Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

What are you doing on christmas day?

What's everyone doing over christmas?

Usually I can't sleep christmas eve, too excited

I wake up early and get dressed, wait for my mum and brother to get ready and we go downstairs to open presents.

Then it's church at half ten which is cute because all the little kids bring their favourite present with them to show off!

I think we're having our christmas dinner at lunch, I can never remember if we have it at lunch or in the evening.

Normally watch tv the rest of the day or if we get dvds for presents we put them on.

Then a few days after my aunties and uncle are coming down to visit and I'll be seeing my dad at somepoint too.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

sitting in my flat alone watching rubbish on TV

:P

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Frenemies
[Alive out of Habit]

I am currently:

My sister usually makes us all get up fairly early, she is older than me (26) lol
We unwrap pressies, start preparing Christmas dinner, speak to my niece and nephew on the phone, erm... I usually have a PS3 game to play so I'll be off playing on that for most of the day lol.

Broken Smile . Starless Sky . End it All . Say Goodbye...

Frenemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Grunge Rock Princess
<|Hippiechick|>

This year I will be in Thailand on christmas day. We should be donig a secret santa and my mum is giving me a couple of small presents away with me to open so i guess we'll spend it together as a crew.

MY christmas on New Year will be the same as my normal Christmas day. Wake up 6am and watch the Santa Clause. Get family up at 8am and open my stocking in their room then go down stairs and open presents under the tree (=D my boyfriend will be here for this part) then we'll visit family and they'll come round for dinner. Then we'll all lie about full of food and wearing party hats and watch tv or new dvds!

If I should become a stranger
You know that it would make me more than sad
Caledonia's been everything I've ever had

Ginger and Proud

The dream is over.....
....good luck to all the globespanners

Grunge Rock Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

My sister wakes up at 7am and wakes up my mum who says shes not getting up till 8.30am to do something to the turkey.

At 9am we get up, my sister and I get our main presents from under the big tree outside.

Then we open our stockings.

Breakfast,then my parents open their presents, then my sister and I open our sack of presents.

Then at 1pm-ish we go to the pub to meet up with people ive known since I was born :)

(this year my dad will be driving up to london at about two to pick up my grandparents)

3pm we have lunch,then watch xmas tv......my dad will drive my grandparents back and then I will fall asleep lmao.xx

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

Working. As usual, but I finish at three to see the family and do presents and that sort of thing. I actually like working christmas, cause although it's always super busy, it's a nice atmosphere, and all the staff get on well anyway.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

what_the? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Grunge Rock Princess
<|Hippiechick|>

I'm technically working? Liek i'm away with work...even though i'm nto flying on christmas day i'll be getting paid. It should be nice, we're all in the same boat being away from home, plus we're away for two weeks and christmas day is like our tipping point of being closer to getting home. Via Sharjah. Via Copenhagen. Via London....but yeh home for Hogmanay!

If I should become a stranger
You know that it would make me more than sad
Caledonia's been everything I've ever had

Ginger and Proud

The dream is over.....
....good luck to all the globespanners

Grunge Rock Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Get up around 7 me and hubby exchange gifts. Get dressed then go to hubby's house. Open presents there then go to his nanna's for a bit, back to his mam and dads for lunch. Then about 2-3pm go to my mam and dads, swap presents there and then take mam and dad over to brothers where i see my sister and swap presents there and have christmas tea (which is buffet type thing) then back to mine about 10pm exhausted.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
Siouxsie
. • 。*

I am currently:

I'm staying around my Grandma's lovely big house on Christmas Eve, along with whichever family members have decided to come for Christmas Day (apart from Mum, who's staying at home or going out). I usually wake up early in the morning, although my Grandma is probably awake already. I'll open my stocking, get ready for the day, wait for everybody else to get ready and for Grandma to do something with the dinner stuff and to pick Mum up. Then when Mum gets here we'll have a sneaky drink. When everyone's ready we'll sit in the living room around the tree and open our presents. Cue more drinks. Then we'll all sit around squeeing over our presents while Grandma sorts out food. Next, dinner (which I'm DREADING). After that we'll have a few drinks, watch some crap TV (cheesy xmas stuff), some good TV (Doctor Who!!!!) and then Mum and I are going back to our house with my Aunt && her boyfriend who are staying over. We'll probably have more drinks and then we'll go to bed.

Wow sorry for the essay.

Siouxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #10
Left Phalange
Phillip, look at me, I'm a stamp!

