RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:
Drinking and losing hope....

I will now admit to something...... I will now admit to being a ****ing moron. You might sit and think "wtf???" right now but please hear me out.....

When my abusive boyfriend dumped me back when i was 21 my life started falling apart. Many of you have seen me go completely bonkers and in and out of hospital every month for a good few years. I have since then made a huge step in my recovery but i struggle with some things that go way back to that point in time where it all began to go wrong....

The boy who left me pointed out to me shortly before he ****ed off that i had a problematic relationship with alcohol. Yes, i drink. I already did back then some 8 years ago..... Which probably isn't that strange considering the physical and emotional violence i had to put up with every day. So when he ****ed off i started drinking big time. Over the years this progressed into an addiction, and addiction i am still battling. I am in alcohol counselling and i have a very nice counsellor that i really like. She says that these things take time to go away and most people need quite a bit of help in order to break the addiction. I would like to point out that i am not an alcoholic. I don't get sick from not drinking. I don't get physical abstinences but after a few days without i become restless. The stupid thing is that most of the times when i drink i don't actually get drunk... I just drink so the restlesness eases off.

But the thing is..... I wanna stop. I know i can lose weight if i stop drinking. And people clap their small hands and say "Bravo!!! That's a good incentive to stop!!!". HA!!!!! I have tried now for 2 months and it isn't easy at all. And i am getting too angry at myself and losing patience with myself. I feel like the biggest **** up of the century. Some people don't waste a single oppertunity to tell me that thousands of people stop each day so why should it be harder for me????? I usually tell them to piss off because i don't need guilt trips from people who don't have a clue what it's like.

I need something inorder to stop. The problem is that i have no clue whatsoever what it is i need. I tried antabuse. I drank anyway. I tried Campral ( a med to make the cravings lessen). I have given up on that. It's pointless and it's too expensive. I WANT to stop. But something inside me WANTS the alcohol more than it wants to go without. I try so hard to live well, i go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week, i am in the middle of changing my diet forever, i have cut down on coffee but there still is this craving within.

I have actually thought about going back on drugs because then i'd get the high but without the constant weight gain. I have considered starting sniffing funny things again, something i haven't done for more than 10 years since i broke free from my drug addiction. I am DESPERATE!!!!!!! And stupid. Because they all make it sound so easy. Yet i know from first hand experience that most of the clients at the alcohol counselling are people who need to come back time after time because they give in.

I'm tired. And i'm not getting younger. I don't wanna live the rest of my life in this bottomless pit of despair and destruction. It's not like i have that many years left to waste away on this (it's a long story.... I have a serious lung disease). I'm not gonna grow old and grey so i want to live the kind of life i feel would be best for the years that remain. I don't wanna die as an old overweight alcoholic.

WHY is it SO hard?????? Is it just me who is a spineless excuse of a human being????? Am i really as weak as some people paint me????? Do i just need to grow some balls and get over myself and my little pity party???? I need to know what i'm doing wrong. Maybe i'm just impatient. Maybe this goes deeper than what i think. I just need to know if i'm really as stupid and spineless as some people make me out to be....

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

I've never heard anyone say it should be easy I can't imagine how annoying that much be.

I have "issues" with alcohol too, used to be at alcoholic level, then "recovered" and now have relapsed :sigh:
It is hard, there is no getting around that Im afraid. But the fact that you want to stop is a huge deal, I know for me it was more a "I should stop" rather than a "i want to stop" thing for a long long time, and thinking you should but not wanting to really doesn't help matters.

How is alcohol counselling going? Do you feel that it is helping at all? Is it individual counselling or group? I only ask as I found that group was far more effective for me and so maybe one would work better than the other for you too

I wouldn't say you were weak, battleing any addiction is hard, not to mention finding the route cause of it and addressing that which is not only hard but very time consumng.

But the sounds of things you are doing a lot of the right stuff to move past this, it will take time though (which I know can sort of suck as with every day/week/month that goes past without recovery can make you fall futher into despair and deeper into a sense of hopelessness)

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
Margo

I am currently:

will read this tomorrow, we my eyes dont sting so much.

hugs xxx

~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

Thanks for your input, Hazel. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with this as well.

I actually sat with abrick of wine last night while writing this. After two glasses i asked myself what the **** i was doing and then i poured the rest of the wine down the sink.

I have actually only seen my counsellor twice so far. They appear to be very busy people. I like her though. She's kinda weird but hey, so am i. We fit. I trust her.

In Denmark the maximum recommended units for women are 7 each week. This week i will not go above those 7 units. That is my challenge. People who know me know that i am stubborn as hell. THis time i hope my stubborness will help me through.

I don't need alcohol. I just think i do. I don't wanna end up like some of the clients i see on the clinic. I have wasted too many years on this already.

And Matt, i hope you went to bed. :sove:

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

Quote:
After two glasses i asked myself what the **** i was doing and then i poured the rest of the wine down the sink.

Well done :D

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
Margo

I am currently:

Kat your a moron! A moron for thinking you are a moron! A moron for thinking you are a **** up and a failure. So ner!

You have more **** than most. You have a serious ilness both physically and mentally. You have left hospital, started a life, kicked the horrendous self harm **** and amazed us all. FOR **** SAKE WOMAN GIVE YOURSELF SOME CREDIT! Take it a little easier on yourself! You are amazing!

*wrestles you to the floor and beats some sense into you in a non domesticated voilent way ofc :P*

~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 01:01 AM   #7
Merc

If it was 'easy', there would be no need for allll those alcohol treatment places, meds, support groups, etc...right?
Whoever said it is easy is the ********* moron!
It took awhile to reach this point, unfortunately it will take awhile to unravel it all.
I understand being impatient and wanting it over and done, tho...
Being frustrated when you give in...but yay for you for dumping the rest out...that is HUGE!
Matt is right, look at what you have achieved, how very far you have come...and are still going, still moving forward.
Take it easy on you, Kat. You will get there.
xxx

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)