RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
Zombie..

I am currently:
voices

its never enough for the voices in my head i eat they say am fat i eat less they want me to eat even less than that
Today i went around to the shop and bought a few things split it all with my husband so its wasn't that much also bought something for tonight dinner as well witch am splitting with my husband
they tell me to purge what i have ate ... but am trying not to
Am starving myself most of the time having under x amount of calories a day
its never enough i have to lose weight because am obese my dr told me to lose weight
Am been sucked into this cycle of eating less then binging and purging ( when my husband is out the house as he dont normally lets me purge ) and eating less again

my husband says what i had was ok nothing wrong with having something like what i had as a treat

av tried to get help for my eating disorder no one will help me because i have a high bmi the bmi i have to be is a very low one
also i cant be seen because am not diabetic by neutionilist and i cant get any therapy for it
i am waiting for OCD therapy but i dough they will do anything about my eating disorder i have tried B-eat web site and there is nothing in my area
there is a parents and family for those with eating disorders but nothing in Edinburgh / lothian area that is free or NHS that will even look at my situation i feel like no one cares if i starve myself am too fat to be bothered with

Am seeing psych on the 21st of jan last time i told him about my eating he didnt seem interested they know about the voices and other things going on with my mental health am on medication

Zombie.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you are going through so much at the moment. It sounds like quite a lot to deal with.

It is ridiculous when professionals say you have to be under a certain weight to be diagnosed with an ED and it is wrong, you can have an ED at any weight. Starving yourself and binge/purging is not healthy and this should be recognised with your team. I would advice trying to speak to them again, I know they didn't seem to listen to you the first time, but if you try and explain how difficult things are getting for you, they should listen and help you with it.

It sounds like you are concerned and it is affecting you quite badly. Perhaps you could try and lose weight in healthy ways? For example exercising regularly and eating healthily, but not starving or b/p.

Take care of yourself.

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said "I just don't care"?

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Hey,
I'm sorry you're struggling so much! That is ridiculous them saying you can't have support because your bmi is too high. I want to empathise that you can have a ED at any weight- it doesn't have to be low or high; it can be at any bmi. I would say generally if your eating is causing you aloe if distress than that should be enough to say you have disordered eating- therefore you should be able to get help for whether or not it warrants a label of AN, BN, etc.

Are you under any support for your MH? You said you are waiting for therapy for your OCD, do you think the rituals you may have around good could be more to do with your OCD than specific eating issues? (Just curious tbh, trying to understand what sort of help would benefit you more.)

Maybe bring it up with your psych and say how it's affecting your everyday life and see what he says. X

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
Zombie..

I am currently:

Am really struggling
My mh team just seem to brush it off because am obese
i told my psych about my eating he didnt say anything about i never got feed back from him he just went on to something else
today av been feeling really bad my husband trying to get me to eat healthy but i feel like binging and purging
Because my niece is here staying here until the end of jan she got junk food in the house my husband has to hide it so i dont get it
my OCD is things like religion , numbers and germs
nothing to do with my eating

Zombie.. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)