RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 26-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
Freedom Fighter

RYL Moderators Introduce Themselves!

Welcome to the RYL Moderators!

We work here to help keep the website a safe, happy, and comfortable place for you to get the help, support and friendship that you need from a website.

You can see both teams of us around, our usernames are red or green, depending on which team we are on, and you can see us on the staff listings page, too.

The people with red names are forums mods. They oversee the forums and make sure it it free from rule breaking and spam. If you think a post in the forums is breaking the RYL rules, you can post report it by pressing the report button at the bottom of each post. You can PM any forum mod if you have a problem with the forums or email the team at moderators@recoveryourlife.com.

The head of forums is random.swirls

The green named people are the chat moderators. They keep the chat rooms under control and deal with trolls. If you think that something in chat is breaking the RYL rules, or if something makes you uncomfortable, please report it to us!. You can PM any chat mod or contact the team at chatmods@recoveryourlife.com.

The head of chat is griddlebone.

The current chat mods are:

And with that said, this is our team!

Last edited by random.swirls : 04-11-2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Updating
Old 26-10-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I'm Camilla or Cam or something along those lines :p!!

I currently work in mental health which I really enjoy. I'm also a bit of an RYL addict

I've lived in a number of countries and am thus somewhat of an expat brat though I currently live in London

Last edited by random.swirls : 04-01-2015 at 08:15 PM.

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

Old 27-10-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

My name is Ama and I'm 27.

I'm one of the forum moderators and you're more than welcome to contact me if you need anything.

Last edited by Amaryllis : 23-08-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Old 27-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Hello :)

My name is Liv, Im 24 and from Kent in England. Im studying Primary Education with a QTS at Greenwich uni.

Ive been a member of RYL since 2004 and have been a mod for a few years :) As you can see Im a forum mod and a chat mod so Im red on the forums and green in chat :) Im the head of chat so please PM me if you have any issues with chat and Im also one of the meet mods ^_^

My PM box is always open, but please keep in mind it may take me a while to reply, I have an annoying habit of reading PMs and forgetting to reply!

xxx

Last edited by griddlebone : 28-03-2011 at 01:09 PM.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
Alliethulhu
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Hey, I'm Alex(although some people call me by different names in chat) and I'm one of the chat mods and have been for close to a year now. I'm from Kansas, USA(I used to live in California).

Old 16-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #6
crazykat
Fight for another day

Hi,
I'm Kat (crazykat) and have just joined the forum moderators. I have however been a member since 2006.

I am currently studying a bachelor of social work. If you need anything feel free to PM me.

Kat

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

Old 19-08-2014, 04:53 AM   #7
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Hello :) I'm Hannah, I'm a new forum mod.

I've been a member of RYL for longer than I care to admit to and spend far too much time here! I have an addiction to volunteering, and a bunch of old lady hobbies like cross stitch and scottish country dance.

I like PMs, so feel free to get in touch.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Old 24-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
Kathryn_Anna
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I guess I should introduce myself! I'm Kat (or Anna, or any combination of the two!) I've been around for 2 years or so and have recently become a chat mod.

I'm 30 years old, been married for almost 10 years, and have two kids (a son who is 7 and a daughter who is nearly 10 months).

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay," I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight, and say "I know you're not."

Old 04-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #9
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

I'm Claire, I'm a forum mod, and rubbish at writing things like this (I've been putting it off for ages!). I'm 25 and I've been on RYL since 2007.

I work in social care, which is generally alright but supremely busy and I have a bit of a gym addiction, but in a good way.

If you've got any issues, please just PM me, I'm about most evenings on here.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

Old 04-01-2015, 10:26 PM   #10
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I'm Ali :) I'm a shiny and new Forum Mod so do bear with me! I have been on RYL since 2007. I'm the one with the green and the strawberries :D

I'm 24 and have completed a BSc and MSc in Psychology. Currently working as a retail temp whilst looking for a proper job! :P

You can message me anytime <3

Old 16-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Hi I am Sarah and a new mod. I have been on RYL for a number of years on and off, I have probably been around this time for about 3 years.

I am a postgraduate student which means I am often busy and more often looking for distractions from my work!

I'm generally friendly and don't tend to bite so feel free to PM me

In my dreams I slew the dragon

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)