RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-01-2016, 09:24 PM   #1
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:
Private therapy? The Recover Clinic, Kensington?

Has anyone used or heard anything about it? It's private and provides a home treatment service by the looks of it. I sent an email to them but am really anxious about it, I mean the chances are I can't afford it anyway.

There is also a private therapist who is on the same road as me and I have emailed them. I have never gone private and I haven't actually been in therapy for years. How does private differ from nhs? Probably sounds like a stupid question!

I was just wondering what other people's experiences were as, after last night, I know I need to do something and soon.

Thank you x

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 24-01-2016, 05:21 AM   #2
Too Shy

I am currently:

I haven't used this service but I really hope you hear back from them soon and that they can provide you with some help.

I have spent time in a private hospital (The Priory, but funded by NHS), but from what I saw, there was very little difference in a lot of ways between the NHS-funded patients and those treated privately, besides that the private patients tended to be day patients rather than inpatients. The main difference with it being private was really just that the facilities were so much nicer! It feels a bit more 'homely' rather than clinical, if that makes sense, although obviously if it's a home treatment team that might not be relevant. There can be a wider range of treatments/therapies available too, and they can be more tailored to the individual.

I'm sorry if this isn't very helpful, but good luck. x

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 05:27 PM   #3
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I see a private counsellor though not there.

The main difference I think has been that I have taken it much more at my pace where're as if I was under the NHS there would have been targets. That said I'm not sure either is better so to speak

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 11:10 PM   #4
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Hi Hun I agree with Cam.

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 08:23 PM   #5
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thanks guys, I haven't heard back from the recover clinic and the other person said that she has a waiting list although I don't know how long. I called my GP surgery and booked the earliest appointment...4th Feb.
Really struggling and my anxiety is through the roof and then I found out I have something else happening next week involved with my job which has just added to that.
I still cannot make myself eat, I sat in my car balling my eyes out earlier - I feel so ridiculously stupid. I feel like i should have grown out of this by now although I know you don't just 'grow out of it'. I am going to try and tell my manager this week so that I may get some respite at work...try being the best word because I don't usually do talking, especially about this.
I hope I get offered some professional help, private or nhs because I need to get rid of this once and for all.

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)