RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 06-01-2016, 01:58 AM   #1
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Gastrointestinal system in stasis.

Sorry if I don't type right but I keep having meltdowns because I can't go to the toilet. It's been three days and I've tried lactulose, effervescent salts and Dulcolax.

I didn't even get the mild cramp-like feelings after Dulcolax and I don't even feel like going at all.

I have almost no bowel sounds whatsoever. I normally get bowel sounds during the day but except for a couple I've had nothing for three days.

I have IBS and I take clomipramine. I had the dose increased of clomipramine for 3 days but then I went back down to the original dose. That was 5 days ago. I came off daily haloperidol and onto PRN (haven't taken any today though) as it was causing more problems than it was solving.

I am aware that clomipramine and haloperidol can cause constipation, but it's been 5 days since I underwent the changes.

I have no appetite whatsoever and it just feels like my gastointestinal system has gone into stasis

Sorry i cant type anymore im going to have another meltdonw

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

One Hug Given By:
Old 06-01-2016, 04:06 AM   #2
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I think that you should see a doctor Oly as you have said no medication for this problem has worked especially as it's been a while. It's best sorted ASAP as you could be making things even worse by waiting.

I suspect that others will say the same as I can't think of any other solutions that you haven't already tried.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Old 06-01-2016, 07:42 AM   #3
Steel Maiden

I eventually went to the loo this morning and did a lot. But I'll be going to the doctor anyway as I only go to the loo when I take multiple measures.

The GP surgery terrifies me but this is important. Although I'm limited as to how much I can handle without bring told to leave.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #4
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Prune juice is good for constipation.
I was in hospital in June and hadn't gone for a week despite all of the medications they gave me, my mum gave me a small glass of prune juice and I was totally cleared out in a couple of days.
As it's more natural, it doesn't tend to hurt so much when it comes out either.
Good that you are getting checked out, definitely carry this along, just thought I would mention the prune juice as it might help in future.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:53 PM   #5
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

When I get really constipated like that nothing works except a suppository, or in extreme cases a laxative enema. Though usually just having movicol keeps me regular. I hope you have gone to your GP.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #6
Steel Maiden

Thanks all.

My GP prescribed me Movicol. My mum is bringing the meds to me this afternoon.

Old 10-01-2016, 12:32 AM   #7
Gofeen

and eat lots of fruit and fibre.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #8
Steel Maiden

I already do. I am vegetarian.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)