RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-09-2015, 03:29 AM   #1
jwblue

Overating sweets

I think I might have a problem with overeating of sweets.

If I don't start I am ok. But I if I eat 1 cookie, I have to eat 10. If I eat 1 scoop of ice cream, I have to eat a pint. I eat to the point of I literally physically can not eat another bite.

I overate ice cream this past weekend and now I have a sore throat from acid reflux. It could get worse.

I don't really have a problem with other foods except when it is free. For instance, I ate at a buffet in Las Vegas and could not stop eating.

I don't know whether this is solely food related or has something to do with other issues in my life.

I believe my binge eating is somewhat unique.

1> I only eat sweets once every 2 weeks. That I am able to control.

2> Yes I have anxiety and unhappiness. At the same time, I feel if I had the perfect life without anxiety and unhappiness, I am almost 1000% certain I would be doing the same thing. I LOVE THE TASTE OF SWEETS.

3> I feel it is more of a physical addiction than mental. Kind of like alcohol or drugs which is believed to be more a physical addiction than mental.

Does anyone else have any advice?

jwblue is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 26-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #2
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

When you overeat, how do you feel at the time? Do you feel sad, anxious, upset? Do you feel out of control and like you can't stop eating even if you tried? Or is it more of a thing where you eat because you like the foods and you want a lot of it?

If it is a physical thing it might be linked to the sugar content perhaps. I think sugar cravings can be intense.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
jwblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Circus View Post
When you overeat, how do you feel at the time? Do you feel sad, anxious, upset? Do you feel out of control and like you can't stop eating even if you tried? Or is it more of a thing where you eat because you like the foods and you want a lot of it?

If it is a physical thing it might be linked to the sugar content perhaps. I think sugar cravings can be intense.
I do not feel sad anxious or upset.

I do feel out of control somewhat in the sense I love the food and want a lot of it. When I am eating I am thinking, "This tastes so good."

I am guessing it is like an alcoholic or drug addict.

The sugar cravings make sense. I am a person that is sensitive to my environment.

I don't know though. Do other people have this type of thing?

jwblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)