Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #1
Do ask-Will tell

I am currently:
ignorant comments

Ive recently been attempting to eat more (at my worst i was eating very little. ive gotten back to healthy looking weight, through a very strict diet and have since been entrusted to make sure i eat enough to keep myself healthy. Today i decided to take a chance and eat in public- in front of people. i wanted to feel a sense of normalicy. I got some food. in my opinion i ate too much, but as i was throwing away what was left, i got multiple comments about how little i had eaten; one going as far as to ask if i had anything at all. i would understand if these comments were coming from people that understood what i am going through, and if they were coming from a place of concern, but their comments felt like an attack: as if i wasnt normal enough. i felt terrible from as much as i ate, then they made me feel like i should have eaten more. i dont feel like i can win.
~hugs appreciated~
(Keep in mind i called them ignorant because they didnt know, but that doesnt make their comments any less harmful.)

Last edited by Serendipity. : 28-04-2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: removing numbers.
Do ask-Will tell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
LittleCloud
LittleCloud

I am currently:

I have also had a lot of experiences like that. I'm sorry you felt so judged- it can feel so awful, even when the judging comes from concern. Just thought I'd let you know, the rules say no numbers (weight, calories) etc. Nothing personal to you- it's an everyone thing

So she lights up a candle for hope to be found
Captive and blind by the darkness around
Each wave a promise, a new hope reborn
Sunrise consoles at the break of dawn

Kamelot - A Sailorman's Hymn Lyrics

LittleCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 12:46 AM   #3
Do ask-Will tell

I am currently:

yeah, I've been warned. do you have any advice for dealing with the comment, littlecloud?

Do ask-Will tell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
LittleCloud
LittleCloud

I am currently:

I'd say just do what you can. People who care worry, but like you said you are so unfamiliar with eating more. You need to give yourself credit for trying. Just try to push a little further each time

So she lights up a candle for hope to be found
Captive and blind by the darkness around
Each wave a promise, a new hope reborn
Sunrise consoles at the break of dawn

Kamelot - A Sailorman's Hymn Lyrics

LittleCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #5
Bethany-Louise

Ahhh I'm really sorry you felt like that, it can be really disheartening to hear comments like that when actually you're going through a journey, and to even be here today you're doing incredible. Never doubt yourself or how far you have come. :)

I think if the people who made the comments had any idea how their words affected you, they would be mortified .. I'm not justifying their comments at alllll, I just think people have a tendency to not think about why they're about to say.. Or how long their words can stay in someone's mind.

You keep on doing the best you can, that's all anyone can do!
And hold your head high!
Most of all, remember to smile each and every day.

You're a precious soul! :)

Throw kindness around like confetti !

Bethany-Louise is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)