RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Le Almighty Kitten

Useful Links On Grieving.

Thought i'd put this article up from the old site, there are alot of useful links to resources on grieving, bereavement, losing a child (through childhood, infancy, miscarriage and abortion), helping children and young people cope with death, coping with traumatic deaths (murder and suicide) and also help for people who've recently lost a pet.

Also, people could post links to other useful resources and sites that they've found =)

First, you can take a look at RYL's Grief and Trauma Information Section

CRUSE Bereavement Care is a charity based in the UK, you can email one of their trained volunteers or call them.
[font=Arial]Dealing with sudden, accidental or traumatic death, this article covers coping with grief in different situations and how those who're facing grief through different circumstances (ie murder or natural disaster) can have further problems and issues during the grieving process.

Death of a child/miscarriage:
Share, this site gives help, support and advice for parents who have lost a child during pregnancy and infancy.
Coping with pregnancy loss, this article provides help for those who're struggling to come to terms with a miscarriage.
Dealing emotionally with miscarriage, article on how someone feels after miscarriage and how to cope, as well as information for men.
Coping with miscarriage, help for men and women coming to terms with miscarriage.
SANDS is an organisation helping those who've been bereaved as a result of stillbirth or the death of a baby. They offer support for after the bereavement as well as helping people through the long term effects of losing a child so young.
Silent grief is a website with several articles aimed at helping fathers through miscarriage:helping a man understand miscarriage, am i to blame?, what can i say to my wife?, what's wrong with me? [a look at depression in men as a result of miscarriage], lets fix this problem! [men struggling with grief], please stop crying! [men struggling to support their wives trhough a miscarriage]. More articles from the site can be found [here]. Again this is a religious site, but the advice does not push religion at all.

Coping with an abortion:
Coping with a termination of pregnancy, a brief article looking at ways of coming to terms with a termination
www.thesite.org that briefly outlines how to cope.

Children and young people coping with death:
The Child Bereavement Trust, this site is there to help families in dealing with grief, [this] page in particular is about young people; explaining how to cope with teh various situation which will occur such as funerals, anniversaries, going back to school etc.
Winston's wish, again, a site helping young people and children come to terms with the death of someone close to them.
Helping your child deal with death, self-explanatory title, mainly helps in suggesting how to break news to a child of someone died.

Death through murder:
POMC is an American organisation helping parents who have a lost a child through murder; the site offers support through all possible eventualities including being in court as well as coping with grief.
Support After Murder & Manslaughter is a website concerned with helping those who have been involved or who are coming to terms with murder or manslaughter, this website also has a worldwide initiative unlike many other sites which are primarily concerned with the UK.

Death through suicide:
Suicide: coping when someone takes their life, a brilliant article on coping with the death of someone through suicide, the after-effects, emotions, physical effects and moving on afterwards.
Survivors of Bereavement by SuicideUK charity dedicated to supporting anyone over 18 who has been bereaved by suicide

Death of a pet:
Pet loss grief support: a site providing support for those who've recently lost a pet.

Last edited by Pi.R^2 : 13-04-2023 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Updating :)
Le Almighty Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

Dealing with the grief of losing someone or something is very important, one of the things that can effect someone the most is coming to terms with losing a part of their body. This is a form of grief that people rarely think about, yet it can affect a person just as much as or more than losing someone else.
A woman who has to have mastectomy, someone losing a limb or someone losing the use of a part of their body, even hair loss through cancer treatment, diseases or for any other reasons are all examples of loss.

Links to come hopefully if I can find any decent ones!

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
Paperdreams.
..honey.

This should be stickied *nod*.

"When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.”

Paperdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
BlindSpot.
Kiss Kiss, Bang, Bang.

I am currently:

Thanks for this.

Ali xox

With demons dancing off mirror images reflecting all that you wanted.
So far from perfect, onward we will strive.
Take it for what it's worth, this truth that you've realized.
You're not who you thought you were, it's time to see the other side of what you have become.

BlindSpot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
Rainbow-Angel

I am currently:

http://angel-babies.wetpaint.com

Support for anyone affected by Miscarriage, StillBirth and Infant Loss, with a memorial page to mark your loved one.

Rainbow-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:55 AM   #6
secret scars
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

thanks maby this will help me

secret scars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
Cazki
14/6/2007 -

I am currently:

I was looking at a website earlier on today and found a website on grieving and bereavement http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/m...reavement.html id really appreciate it if you could look at the link and just give your opinion of what you think. I have already posted about this in the forum and community section on here but just thought i would post about it here to.

Regards Ian

14/06/2007 -

Cazki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #8
ting_ting

Thank you Kitten. There's a lot of good links here

ting_ting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
~SuNsHiNe~

I am currently:

thanks for posting that:)

"just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a beautiful butterfly..."

~SuNsHiNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #10
Unknown2011
"You can't tame the outdoors...."

I am currently:

Still don't understand what Griving is... I guess I am born not to care?

UNKNOWN2011

"You can't tame the outdoors. The outdoors tames you."
-Christian Hollingsworth

Unknown2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #11
hannahs04

I am currently:

Thank you for posting this!!!!!

<3~Solo is my sissy~ <3

Don't look behind you, you aren't traveling that direction.

hannahs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
ilovecats

I am currently:

hi thanks for doing this some great links. I wrote a blog the other day about my tips for dealing with bereavment http://www.vik.org.uk/2011/03/09/dea...h-bereavement/ follow the link if you would like to have a look.

ilovecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #13
tm27

Thanks for the great links. A blog that I really love is SevenPonds. The true stories of life and death are so touching.

tm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #14
Kristie West

Thanks for the great links!

Kristie West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #15
hellokitty69

thank you for posting this...i found it greatly helpful.

Old 24-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #16
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.

I am currently:

^ not sure if it's sarcasm or doesn't know how to use emojis.

Sweetpea

MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 04:36 PM   #17
hellokitty69

Happy Christmas Everyone! I Hope Its Not Too Painful For Some..

Old 26-01-2016, 12:58 PM   #18
hellokitty69

sorry im rubbish at this and responding...and yes i dont know how to use emojis and i wasnt bieng sarcastic i lost my mom 4 yrs ago and thinking of it dtill makes me want to die. sorry if i offended anyone. and i dont do sarcasm....not on here.

Old 24-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #19
AliciaGoods

thanks for the links...

AliciaGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #20
Shirayuki
No one deserves to be forgotten

I am currently:

thank you for the links....

We'll make it together, one small step at a time

Shirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)