I am currently:

Well I'm staying at my house Christmas eve and me and my brother will probably wake up pretty early to open our stocking presents :) Our parents are smart and give us a DVD every year to watch before we wake them up.
Then wake them up and open our downstairs presents with a cup of tea :D Then at around lunchtime we're going to my auntie's house where loads of family are gathering and we'll open Secret Santa presents and play Christmas games and there's always a buffet rather than a sit down meal which is good :)
And yeah, I'll be getting hammered :D

I'm gonna tap him like a maple tree. I'm gonna search him for some syrups. I'm gonna be having sex with him.

Left Phalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
Kame

I am currently:

I get a text from my 29 year old brother asking if everybody's up yet (he used to do this when he lived at home too) at around half 6 then spend about half an hour texting him before at 7 o clock, I go flush the toilet to wake everyone up :P
My other brother (also 29 and still lives at home), my mum and my dad then go downstairs and make hot drinks. We normally wait around for about 10 minutes until my brother and his wife turn up, then another hour before my nan turns up. When she does, we all unwrap our presents.
We all sit around playing with our toys (because toys are a guarantee in a house where the youngest is me at 18) until about 10 o clock when my dad makes a fry-up. My uncles, aunties and cousins then normally come to our house where we unwrap more presents and my mum makes things like little sausage rolls and stuff to eat before dinner. At about 3/4 we have dinner and after dinner we sit around until bedtime ^_^
I'm normally shattered by about 8 o clock haha.

You can't lose hope when it's hopeless.
You gotta hope more,
then put your fingers in your ears and go,
"Blah blah blah blah!"

I miss you Pip ♥

Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #12
HopeRises

I'll be on holiday.
But the way it will probably go is, I'll get woken up at a stupid time, either cause my cousin's are fighting/swearing and my aunt is telling them off or just because they're being noisy. (they are older now though so maybe not?) Then I'll sit there dead,dying for a hangover and then at about 10 or 11 o clock people will start opening things. Me and my sister will sit there talking about how spoilt my cousins are while they open there 10th million gift. Then maybe we'll all go for a walk or something..then dinner, then TV time.
Then more drinking and then bed.

Bah humbug

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #13
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

*should really stop reading this thread lol*

I'm feeling left out... so will describe a past christmas.

brther wakes up at some stupidly early time and jumps on everyone to get them up. We go down stair and watch him open stuff, he generally gets a game or a consel and then he's lost on that for the rest of the day...
My step-dad goes to visit his parents while my mum's parents come to see us (step-dad and mum's family not get on) I get a pressent from my Gran, my grandparents try to get brother off his game and fail, they go home. My mum cooks soe form of dinner, and we all sit down to eat it. Then step-dad goes out again, and my brother and I will watch a DVD.

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #14
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

After unwrapping. my presents at my fathers I will be going to my mothers for the rest of the day.
I will unwrap gifts, eat a lot of food and drink enough to put me in hospital.

Good times.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #15
J.K

Be woken up by family for presents.
Grumble.
Have hangover.
Grumble.
Drink. Eat. Drink. Sleep.

Very straightforward.

J.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #16
__T

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.K View Post
Be woken up by family for presents.
Grumble.
Have hangover.
Grumble.
Drink. Eat. Drink. Sleep.

Very straightforward.
This pretty much describes my christmas this year

__T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #17
Horizon

I am currently:

On Christmas Eve we have a tradition that dad puts on a nightgown and cap with teddy bears on it (don't ask) then we sit around the tree and he reads us "The Night Before Christmas". On Christmas morning, we get up early to celebrate by ourselves, then go to my grandmother's house to see my mom's side of the family. Usually we would go to my dad's side of the family, but not this year. Then the day after, we're headed to Florida!

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #18
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

get up, open presents, get ready, go to grandads, spend all day there, more presents, family, etc, sleep over maybe.

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #19
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

My dad reads the night before xmas to us too!

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #20
monket
Carpe Noctem

I am currently:

I'll wake up later than I should, scramble around my apartment wrapping all the presents that I've procrastinated on, then kick my boyfriend out of bed.

Both of us will drag ourselves to my dad's house where we meet up with my brother and sister and generally eat too much. Then we do presents before we leave for my boyfriend's mom's house (though I generally do my best to weasel my way out of going there, so we'll see how that works out this year).

Repeat that last step, only with his family. Then we race back to the city to my mom's house, where there's usually a ton of her friends over getting wasted. We do presents again, and then join in on getting drunk and eating pizza. The end!

monket is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)