RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Nayy

I am currently:
X days with out food

Hi, I'm in a general psych unit sec2 for my safety. The problem is I also have an ed. EDNOS, not underweight or near. Just my head is soo strong with it right now probs one of the main factors I ended up here.
The question I would like to know is how long will they let me be without food for before they force it. I have tried asking about timelines but they don't know. Drinking minimal fluids. Fainted 3 times and quite week. Even the staff have said they are not used to treating eds. Currently out of area in private bed waiting for a local psych bed.
Any advice greatfuly received

Nayy is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 20-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

We cannot and will not state how long because for one thing there is not a general rule. It depends on how your body and organs cope, and believe me, it really doesnt matter what weight you are. My partner was very overweight when the unit she was in told her they needed to step in.

It sounds like you're quite dehydrated and this will be of immediate concern. Why do you feel the need to restrict fluids [& food]?

Also, just to add, talking about how long food or fluids have been restricted is not allowed in the RYL rules. This is because it can be triggering and illicit competition between people who're unwell.

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Nayy

I am currently:

I'm trying not to but anything triggering in. Sorry if I have. I have the need to restrict all intake to be in control of my body and my head goes crazy if I don't.
It may sound stupid but I want them to step in soon as it means they have the control.

Nayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Have you discussed with the staff how you feel about things? Especially the part where you want them to be in control? I think it is important for them to be aware of that.
I also think that you can actually say they already are in control of food, they are the ones deciding when you get food and how much, right? Maybe try to focus on that.

In the long run though, in order to overcome your issues with eating you will have to be the one who makes the decisions. It is important that you realize that and work on a way to be able to deal with that.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)