But not a good number.

Normally we do not email our case manager human. But they said to send emails instead of texts so did. But how can they help with things if they do not reply? So unsure about response time.

Unsure what they would say. Usually in the past they have just said to hide until we see our therapist human so she can help. But she is still gone. We were supposed to see her today because today is Monday but she is still gone.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Old 15-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #103
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

How are things today? Did your case manager reply?

Old 15-10-2019, 04:31 PM   #104
Auror.
Camden

They emailed us a little bit ago. It is confusing. Then texted and said that their schedule changed and they want to come over to our apartment at 3pm today. We are supposed to go to the vet at 4:15 and our apartment is not clean. I told them that and they said they think it will still work. We are going to hide. I told work I could not come again. I want to be dead.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 15-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #105
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Will you let them in when they come? I hope they are helpful.

Old 15-10-2019, 08:24 PM   #106
Auror.
Camden

If they come yes we will let them in. They are late and we have to leave to go to the vet soon and someone from work phoned and left me a message and I cannot listen to it.

edit:
They finally came but not for very long. They listened to the message and just said work did not sound mad. They made us a to do list but things on it are definitely not okay. We did not see the list until after they had left so now I have no idea what to do.

Last edited by Auror. : 15-10-2019 at 10:36 PM. Reason: added

Old 16-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #107
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Do any of the things on the list feel ok to you? What's happening next with your support, do you know?

Old 16-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #108
Auror.
Camden

They wrote that we are supposed to meet a new therapist human TODAY which is a problem.

They wrote to reply to their email before Friday.

They wrote to see them on Friday and they will come to our apartment.

They wrote to give my dog lots of love.

I tried texting them to tell them what they want today is problematic. But they have not replied. I do not want to get lost or lose time or be alone with a strange human. The other things seem okay but they require not being dead. They wanted me to give them the things for being dead with but I said no and they said they were not mad.

Old 17-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #109
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Did you meet with the therapist yesterday? I can understand why that would feel problematic. I know you're preoccupied with being dead but it's great that you're managing to hold on and I hope you can add things to your list of things to do that feel good for you.

Old 17-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #110
Auror.
Camden

Unsure what happened. What I remember does not make any sense so it cannot be real. I am scared and confused.

I really hope our case manager human knows what to do. It says they are coming over tomorrow.

Old 17-10-2019, 01:42 PM   #111
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm sorry you're feeling scared and confused, those can be really awful feelings. I hope it helps to see your case manager tomorrow. How are you managing things today?

Old 17-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #112
Auror.
Camden

I had to get up early to take care of the ponies I am pet sitting. Work already texted and told me not to come. I am going to go to a workout class. Then hide until I have to do my pet visits tonight and go back to the ponies. Maybe email our case manager human. Maybe take dog for a walk. Unsure. Want to be dead but also there are ponies.

Old 17-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #113
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Those sound like good plans, please try to focus on life things rather than being dead. It sounds like you're trying hard and I hope your efforts pay off.

Old 18-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #114
Auror.
Camden

Case manager human came to see us. They asked a lot of confusing questions about emotions. They said I am not psychotic. They said we saw them and a strange human and that the strange human wants to be our therapist human. They said our old therapist human is gone permanently and is not coming back. They said they would not lie about that and that it is a real thing that they said and that occurred.

They made us a new list of things to do. They wrote down to respond to their new email. They wrote down to see them on Tuesday. They wrote down to keep giving my dog lots of love. They said we are doing a really good job of following their rules and trying.

They wrote down what to say to the human that I work for. They do not think I can do the new office job right now and that I need to say that and say that I can still take care of the horses. They said it is not lying and that hopefully she will understand.

I am scared. The things about emotions were really confusing and their email is confusing and nothing is okay.

I did come to school and am doing the things in the lab like I am supposed to. But really overwhelmed and really worried about money and how to explain any of this to my mother or ask her for more money and I did not even mention that to our case manager human because they said they had to go.

Old 19-10-2019, 08:15 PM   #115
Auror.
Camden

The human I work for brought me back special dark chocolate that she knows I can eat and fancy socks and a rock sample from her trip. I felt too horrible to talk to her about the new job and now I do not know what to do. She is so nice. She brought me back a rock sample.

Old 20-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #116
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Those sound like lovely gifts! She clearly values you as a person and an employee and wouldn't want for you to be doing work that you aren't currently able to do. I hope you're able to talk to her about the office work soon; it will feel better once that conversation is out of the way.

How do you feel about the potential new therapist?

No other sadness in the world would do

Old 20-10-2019, 06:40 PM   #117
Auror.
Camden

She did not come down to the barn at all today. Case manager human said it was an in person thing to talk to her. So now I have no idea what to do!!!!!

I want our therapist human to come back. It does not make sense that she would have just left and not come back at all. I thought she just meant it was for a little bit and she would be back to help with things.

I am so tired and so overwhelmed and nothing seems to be working right.

Old 21-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #118
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Will you have another chance to talk to her face to face?

I know it must hurt for your therapist to have left, and I can also understand your feelings of confusion. It's a loss and it will take some time to heal from it. Do you think you can give the new therapist a chance?

Old 21-10-2019, 07:51 PM   #119
Auror.
Camden

Not until I am at the barn next weekend. Which is a problem given I am supposed to be at the other job tomorrow.

Case manager human texted and said they are very busy but will try to email me by the end of the day.

Nothing has really been said about a new therapist human.

Old 21-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #120
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Will she be at the other job tomorrow? If so maybe you could turn up and explain that you can't do it.

You said earlier in the thread that your therapist was leaving to go and do a different non-therapist job. To me that sounds like you were somewhat aware that this wasn't a temporary absence and I wonder what has caused you to now say that you thought it was just for a short time?

I absolutely hear you that you wish you had the old therapist back. It's going to take a while to work through that and come to terms with the loss, as Lindsay said. However, I don't think it is helpful for you to see 'I want the old therapist back' as a complete answer to the question I asked previously about a new therapist. It can be an add on to any answer of course, but I think you need to accept (and only accept, not necessarily be OK with yet!) that you aren't going to be able to have the old therapist as your therapist. Otherwise it's going to be impossible to move forward.

I hope that makes sense and I don't intend it to sound critical at all, I know it's very hard to see beyond "but I want the old therapist back" right now!

No other sadness in the world would do

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)