RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 27-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
Bear.

I am currently:
Overdose/ Self-Poisoning Question - [Tranquiliser] and alcohol?

Just a quick question, last night I took too many [tablets] with a full bottle of wine. I passed out and woke this morning about 7 am. I don't feel sick, but I feel drunk, wobbly, dizzy, bumping into things etc and a bit "slowed down" - I did read up on it before hand.

My question is, and i do appreciate most people will tell me to go get checked out; but is there anyone that knows a deal about this medication? For the fact I woke up this morning, could I just leave it and it'll wear off after a while?

it's not that easy for me to go up to the hospital, so I thought i'd see if anyone on here knew.

Basically, because I woke up and I can still function, should i be okay?

Tia

Last edited by Animad : 27-04-2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Edited info that could lead to tip sharing
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 27-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
Animad

A lot of it should wear off but you need to go and get your liver checked out really and also make sure everything else is doing ok. The reason this has caused problems is that both do affect the brain and cause sedation and so takin the med and drinking will stop that processing as well. They also slow down your heart and respiration rates and so there could be damage done due to that. I'm also a bit worried that you may be dehydrated.

Really you need to go and get checked out to make sure there isn't any lasting damage and also ensure it hasn't caused further damage that needs to be assessed and treated otherwise you could be left with problems. They can also provide you with additional support which is another reason to get checked out though you need to ensure that you do NOT drive yourself there but get a taxi/ public transport or ask if someone else can give you a lift.

Really if you want to discuss this in more detail then I'd advise this is done via PM as due to tip sharing rules only limited amounts of info can be given, especiall on the forum.

Old 27-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
Animad

Also, just because you woke up this morning it doesn't mean everything is ok. The fact that you're unsteady and everything is going slow etc means that it's still affecting your brain. There's nothing to say that this couldn't get worse again for a variety of reasons or hrough different causes. You need to get checked out.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)