Old 04-05-2020, 04:13 PM   #581
tamobhuuta

Why are you going to refuse the depot?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:23 PM   #582
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

But in the long run the depot could really help with the voices. Would you discuss it with someone today rather than just refusing it tomorrow? It's a better way of managing your treatment and showing the staff that you're willing to consider things and talk things through.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:49 PM   #583
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Because it's making the voices worse.
I've never heard a female voice before and the only thing that's changed is the depot.
I have told them I don't want it and the reason why but it really depends who is on tomorrow

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #584
tamobhuuta

Well done for telling them why instead of just refusing. Maybe the depot just needs more time to work?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 04-05-2020, 05:30 PM   #585
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I'm not having that stuff in me for another week.
I'm positive that's what has made things worse
Dick head nurse is in tomorrow so I'm worried they'll force me.
He seems to like injecting people

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 05-05-2020, 01:23 PM   #586
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I hope ward round goes well and you can all work together to figure out what is best for you. Good luck.

Old 05-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #587
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks
It was ok I suppose
Apparently I have a tribunal coming up because I've been here nearly 3 months.
She's not taking me off the depot, she's actually increasing it.
The OT came in and said I don't have capacity to decide whether to go to supported housing but the doctor said I did have capacity which is good!
I just need much more support apparently.
And she wants me to see the psychologist.
Think that's about it.
No talk of discharge which is annoying

Edit: They said they'll restrain me and give me the depot if I refuse so I have agreed to have it. I swear they want me to get worse so they can keep me here forever

Last edited by Cacoethes : 05-05-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 05-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #588
Auror.
Camden

Question - do you think if you can explain to them why you do not want to go to supported housing, and explain what you would be willing to do at home (like have carers come in, etc. if you are willing obviously) as an alternative, do you think maybe they would be more willing to think you have capacity to make that decision? Or explain that you understand why they think it might be beneficial, even though you disagree? Often part of the thing with capacity is that they don't think you understand the concern. But if you show that you can understand it, but also respectfully disagree, that tends to make a difference, at least in my experience.

I don't think they want you to get worse, though obviously with something like medication it is not entirely in their control how your body reacts to it. I know having the depot isn't what you wanted, but I think it was really brave of you to agree to it so you didn't have to get restrained. That sounds like it would be even worse. It still sucks that it wasn't what you wanted, but it's still incredibly brave of you to be talking to them and trying to work with them to make things at least slightly less awful than they could have otherwise been.

Thinking of you.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:14 PM   #589
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I've told them why I don't want to go to supported housing. The doctor seems to be listening but the OT isn't.
I don't really want carers or a personal assistant like they are suggesting. I have a routine, I have things to do I have people to see, I'm very independent and I don't need help!
I have said that I understand where they are coming from but I don't think I need the help.

Thank you
They said it could be thousands of reasons why the voices got worse but it's not the medication which she can't possibly know

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 05-05-2020, 08:24 PM   #590
Auror.
Camden

Do you think there's any kind of compromise in terms of having in home help that you would be willing to agree to? I know it's hard for professionals to sometimes understand that when things are okay you can manage independently. I do agree that you can manage a lot on your own from what you've said. But it might be that it's a compromise on your end that keeps you in your home, and then once they realise you can be okay, they can step it down. It's up to you of course, but if the alternative is supported housing, then you need to determine what you are more okay with.

I don't know for sure about the medication, but I don't think they would lie about that. Staff and doctors have degrees and years of experience and knowledge of how that medication works for other folks, plus the knowledge from rigorous testing that medications go through to even be approved. So I think they can't necessarily know 100%, but they can say that based on their knowledge and the experiences of others, it is very unlikely.

Also just a thought - but while it might not be the medication itself, it might be that the voices feel challenged by the medication, because they know it would make them go away. So the reason they are getting worse is because they know the medication could help get rid of them and it is starting to. That might have made more sense in my head.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:18 PM   #591
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I don't think I'm going to have much choice in the matter regarding carers/personal assistant
But it is way better than supported housing

That is true
But everyone responds to medication differently

That's very possible
They don't want to be quiet so they must hate anything that can make that happen

I have to sleep in the lounge again tonight

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-05-2020, 04:16 AM   #592
Auror.
Camden

That really sucks that you have to sleep in the lounge again.

Sorry if this is a dumb question - but when you say the medication might be what is making you worse, is that what the voices are telling you, or is that what you believe? Or both? Are you allowed to have a different opinion than what the voices say?

Old 06-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #593
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

It's just what I believe
It's the only thing that's changed so seems logical that it's that
I can have a different opinion but I tend to go with what the voices say
Although yesterday I was going to grab the depot needle and stab one of the nurses with it but I didn't really want to do it so I told the nurse and she held my hands still while I was in the clinic room

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #594
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm glad you told the nurse what the voices were saying about the needle. Please keep telling them things rather than acting on them. I think that shows you have capacity in many areas. How was your night? How are you so far today?

Old 06-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #595
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I have been telling them things.
One of the nurses praised me for being so honest recently.
My night was ok thanks. I'm sleeping better even though I need meds to get to sleep.
I think I'm just used to sleeping in the lounge now
I'm just tired today
Woke up because someone was kicking off which was annoying

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #596
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm glad you're sleeping better, it must be really hard to sleep in the lounge. That is really annoying being woken up by someone kicking off, I hope things are more settled for the rest of the day. Will you be watching some films today?

Old 06-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #597
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks
It is really hard. Especially when people are playing music
Things seem to have chilled out now
I probably will watch some films soon but don't really feel I have the concentration atm

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 07-05-2020, 04:00 PM   #598
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I had a really bad incident
The doctor had to come to my room
It was scary and I don't feel right physically

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 07-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #599
tamobhuuta

Sorry you had an incident and still feel bad. Can you ask for PRN?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 07-05-2020, 05:05 PM   #600
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I already had prn this morning.
They gave me it wit my morning meds for some reason. I can only have a certain amount each day and would rather save it for night time.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)