RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
sarahkm

I am currently:
Scar reduction?

I have my Graduation ball in two weeks, but recently I have been cutting again. I've managed to stop for nearly a week, and I'm hoping that I will last until the ball. I'm wearing this gorgeous full length red gown and I will have my arms exposed and I don't want my self harm to be obvious.

Anyway, I was wondering what people use to reduce the appearance of scars? Both temporary (i.e. concealer) and things which reduce the appearance of scars in the long term.

Any advice would be appreciated! ♥

sarahkm is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 23-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Temporary, dermablend is very good, but it doesn't look flawless, and it's very expensive. It also stains things you touch before it's dried, so you need to be really careful. You obviously cannot put anything onto of open wounds.

Long gloves are good too.

Longer term, you might find moisturizer helpful. I used to use Bio Oil, but there wasn't that big a difference, and it was slow. I'm not sure it's all that much better than cheaper moisturisers. I used Dermatix, and it improve a lot quickly, but it was very expensive. You can sometimes get it from your GP, but it depends on area/recovery stage.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Everything that talai has said are good suggestions. I once had a masked ball to go to with self-injury wounds, so what I ended up doing was wearing a long sleeved bolero (kind of like a posh cardigan that was short so it only really covered my arms). But obviously if you don't want to be changing your outfit, there are some good makeups which cover scars well such as Clinique. It is unfortunately quite expensive but is usually what is recommended (my mum used to have terrible acne and had to use Clinique). Depending on where your scars/wounds are, could you get away with wearing bracelets/a nice watch? Sorry these are incredibly cliched answers in that you've probably already considered them -I'm a wee bit tired and can't think very straight at the minute but I hope you can find these useful!

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
sarahkm

I am currently:

Thanks guys. :) They're further up my arm so bracelets won't work... I'll try those products and see what helps. Thanks for the help though. x

sarahkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
thefabulous
one day I will look at rocks for a living

I am currently:

my friend had to deal with abuse in her life, and through that discovered the magic scar cure apparently
vitamin E capsules, like the ones you'd take in the morning as a daily vitamin, poke a hole in the skin of the capsule, and rub the oil into your scars, apparently it works absolute wonders to make scars disappear completely

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOLOGY

thefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
Ruby claire

I am currently:

Apply Aloe-Vera gel on the scar twice a day to get rid of the scar!!

Ruby claire is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)