RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
Bringer_Of_Rain

I am currently:
Your Place(s) of Escape?

Describe your place(s) of escape where you go to at times to escape your place of work, household, friends, etc. A place you feel at free and not vulnerable.

For me:
There are these 2 parks around my area that I go to for jogging and they are also my escape. I really like the outdoors and the parks are both about 15-20 miles away from my city so I am not bothered much by people I know. One is a large hill, almost mountain like, and on top is a large reservoir stretching in a mile and a half loop. The other also has a large hill except this one is for the most part surrounded by woods (this park is mostly a forest trail). Both pekes of the parks are very soothing for me and I feel at peace there, a place thoroughly think at, as well as appreciate the finer things life has to offer, such as nature.

I do very much enjoy being at the coasts as much as possible as well. There are some quiet beaches at the coast of my state. Being down there on the beach at night with just myself my IPod/headphones, the stars, the ocean breeze, and the crashing waves is very tranquil. Now because the coast is a 2 and a half hour drive away I do not get to go down there as much as I would like...But when I am down the beach I do enjoy some alone time at shore to reset the clock in my head

What is your place(s) of escape?

No inspiration left to do your best when, nobody hates you more than you're reflection

Bringer_Of_Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
Aquifolia

When I was in school I lived in a small town and the university owned a bunch of farmland. I could walk from my house which was downtown and walk the same street until the buildings disappeared and it was all fields, cows and sheep and crops and such. It kept going, eventually would run into the main road again but for a while it felt like you were walking right out of the town. I miss that. I live in the "big city" now (which is probably laughable by people who live in actual big cities). But I miss the feeling of being able to walk and watch the city disappear.

Aquifolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

London. I live in a rural hertfordshire town and whenever I'm having a mental moment, I usually go to london.
I like it because you can always get lost there and there are loads of places you can get to on the tube. Funds permitting.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
Revival

I have a couple of places. One is a cave that I found at a beach near me. People don't know it's there so it's really nice (at low tide though it floods otherwise) The other is a bit further down the coast there's a waterfall in the rainforest, I walk further down the river where no one else goes. Very peaceful.

Revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
lau_83
Laura

I am currently:

I have a resevoir with a trail around it about 15 minutes from me. I normally end up there with a book. Or I go out for a bike (motor) ride, doesn't matter where.

lau_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Day Tripper
shannon

I am currently:

Now I want to know where people live. :\

Day Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
Sketchy

I am currently:

The country park surrounding Culzean Castle in Ayrshire. I have been there with my friend lots of times and feel at peace there. Hold on, I think I have some photos. The photos below I took years ago and are of the land surrounding the castle. When I'm there I like to take a camera and sketchbook.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Culzean.jpg (53.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Culzean2.jpg (72.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Culzean3.jpg (42.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Culzean4.jpg (148.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Culzean5.jpg (80.8 KB, 5 views)

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
lau_83
Laura

I am currently:

Omg Sketchy that place looks amazing.

lau_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #9
Sketchy

I am currently:

I should go again, but it takes ages for me to get there.

Old 30-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
ferretmonster

Mines very dull, there isnt really anywhere to go around here away from people and everyone knows everyone so I dive under my duvet and go to dream land

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Forest Fire

I am currently:

I'm quite fortunate to live right next to a part of the national forest. Got a few lakes, hills and obviously forests as well. If its sunny il go for a run and then just lie on the grass somewhere for a bit. Any other weather then i just go for a walk through the woods and try and find places i'v not seen before. Some nice little streams about that are well hidden.
In terms of scenery and peace and quiet i wouldn't change where i live for anywhere else

Forest Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
DontLookUp
Saffyx

I am currently:

theres also a park near me where i go running that just gives me a little bit of time for myself.

where i lived before we had a rooftop with a pretty cool view, that was my safe place.

♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.

DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Narnia, Narnia is my place.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
The country park surrounding Culzean Castle in Ayrshire. I have been there with my friend lots of times and feel at peace there. Hold on, I think I have some photos. The photos below I took years ago and are of the land surrounding the castle. When I'm there I like to take a camera and sketchbook.
Good old Culzean. Not been there in years, even though I'm quite close to it.

Honestly, I don't have a 'place'. Perhaps the boyfriend's house, but I don't really count that.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #15
Sketchy

I am currently:

I'm so jealous you live close to it. I think I'd be there a lot if I did.

Old 30-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #16
The One Who

I am currently:

I'm not really close enough to go on a regular basis, well, unless I really wanted to. And you pass the Electric Brae which is always fun.

I enjoy Arran, it's always nice, even in the pissing rain.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)