RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-09-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
CaptainB2
Unsure

I am currently:
Insomnia Induced Hallucinations

Ok, I don’t know if this is an appropriate “General” topic so feel free to move it if it’s in the wrong place.

Anyway, I’ve had severe insomnia lately and more sleep deprived than I’ve ever been before. I’ve gone several days without being able to sleep more than an hour at a time. I’m so sleep deprived that I’ve graduated to having full-blown auditory hallucinations. I’ve heard of this before and I’m worried they may graduate on to even visual hallucinations. I’m so confused and disoriented now I don’t even know what’s real. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I did sleep better last night than I had in weeks I’m still very scared right now. What do I do about these hallucinations?

What can I do about the insomnia in general? Therapy and medication haven’t helped.

Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

CaptainB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Gosh, it sounds like insomnia's hitting you pretty hard at the moment! I'm guessing you've already tried the usual sleep hygiene stuff (reducing caffeine, not using screens an hour before bed etc) but it's still worth continuing with those. Even if medication hasn't worked for you so far, there could be other medications that you haven't tried yet so if you feel up to it maybe you could speak to a doctor.

Sorry to not have much in the way of helpful suggestions, I hope someone else will have more ideas! I do hope you'll get some better rest soon.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 07:55 AM   #3
CaptainB2
Unsure

I am currently:

I’ll be honest, when I made this original post last week, at the time, I had overlooked some of the obvious. Well, maybe I didn’t overlook it so much is still relied on it. I needed caffeine/energy drinks at the time. I did overlook the idea of keeping screen time down before bed.

Am I better now? Terms of insomnia, technically yes. But that’s only because I couldn’t really have gotten much worse. At least I’m not hallucinating anymore. My sleep schedule isn’t the best. I fear it’s only a matter of time from right back where I was though. I’m still not well. I’m just glad I’m not hearing things anymore. That’s my biggest concern. I feel so helpless and alone now and it’s only a matter time for them right back !where I started. I’ve pretty much given up on everything

Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

CaptainB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Well, there's at least a bit of positive news there! Could you try to incorporate some good sleep hygiene into your routine to try to keep things from slipping back to how they were?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)