RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-11-2015, 11:48 PM   #1
YesICanandIWill

Smoothie detox after a binge - bad idea?

Hi there,

I've just been diagnosed with a severe binge eating disorder and ENDOS. It started 5 years ago but it's gotten worse and worse for the last month...
This past weekend and Monday, I ate a lot. Monday was the worst... I binged from the moment I woke up. I intentionally gorged myself on junk food and junk food only. I was completely out of control. Like I said, I've been binging for 5 years but I never felt this ill from eating. I felt disgustingly bloated, had a shooting pain in my stomach, my throat hurt, my heart was beating fast and my face was SOOOO swollen. I rarely purge (2-3 times a year maybe), but I had to throw up.

Yesterday, although I ended up binging in the evening, I managed not to binge THAT much. I feel a little bit better now, but I still feel bloated and sluggish... And one thing I know for sure is that this bloating and swelling is one of the triggers of my continuous binge-eating. Like when I wake up in the morning and feel bloated and see my swollen face in the mirror, I feel guilty, disgusted, and hopeless and I start binging again.

That's why I'm considering going on a smoothie detox diet for the next 4 days. I have a midterm next Monday and I'm afraid that I will repeat the same thing over this weekend because of my high stress and anxiety.

What do you guys think about going on a smoothie detox for 4 days? My goal is to stop the bloating and feel healthier, and prevent from binge-eating over the weekend.

Just FYI, I just started seeing a therapist and she suggested me to seek help from the ED facility? ED center?! and am going for an intensive outpatient program assessment next Monday.

Last edited by Aardbei : 06-11-2015 at 12:49 AM. Reason: removed weight and calories eaten
YesICanandIWill is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 06-11-2015, 12:36 AM   #2
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with binging so much.

I'm not convinced a smoothie detox is the best way to get a grip on the issue. It's important to eat normal and get enough food when you want to prevent binges. Also, in my experience smoothies can cause bloating. At least that goes for store bought ones, I wouldn't know about home made ones.

Also, maybe it would be a good idea for you to read the ED forum rules as weight and calorie numbers are not allowed on RYL.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:57 AM   #3
YesICanandIWill

Kitty Galore - thanks for your reply!

And yes, my apology:( I should have read the entire rules more throughly. I was caught up when I was writing the the post. My weight and calorie numbers have been removed. Never going to happen again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Galore View Post
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with binging so much.

I'm not convinced a smoothie detox is the best way to get a grip on the issue. It's important to eat normal and get enough food when you want to prevent binges. Also, in my experience smoothies can cause bloating. At least that goes for store bought ones, I wouldn't know about home made ones.

Also, maybe it would be a good idea for you to read the ED forum rules as weight and calorie numbers are not allowed on RYL.

YesICanandIWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)